A Midsummer Night's Dream

Started by Tsway'eion, January 09, 2010, 11:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

soo,, the conclusion is, the word moon can use: Txonyä tsawke??
It's a little confusing with all those opinions jumbled. ><
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

Nyx

Yeah, that was one of the suggestions, then there was 'itsawke (letxon) which people agreed on was better than prrtsawke, if I remember correctly. I think I prefer txonyä tsawke, but 'itsawke might be a bit easier to use (epsecially if there are phrases like "blahblah of the moon"). I was gonna wait and see which catches on :P But for the play, I think that as long as we all stick to one, it should be just fine.

Tsway'eion

Now i just heard this in one of Frommer's recent Interviews, He spoke about how Hamlet was translated into Klingon, but he didn't think it was ready to be translated into Na'vi.

Lets prove him wrong about A Midsummer's Night Dream.

Now, Even if we are short some words, lets get it finished, get a big word list of required words, and send our first draft to Frommer, to say that even though there may only be 1000, words in this language(currently about 550 known in the dictionary, and who knows how many different ways to change them.)  We are dedicated to finish a work of Shakespeare's.

Nyx

Don't you worry, we'll show him how awesome we are ;D But I bet we'll have to go back and fix things up as we find out more about the language.

I just had another look at who's translating what, and Tsway'eion, you'd better be doing a good job with Lysander, because I've played that part three times by now, I want those lines to be awesome in Na'vi! Hehe, jk, no pressure ;)

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I'm having a beast of a time finding a word for tyrant (Bottum says it a lot)  I've been using Kawng tute, which I beleive meens something along the lines of bad person.  Anyone else found a way to say it?

kewnya txamew'itan

a tyrant is an evil leader so "kawnga eyktan" seems more appropriate. In this case though it's talking about the father IIRC (I've never read the script, just seen it twice so that may be wrong) in which case I might go with "kawngtu" or "kawnga sempul"
Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

irayo, ma Nyx ><
and yeah, we'll show him how awesome and dedicated we are :P

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Ok, I've decided to use viperqolf (the na'vi word of course) in place of the lion.  What are you guys using?

Also, I've translated a few of the stage directions.  Do you want those as well or is someone doing them already?

Tsway'eion

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on February 19, 2010, 10:00:19 AM
Ok, I've decided to use viperqolf (the na'vi word of course) in place of the lion.  What are you guys using?

Also, I've translated a few of the stage directions.  Do you want those as well or is someone doing them already?

What if you used Palulukan? The viperwolf is more of a small dog than it is a Lion, and a Palulukan... has constantly been refered to as "Kitty" anyway.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

It was decided early on for palulukan to be lion anyway.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Ok I can change that.  What about the stage directions?

Tsway'eion

I wouldn't worry about those... they are meant as instructions to the actors rather then a part to be read, you can translate them if you want, but i wouldn't worry about it right now.

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

I really feel I need some help. I'll do some more work but I can't polish the work.. would someone help do it? I haven't done much, but even without deadline I know I'll disappoint you guys on being tremendously late :(

Tsway'eion

Quote from: Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe on March 05, 2010, 12:02:16 AM
I really feel I need some help. I'll do some more work but I can't polish the work.. would someone help do it? I haven't done much, but even without deadline I know I'll disappoint you guys on being tremendously late :(

If you want to send me an email, i can take a look at it, and give you my feedback. Although you are not that late, as there are a lot of people who haven't done more than a few lines yet.

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

really?
irayo for the reply and I'll consider it later :)

Tsway'eion

I was wondering if someone wanted to make a Midsummer Night Forum signature, it would be kind of cool to have a few, either showing off which Shakespeare project you are working on, or just a generic Shakespeare project sig.

I could try to work on some, but i wouldn't be able to get them done till later.

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

Quote from: Tsway'eion on March 05, 2010, 09:47:35 AM
I was wondering if someone wanted to make a Midsummer Night Forum signature, it would be kind of cool to have a few, either showing off which Shakespeare project you are working on, or just a generic Shakespeare project sig.

I could try to work on some, but i wouldn't be able to get them done till later.

awesome idea! I would love too.. but I dunno.. I'm just not the sig builder type of person..