A Na'vi blog post a week: 2017 edition

Started by Vawmataw, December 04, 2016, 05:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawmataw

With the success of last January's A Na'vi blog post a day, I'm allowing myself to relaunch Le'eylan's concept for a new year.
Instead of writing every day about nothing, which is not always easy or possible, I decided that the participants would post every week. If you want to post more often, don't hesistate one second and go. The goal of this activity is to revive the community and to have an opportunity to practice the language.

Considering the reduced frequency of posting, only having to write four blog posts is not much, hence why I encourage to post more. However, I will extend the activity to two months.
Therefore, I think of running it from the weeks of January 1 to February 28 of the year 2017.

My requirements are short and sweet:
- Minimum 9 posts in total, ideally one for each week. Break the rule if the work makes it impossible;
- I'd like the participants to have a text related to 'Ivong Na'vi on the week of January 20. It can be two-three sentence or even a whole post.

If for any reason you can't post one week, there's no disciplinary action and you can decide to catch up the other week.
The size of the post doesn't matter, your level of Na'vi neither.

Unless the people come up with a suggestion there is no theme, so you're free to talk about anything and nothing.
I hope it's not too restrictive, it will work like Le'eylan's project.

The signup will occur until December 31 (unless people can't join before that date). If you're interested, reply with the link to your blog.

I'm not the boss, not everything has to be set in stone. You can use the thread for suggestions, protests, questions and comments.

Enjoy!

Here are the participants:
Vawmataw
Eana Unil
Wllìm
Blue Elf
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Eana Unil

One post each week sounds doable, I guess I'm in :) It's about time I'd revive my blog anyway.  :-[

http://eanaunil.blogspot.com

Vawmataw

Plumps

Has it already been a year since the last one?

I'm not sure how I'll manage this year. I want to participate but I don't know in which form yet.

Vawmataw

Quote from: Plumps on December 06, 2016, 07:40:03 AM
Has it already been a year since the last one?

I'm not sure how I'll manage this year. I want to participate but I don't know in which form yet.

Yes, already!

You just have to post on a blog once a week. You practice your Na'vi a bit and you're good for the week. It's up to you.

Toliman

Interesting idea.

Maybe I will create blog (I have not it yet) and I will participate too. Maybe.
One post nìNa'vi per week really is not impossible to reach.

Wllìm

Last year figuring out topics to write about was so hard... hmm... only one post per week...
Okay, I am in :)

Oeyä pìlokìl tok fìtsengit: http://wimiso.nl/x-navi/pilok/

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 04, 2016, 05:03:37 PM
nothing

Oeri tìrey ke'u ke lu srak? Tse... ;D

Vawmataw

So Wllìm and Hahaw have been added to the list. Thanks for joining!
Also, for your information, your level of Na'vi doesn't matter. Beginners as well as fluent speakers can join without problem. You're not kicked out if you make 10 mistakes in a 100-word text.

Blue Elf

Well, repeat the project with more benevolent rules is not bad idea. I tend to join again, although my work keeps me busy more than it is acceptable and it probably do not change at the beginning of new year.
I can't promise anything now - check my blog on January 1st, whether something was published. If not, try later again :D
(http://eana-elf.blogspot.cz/)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Vawmataw

It's OK. I added your name, and you can post whenever you can.

Vawmataw

Just checking if everyone has received the message. If you're interested in the activity, no matter your proficiency in Na'vi (includes bad Na'vi), you have 13 days to submit your participation. It takes 1 minute to sign up.

Vawmataw

We are one week from starting. Are you guys ready?  :D

Blue Elf

As for me, erm...... YES! (At least I think so  :))

Wllìm

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 25, 2016, 08:18:49 AM
We are one week from starting. Are you guys ready?  :D

Plumps

Vawmataw

ah, voice messages. If you tried that, it would be great.

Vawmataw

Happy New Year everyone!
My first post is already programmed to be posted on January 1st at midnigh EPT. If you have problems with time during the 2 months, it's possible to program your messages in advance. There's no minimum or maximum date, so you can decide to prewrite your posts for when you are overwhelmed by life. I know it's doable on Blogspot and Weebly.

Wllìm

Quote from: Plumps on December 30, 2016, 01:11:57 PM

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 30, 2016, 03:15:50 PM
ah, voice messages. If you tried that, it would be great.

That is exactly the plan :D

Edit: my first post is here. I am still experimenting with how to record audio messages that don't sound like they are just read aloud, but also do not contain mistakes :P

Blue Elf

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 31, 2016, 03:47:12 PM
Happy New Year everyone!
My first post is already programmed to be posted on January 1st at midnigh EPT. If you have problems with time during the 2 months, it's possible to program your messages in advance. There's no minimum or maximum date, so you can decide to prewrite your posts for when you are overwhelmed by life. I know it's doable on Blogspot and Weebly.
Wou, really? I didn't know that. Must check it, but, seriously, I don't think I'll be able to write something ahead :)

Wllìm

Okay, this is the second week and I am late already...  :-[ at least I figured out a topic to make a post about :) I'll record and upload it tomorrow, I think.

As promised, I posted the text of my first post, as well.