Lore Reference and Stories

Started by Ali'ìmalu, January 22, 2017, 12:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali'ìmalu

So this is actually a few separate projects, but since I'm kinda conceptualizing them I'm just going to put them all here.

I'm hoping to start writing stories to practice and learn Na'vi. They'll start short and sweet and gradually become more complex as I learn the language. Due to the fact I plan on basing most of my stories on lore, I have consequently created a bunch of reference docs for plants and animals that I think others would enjoy for reference as well. ^.^

All docs are open to edits by anyone with the link, so if you see anything that's incorrect please feel free to tweak as needed.  :D

Please feel free to offer suggestions for stories. Note: I can't draw O.o

References:

Edible Things

Musical Instruments

Clothing Resources

Building and Crafting Resources

Dangerous Things

Light Sources

Non-Canon/Unofficial Docs:

Recipes

Story Ideas

Plans for Project Docs:

-Make stories about daily life with the tribe on Pandora
-Translate the entire Pandorapedia site into Na'vi as a familiar way for others to practice translation

Vawmataw

Thinking about it we should make a guide in Na'vi. lel
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Plumps

As I said before, ma Ali'ìmalu,

I think this can be very useful ... especially for lazy people like me who are not that deeply interested in the cultural/botanical stuff. This can be a gread resource. :)

Especially if you plan to write short stories or instructions in Na'vi, I'm very interested in that.

Atkxìn

These are good resources, and I like your ideas! Such stories would be very useful learning tools, and would be even more educational to the writer as practice. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Blue Elf

It appears to me that you are getting information from ASG/pandorapedia. Those two contains a lot of mistakes or wrong information. Various flora/fauna names can be found in dictionary, and many useful information is also on Naviteri.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Blue Elf on January 28, 2017, 04:18:30 PM
It appears to me that you are getting information from ASG/pandorapedia. Those two contains a lot of mistakes or wrong information. Various flora/fauna names can be found in dictionary, and many useful information is also on Naviteri.

I find that the ASG only contains mistakes about the "Na'vi word" for certain things. If one ignores the ASG Na'vi name for stuff, it's pretty much our only source of cultural information at all outside of what we see in the film. I consider the cultural information canon, but the Na'vi words in that book not canon (except that which matches the canon standard)