An Annotated Dictionary (update 06 February 2023)

Started by Plumps, August 31, 2014, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Elf

Thanks for update, Plumps. Really, your dictionary is very usefull, when one needs to find source of some word or sentence.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Plumps

That's what it was intended to do ;)
Plus to give examples when one is unsure about a word usage.

Glad to read that you find it useful :)

Plumps

New words from the latest blog post have been added.

Refer to the change log for further additions, rutxe :)

wm.annis

Ma Plumps,

There's a usage in Paul's New Words for the New Season Naviteri post that could be added under ta. He gives three ways to list the material something is made of. "A spear made of wood:"

* tukru a txolula fkol ta rìn
* tukru a ta rìn
* tukru lerìn

And the highlighted one seems worth a note. And the first one might be good for txula examples, for "make from."

wm.annis

Plumps

Done and done! ;)

Irayo nìtxan ma tsmukan!

New version will be up shortly.

wm.annis

wm.annis

Typo in the article for mllte has a spelling error in the English. The last example has fatehr for father.

Plumps

Quote from: wm.annis on January 01, 2018, 07:21:43 PM
Typo in the article for mllte has a spelling error in the English. The last example has fatehr for father.

Fìsävllìri irayo ngaru ;)

Corrected and new blog post incorporated. New version is in the first post.

wm.annis

wm.annis

Ma Plumps,

Under your entry for aylaheru you describe the form aylahe as not yet attested. Paul uses it in the title of this 2015 blog post (contracted with ): Kap sì ayunil saylahe. Threats, dreams, and other things.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: wm.annis on January 30, 2018, 04:53:14 PM
Ma Plumps,

Under your entry for aylaheru you describe the form aylahe as not yet attested. Paul uses it in the title of this 2015 blog post (contracted with ): Kap sì ayunil saylahe. Threats, dreams, and other things.

I found it interesting that the Eana Eltu dictionary contains aylaru (the contracted form of aylaheru) which is the dative of aylahe.
DOUBLE EDIT: but aylahe is not listed.
lahe is listed as an adj., but yet we see here it is very much so behaving/doubling as a noun when it feels like it.

EDIT: and this is the current running definition of saylahe in our main EE dict:
Quoteadv. 'et cetera' (derived from sì alahe and others) (contraction)

Maybe I'll make a report on the Dictionary thread about just adding , n. to the part of speech data for lahe.

wm.annis

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 31, 2018, 09:53:45 AMMaybe I'll make a report on the Dictionary thread about just adding , n. to the part of speech data for lahe.

Or prn. "Other" can be fuzzy about its word class, it seems.

I've added it to my list of things to ask about when Paul has time for questions.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: wm.annis on January 31, 2018, 09:58:36 AM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 31, 2018, 09:53:45 AMMaybe I'll make a report on the Dictionary thread about just adding , n. to the part of speech data for lahe.

Or prn. "Other" can be fuzzy about its word class, it seems.

hmm I suppose you're right that it makes more sense to call it a pronoun (pn.) than a noun (n.) since "other(s)" can refer to any concrete or conceptual thing.

wm.annis

Plumps

Yes, thank you :) I'm on it ;)
Will be included in the next version.

Plumps

Draft updated. Please refer to the first post and the change log respectively :D

Plumps

Finally got around to update the draft. Please refer to the first post and the change log respectively :D

Plumps

Latest blog post and language updates added to the draft. Please refer to the first post for the link and the change log for changes and new entries respectively. :)

Vawmataw

Just out of curiosity, is this project ever going to stop being a draft?
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu