Community Projects > General Projects / Resources

An Annotated Dictionary (update 09 May 2021)

<< < (2/30) > >>

Tirea Aean:

--- Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 31, 2014, 11:49:38 am ---HOLY TORUK, ma Stefan, I see what you created there! This is just WOEIU! :D :D :D
This kind of dictionary is exacly that what I'm looking for! Apxa karma ngaru nìtxan nang!

This file should be on the LN website!

--- End quote ---

I'll add it there when he's done. :D

If we can find a way to automate the generation of this file by expanding and modifying Eana Eltu, or writing a new software better than EE for this, then I'd say ladies and gentlemen, we may have found our new Learn Na'vi Dictionary.

Vawmataw:

--- Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 31, 2014, 12:06:22 pm ---If we can find a way to automate the generation of this file by expanding and modifying Eana Eltu, or writing a new software better than EE for this, then I'd say ladies and gentlemen, we may have found our new Learn Na'vi Dictionary.

--- End quote ---
That would be an excellent idea. :D

阿波:

--- Quote from: Wllìm on August 31, 2014, 11:54:42 am ---I think having context together with the words is really important, so this is going to be so useful! :D :D

--- End quote ---
I've heard of studies disproving that myth (of context aiding retention).
However it'd certainly be nice to see HOW you use some words (like "pxel" and "na", "nume", etc).

Tìtstewan:

--- Quote from: Vawmataw on August 31, 2014, 12:09:38 pm ---
--- Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 31, 2014, 12:06:22 pm ---If we can find a way to automate the generation of this file by expanding and modifying Eana Eltu, or writing a new software better than EE for this, then I'd say ladies and gentlemen, we may have found our new Learn Na'vi Dictionary.

--- End quote ---
That would be an excellent idea. :D
--- End quote ---
I second this! :D

BIG EDIT:
Tuiq was going to rewrite the EE anyway, as far as I can remember me. We would have the possibility to create a new software for this new dictionary.

EDIT 2:
Does this will be available in German, too?

EDIT 3:
This project added to the "project database" :D

Plumps:
’Ivong nìk’ong, ma frapo! ;D

I feel very honoured and grateful that you find it helpful and that you think ahead of what can be done. At the moment, I try not to think in too big steps ahead – for now, I just want to get through it in a pace that is comfortable to me. Part of the reason I decided to show it to you at this stage of the process is to motivate myself to get it done eventually (I won’t tell you when I started with this :P ) and maybe get help in finding typos, errors, etc. to improve on consistancy.

S and t will be a tremendous chunk of work (same as f and n were) and it will just take the time it will take. I hope you can all understand that. :) As I said, at the beginning it was just something to play with in LaTeX because I wanted to get more familiar with that program. I’m sure it can be applied for coding (or whatever it is called :P ) to Eana Eltu (some of it, I already know, looks familiar or is based in TeX). Some things would definitely be easier.

--- Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 31, 2014, 12:26:20 pm ---Will this be available in German, too?
--- End quote ---
That’s the only look ahead I allowed myself :P Yeah … eventually, I thought it would be ready for translation in German (and other languages) too.

Thank you all so much for your support, enthusiasm and kind words! It’s much appreciated. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version