Another Na'vi textbook

Started by Seyvaro, February 18, 2010, 01:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seyvaro

Kaltxì,

I'm going to be writing a textbook in the teaching style that Latin is taught in- with grammar lessons, exercises, pronunciation guides, vocab lists, and, most importantly, stories. I don't know enough Na'vi to write stories myself. Does anybody want to help? They have to be original stories. In Na'vi, of course.

Here are the words that I'm going to include in the first chapter vocab list, if anybody wants to write stories. You can, of course, use other words (just not illegal ones). I'll just gloss them.:

Hu
Mi
Ta
Ke
Ne
Ayfo, Fo
oe
pizayu
'eveng
'efu
fngap
upxare
plltxe
tel
makto
tul

If you decide to write a story, please try to keep the grammar simple, if you can (unless it interferes with the quality or general awesomeness of your story), as its the first chapter.

Irayo nixtan,
Seyvaro

swiräk

hm. Good idea. I think im gonna write a story in english, will try to translate it^^

Seyvaro

Irayo! I'm going to be putting the guide on my website ( http://www.simonorrstudio.com ), once I write it. The website isn't fully written yet, and it'll be down multiple times while I move the machine that is the server around. Soon though. Soon, it will be up and working. You can either post the finished story here, for all to see, or email it to me at [email protected].

Irusayosi nìmun,
Seyvaro

swiräk

yeah um, I think this needs alot of time, because I havent any Idea yet, and because im not very good in na'vi^^

Edit:

well, Its realy short, realy simple, But I think it will do it for the first chapter(I hope)

<<~ Navi text ~>>
<<normal text>>

Issabelle was walking around in the near of the Human base. She heard a whisper <<~Dont be scared~>> She didnt understand, she cant speak navi. She got scared and started to run back to the base. But something was running after her, and it catched her. It called other Navi people, and they took they to theyr home: Hometree.

well, I think Ill put it in the "Now" time

Kaltxì Palulukan!

This will require a LOT of work.
(I know this, as I have laid out numerous teaching examples in my Na'vi activity book).

I would gladly help you, but I am, at least at the moment, complete in the information I feel like sharing, and am working on a podcast (which, sadly, is even more work). I wish you luck, and want you to know that if anything in my activity book can serve as inspiration to help YOU create an even better book, feel free to borrow, copy, or be inspired by anything you see there. part of the reason I created the activity book was to inspire others to make a more formal version; a more structured version of Na'vi instruction.

So, good luck, and stay with it. It will be brutal at times, but it is more than worth the effort you invest in it. If I can help out in small ways, PM me. But my main focus is on this podcast at the moment--and brainstorming  bizarre humorous Na'vi creations.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)