Lu yawn oer mikyun - I love the ear
0 (0%)
Lu yawn oer lora pam (/pam alor) - I love a beautiful sound
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn oer ontu - I love the nose
0 (0%)
Lu yawn fahew - I love the smell
0 (0%)
Lu yawn oer frasyuve!! - I love every food!!
1 (14.3%)
Lu yawn oer sanhì - I love the stars
3 (42.9%)
Lu yawn oer sihiyìk - I love jokes
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn oer hangham - I love to laugh
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn unil si - (I) Love to dream
5 (71.4%)
Lu yawn aylì'fya - (I) love languages
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn oer lora wll - (I) Love beautiful plants
1 (14.3%)
Lu yawn oer ioang - (I) Love the animal
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn mipa eylan - (I) Love new friends
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn oer keye'ung - (I) Love insanity
4 (57.1%)
Lu yawn(e) tul nìwin - (I) love to run fast
3 (42.9%)
Lu yawn(e) yom syuvet - (I) Love to eat food
1 (14.3%)
Lu yawn(e) kame oeyä eylan - (I) Love to see my friends
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn(e) mipa aylì'fya - (I) Love new languages
2 (28.6%)
I love the mountains (need a word for mountains)
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

judytuna

Quote from: Ftiafpi on May 11, 2010, 05:56:32 PM
I don't think we can do the astronaut bit because it would involve clips from discovery channel

Instead of astronauts, we'd have two people (or more) in full-on blue-skin Na'vi body paint with tails. Facial prosthetics optional. Yes/yes?

Ftiafpi

Quote from: judytuna on May 12, 2010, 03:55:21 AM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on May 11, 2010, 05:56:32 PM
I don't think we can do the astronaut bit because it would involve clips from discovery channel

Instead of astronauts, we'd have two people (or more) in full-on blue-skin Na'vi body paint with tails. Facial prosthetics optional. Yes/yes?
Well, I wanted to stray away from that as much as possible to focus more on the language and community but it does seem a blue man group impression is warranted for some part of this. I don't think the beginning is the best place though.

Rikxyu

Here's me singing my version. I included judy's intro (great idea BTW!) and my lyrics. I was trying to just show the overall pacing of the lyrics, so I listened to the original tune with earbuds as I sang, which could account for why there may be some horrible off-key moments. I like to sing, but I'm not very good...

http://rikxyu.posterous.com/first-post-my-stab-at-the-navi-boom-de-ya-da-0

P.S. @ judytuna: I listened to your Whole New World nìNa'vi and wow! You are a really good singer!
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
Just look at what happened to Quaritch...

judytuna

Ah Fifi (may I call you that too? HRH), good point. It would be funny to have bluemangroup impressions as one of the cutaway scenes in the middle (as many blue men as possible suddenly crammed into one na'ring scene for maximum hilarity). So I am in agreement with you. It's just that the skit with those words (and the fist bump) I consider to be part of the format of the song... I laughed for like 10 minutes at the 4th graders doing the fist bump...

re: your three best options: "nìNa'vi with English subtitles" (but spoken by two normal-looking (ie not bluemangrouped) people) it is my current "vote" (as if peons like me are allowed to vote... these are all just suggestions by the way, I'll stand by whatever you decide in the end of course). Though... I do see the potential for English with Na'vi subtitles, as a cushion for the general public. We don't want to scare them away, so in the first 10 seconds, it could be in English, while getting them ready for the Na'vi with the subtitles, and by the time the song starts, they will be charmed into staying. haha? Actually I can't decide if it would be more charming to go straight nìNa'vi... what a flipflopper. Someone call the charm scientists in!

(Offtopic: Irayo ma Rikxyu for the kind words =) We have Ftiafpi The Great to thank for the translation!!!!! I have not forgotten about nìngay mipa kifkey. It shall see the light of day. And stop your lip-wind for it: what a glorious day that will be.)

Ftiafpi

So, gonna finish my first draft translation of the song (hopefully) by Sunday, possibly by Monday. If people could at least have all their first drafts done by then as well, that would be good, because I'd like to move onto finalizing the lyrics by sometime early next week. I know, I've been lazy/busy as well but I'd like to press forward on this so we don't get too side-tracked. Remember, we still have a long way to go before we get this finished, so we'll have plenty of time to make changes, but the sooner we get some lyrics down, the sooner we can get to finalizing said lyrics and working on recording this things and making an actual song.

Ftiafpi

Person 1: "You know, I love that movie Avatar, I just can't get it out of my head! It's such a beautiful world."
Person 2: "Yeah, me too. Though, you know, that movie made me realize how much I love the world we have right here. There's so many amazing things all around us."
Person 1: "Hah, this sounds like an intro to that Discovery Channel ad, the one that goes "I love the whole world...""
Person 2: "You know, we should totally combine the two, lets show everyone how amazing the world is, but let's do it in Na'vi!"
Person 1: "Hah! Okay, I'll start...[music and first line in Na'vi]"

Lu yawne oeru taw
Lu yawne ayyayo
Lu yawne tsawke
Lu yawne aysayo
Lu yawne kifkey
Sì tsawä 'u sì fam

Pum ti a ta. Pum ti a ta. Pum ti a ta. Pum ti a ta.

Lu yawne oeru txon.
Lu yawne oer txampay
Lu yawne eylan
Lu yawne rol fìway
Lu yawne kifkey
Sì tsawä kye'ung

Lu yawne oer vur
Lu yawne fì'fya
Lu yawne Na'vi
Lu yawne oer aynga
Lu yawne kifkey
Tsaw lora tsenge lu

Pum ti a ta. Pum ti a ta... [fade out]

Ftiafpi

Alright guys, if I managed to get off my lazy txìm and write a first draft of the song (and stayed up way later than I should have getting it done) then you can too!

I'm gonna give it till the end of Friday for any last minute additions and then I'm moving us on to taking what little we have and editing it for a final song. Seriously guys, after this bit we're gonna take what we have and maybe move stuff around, take bits out of one song and add it to another, or change a line or two, but that's it. No starting other first draft songs from scratch, nothing. So, unless you're happy with the two songs and a few other spare lines we have so far then I suggest you either get writing or let me know you need more time.

Anyway, so, after Friday I'm going to post what we have so far for first draft stuff and we can edit those till they're perfect. Then comes recording both singing and video (and music) and then editing and done! Should be all completed sometime next month.

Maweyatan

Rikxyu

Oooo... very nice, ma Ftiafpi! I love it!  ;D
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln

Ftiafpi

Quickly made a sung version of it (very quickly, so don't mind my pronunciation).

http://www.box.net/shared/u71us0nlev

Ftiafpi

Well, I guess this is what we'll work with. So, moving on. Comment on the two proposed versions, what you like, what you don't like and we'll see about working out the little details.

Payoang

Ma Ftiafpi, you win, sir.

Remind me to sketch up the instrumental backing so we can all sing along :)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

You win a life time supply of...

INTERNET HIGH FIVES
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Ftiafpi

Hahah, okay ma Payoang. We can manage for now as there are some (not so well done) instrumental and piano version running around the internet that we can use. If someone does find a true instrumental version of the music that would be great. Anyway, the next deadline is Saturday the 5th of June to have all the music recorded and a sample song made that the singers can use to practice with.

As I'm not musically inclined so someone will have to spear head the music creation, perhaps MJTF (who early on mentioned wanting to help with this) or Payoang? I imagine it would be easier for more than one person to work on the music (though maybe not).

As for the lyrics, as I mentioned before, comment on the two proposed versions, what you like, what you don't like and we'll see about working out the little details.

Maweyatan

I noticed something in your lyrics Ftiafpi, "Lu yawne aytayo" should be "lu yawne aysayo" Just saw that.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Maweyatan on May 22, 2010, 12:41:33 PM
I noticed something in your lyrics Ftiafpi, "Lu yawne aytayo" should be "lu yawne aysayo" Just saw that.
Whoops, how did that happen. Fixed.

Ftiafpi

So, just want to make sure that people haven't lost interest in this because we're hitting a point where I can't carry this much farther on my own.

Rikxyu

I'm still interested in this very much. I just need an assignment...

Name any way that I can help.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Rikxyu on May 27, 2010, 01:59:32 PM
I'm still interested in this very much. I just need an assignment...

Name any way that I can help.
Come up with suggestions to improve the lyrics, anything and everything you think could be done better with them.

We also need people to spearhead the music part. If we're desperate we can probably find the original music from discovery channel with no singing but I doubt it will be as good as if we made out own music.

Maweyatan

ma Ftiafpi, I could always learn the music on Piano. I don't think it's too difficult... ;D What ever I can do to contribute with music.