Lu yawn oer mikyun - I love the ear
0 (0%)
Lu yawn oer lora pam (/pam alor) - I love a beautiful sound
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn oer ontu - I love the nose
0 (0%)
Lu yawn fahew - I love the smell
0 (0%)
Lu yawn oer frasyuve!! - I love every food!!
1 (14.3%)
Lu yawn oer sanhì - I love the stars
3 (42.9%)
Lu yawn oer sihiyìk - I love jokes
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn oer hangham - I love to laugh
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn unil si - (I) Love to dream
5 (71.4%)
Lu yawn aylì'fya - (I) love languages
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn oer lora wll - (I) Love beautiful plants
1 (14.3%)
Lu yawn oer ioang - (I) Love the animal
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn mipa eylan - (I) Love new friends
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn oer keye'ung - (I) Love insanity
4 (57.1%)
Lu yawn(e) tul nìwin - (I) love to run fast
3 (42.9%)
Lu yawn(e) yom syuvet - (I) Love to eat food
1 (14.3%)
Lu yawn(e) kame oeyä eylan - (I) Love to see my friends
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn(e) mipa aylì'fya - (I) Love new languages
2 (28.6%)
I love the mountains (need a word for mountains)
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Ftiafpi

See, we really need someone to coordinate music. Early on some people volunteered but they seem to have vanished. Think I should PM them to see if their offer still stands?

Rikxyu

Probably. And my apologies, but I am not very good with music.  :P

(My evil piano teacher ruined me when I was 7...)
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
Just look at what happened to Quaritch...

Ftiafpi

Alright guys and gals. I've searched and searched and have yet to find a decent instrumental for the song. It looks like our ONLY option is for someone to make it. I don't have the know-how to pull something like that off so this project needs your help or it dies right here.

Rikxyu

In case anyone wants to try playing the music, sheet music is that-a-way.

<-----

(First page, third post, posted by Payoang)
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln

Rain

Who's got a computer program that allows them to write music? Some of the really sophisticated ones will even make a playback.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Rain on June 03, 2010, 08:53:28 PM
Who's got a computer program that allows them to write music? Some of the really sophisticated ones will even make a playback.
Yeah, that's probably what we're gonna have to do but, again, I don't have the know-how to do something like that.

Rikxyu

*sigh*

PEOPLE WHO CAN DO THIS STUFF, GET IN HERE!!!!

...please?

Le'eylan

I have a hard time figuring out what it exactly is you want us to do  ::)
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Le'eylan on June 04, 2010, 02:41:08 PM
I have a hard time figuring out what it exactly is you want us to do  ::)
We need the music for the song in some form. Either an instrumental version of the original song from the advertisement or a version we create ourselves. If we create it ourselves we should have someone head that group other than me. Either that or have just one person create it.

If we create it ourselves I imagine it will be something like a recorded piano solo (Payoang) or a synthesized musical piece with multiple instruments. It could also be a combined recording of multiple instruments but that would involve some serious coordination and getting people to play each instrument (however many parts we end up having) so I doubt that will be the way we go.

So, yeah, we need music, and badly.

Payoang

Ok, so. Here are lyrics in English.

(Full view)
[smg id=601 type=full width=400]

Full sheet music: TheWorldIsAwesome.v1.pdf

The following backing track consists of piano, violin, cello, choir. You can choose between a version where a clarinet backs up the main vocals, or one without vocal doubling.

Backing track
[smg id=602 type=av]

Backing track + clarinet/vocal doubling
[smg id=603 type=av]

Rikxyu

Woah!

Irayo, ma Payoang! Very nice!

Payoang

And lyrics nìNa'vi, a lá Ftiafpi
Quote from: Ftiafpi on May 18, 2010, 08:06:19 PMaylì'u fpi tìrol

(Full view)
[smg id=604 type=full width=600]

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Whoever is going to sing the lyrics, remember that when na'vi sing they usually either soften or in some cases completely elide ejectives.  :)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

omängum fra'uti

Dunno where you're getting that from...  We don't exactly have a whole lot of examples of Na'vi singing, and I think I recall something from the fount of correct and accurate knowledge, the ASG, that they actually emphasize the ejectives and glottal stops in songs.

Edit: Ah found what I was thinking of...

QuoteMany of the songs for puberty rituals and hunting are performed as non-melodic group chanting in a very forceful, rhythmic grunting style. In this style, the glottal stops and ejective consonants inherent in the Na'vi language are emphasized

Still, the samples of songs we have, the only ejective I can think of is in the weaving song in "trrä sì txon...", and that's certainly ejected.  (I don't consider the soundtrack songs to count there.)
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Rain

Love it love it love it.
If we get a Relay for Life group together, we should sing it there.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Ftiafpi

ZOMG! Thank you, thank you, thank you, IRAYO ma Payoang. So glad, I was starting to loose hope and feared that this project would die but this is wonderful. At this point I'm probably going to start a new topic for the song and move onto phase 2 of lining up performers and getting people to record bits so when I'm not at work I'll make that which will have tons more details and such.

So, until then, thank you again, this sounds excellent and will fit really well with the song.

I'm also going to assume, as nobody has made any objections at this point, that we're going to use my version of the lyrics as the final version of the song.

P.S. "Awesome (light swing)" AHAHAHAHAHA :D ;)

Ftiafpi