Lu yawn oer mikyun - I love the ear
0 (0%)
Lu yawn oer lora pam (/pam alor) - I love a beautiful sound
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn oer ontu - I love the nose
0 (0%)
Lu yawn fahew - I love the smell
0 (0%)
Lu yawn oer frasyuve!! - I love every food!!
1 (14.3%)
Lu yawn oer sanhì - I love the stars
3 (42.9%)
Lu yawn oer sihiyìk - I love jokes
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn oer hangham - I love to laugh
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn unil si - (I) Love to dream
5 (71.4%)
Lu yawn aylì'fya - (I) love languages
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn oer lora wll - (I) Love beautiful plants
1 (14.3%)
Lu yawn oer ioang - (I) Love the animal
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn mipa eylan - (I) Love new friends
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn oer keye'ung - (I) Love insanity
4 (57.1%)
Lu yawn(e) tul nìwin - (I) love to run fast
3 (42.9%)
Lu yawn(e) yom syuvet - (I) Love to eat food
1 (14.3%)
Lu yawn(e) kame oeyä eylan - (I) Love to see my friends
2 (28.6%)
Lu yawn(e) mipa aylì'fya - (I) Love new languages
2 (28.6%)
I love the mountains (need a word for mountains)
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Rain

Quote from: Ftiafpi on April 14, 2010, 11:11:18 PM
Quote from: Rain on April 14, 2010, 10:16:26 PM
Lu yawne si/run eylan = Lu yawne s<iv>i eylan
Fits the syllabic parameters better, methinks. If I'm wrong, sowwy.

I like this one! It fits the community perfectly and has a really good meaning. Not sure how well eylan will easily rhyme but we'll see where/what we can do with this. As for syllables I think it works pretty well.

'ewan, 'eylan, 'itan, atan, ean, eyktan, faketuan, fìtxan, ikran, kilvan, nìltsan, nìtxan, olo'eyktan, palulukan, poan, pxan, ran, san, sìltsan, tìran, tutean, tsmukan, txan, txe'lan.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Ftiafpi

Adding a few sample lines of my own:

Lu yawne tul nìwin.

Lu yawne yom syuvet.

Lu yawne kame oeyä eylan.

Lu yawne mipa aylì'fya

Ftiafpi

Okay guys, I'm starting the first poll for sample lines. The top 5 or so lines we vote on here will become the basis for our song, we will try to include these lines if at all possible and it will help give us a direction of how we want the song to go. You can add more lines after the voting starts if you want.

You may vote on as many items as you want.

ShadowMainZERO

If we can get "I love the mountains" then I can sing that line. I live in WV, there are rather beutiful mountains all around me.

Come join the adventure in Strange Lands: A Pandoran RP!

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Zelenal on April 19, 2010, 12:22:13 PM
If we can get "I love the mountains" then I can sing that line. I live in WV, there are rather beutiful mountains all around me.

Awesome, I'll add it to the poll.

(I have trouble with that word too, beautiful. Just remember it has an "a" in it.)

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Zelenal on April 19, 2010, 12:22:13 PM

Oh, and if that was you that just voted you'll need to re-vote since I had to reset the votes for a quick second.

ShadowMainZERO

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Ftiafpi

Alright, seems like all the people who want to vote have voted so I'm going to go and close the voting now.

The top 5 lines that we will build the song around are:

Lu yawn(e) na'rìng - (I) Love the forest
Lu yawn(e) oer txampay - I love the ocean
Lu yawn unil si - (I) Love to dream
Lu yawn oer keye'ung - (I) Love insanity
I love the mountains (need a word for mountains)

Now, this doesn't mean that we can't use the other lines in the poll, it simply means that all of these lines will be attempted to be included in the rough draft songs we create in the upcoming days. For the last line, I'd say hold off on trying to work it in once we (hopefully) get that word from Karyu Pawl.

(As a substitute for the mountain line, I suggest one could use this line: Lu yawn(e) tul nìwin - (I) love to run fast)

Now, I'd like to have the lyrics for the first draft of the song done by Saturday of week after next (8th of May) if at all possible. So, anyone who wants to make sure that their song gets a good review for inclusion please post them ASAP. If you don't want to do the whole song that's fine but at least submit 6 line stanza so we can mix and match with other suggested stanzas.

Also, we need to decide which form the "I love the..." section will take. So far we have the following suggestions:

• Lu yawne
  • Lu yawn
  • Lu yawne oer
  • Lu yawn oer
  • Lu yawne oeru

Now, we should obvious stick to one version if possible but I think we should discuss which one we want to use or if we want to just use what sounds best on a line by line basis? (Also, note that the first "I love the..." line must have "oer" in it to be grammatically correct.)

Rain

Because of this project, I can't read "yawn" without associating it with the Na'vi word for "love"...and I don't mind at all!

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Maweyatan

Do you mean First of May? June is a whole month away. xD

Anyways. I just need to know how you want the "I love..." part. This is going to be fun!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Maweyatan on April 25, 2010, 03:21:41 PM
Do you mean First of May? June is a whole month away. xD

Anyways. I just need to know how you want the "I love..." part. This is going to be fun!

Whoops, no I originally wrote first of June but that seems like more time then we need. I'll just make it two weeks and adjust it as needed. Thanks for catching that silly mistake.

Maweyatan

Maweyatan

My first stanza of kxangangang.
lu yawne na'rìng (I love the Forest)
lu yawne oer sanhì (I love the stars)
lu yawn aynantang (I love the viperwolves)
lu yawne oer na'vi (I love The People)
lu yawne eywa (I love Eywa)
sì poeyä ayswirä. (And her creatures)
kxangangang, kxangangang, kxangangang, kxangangang!

If there's anything wrong with it, just peng oeru. [oe nerume (I am learning?)]

Rain

Maweyatan

Irayo ma tompa!

I'm thinking about adding to it tonight or tomorrow. It's so much fun making lyrics in Na'vi. I could never do it in 'inglisi

~Maweyatan

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Maweyatan on April 25, 2010, 05:57:17 PM
lu yawn aynantang (I love the viperwolves)
sì poeyä ayswirä. (And her creatures)

I must remind you guys, remember that we must be able to film things that can fit with these lines. I'm not sure how we would film something relating to Eywa or nangtang,

Maweyatan

Tree of Souls? Use the video of Jake viewing the viperwolf slowly. Or you could use the viperwolf puppy video! Tis cute!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Maweyatan on April 25, 2010, 09:31:11 PM
Tree of Souls? Use the video of Jake viewing the viperwolf slowly. Or you could use the viperwolf cub video! Tis cute!

We (unfortunately) can't use anything from the movie.

Rain

Quote from: Ftiafpi on April 25, 2010, 10:08:53 PM
Quote from: Maweyatan on April 25, 2010, 09:31:11 PM
Tree of Souls? Use the video of Jake viewing the viperwolf slowly. Or you could use the viperwolf cub video! Tis cute!

We (unfortunately) can't use anything from the movie.

Bug somebody from deviantArt.com, they might feel like making animations.

ShadowMainZERO

This is either going to be the most awesome thing ever or it is going to be stupid. I really don't know what to think.