Clan ideas

Started by 'Ì'awn Menari, May 08, 2010, 09:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Ì'awn Menari

i posted this in the real life Na'vi tribe and a tsmukan suggested i put the idea here.  i had a thought that for those who do not want, or want to but are unable to be a part of the real life tribe, they can be involved in a clan all the same.  the clans can be chosen by country, state, county, city etc.  it'll be a group for Na'vi speakers, cosplayers etc to get together and still feel like they're a part of a Na'vi clan.  the names are chosen by the group plus the rules etc.  i thought it would be a good idea, and a good way for our aytsmukan s'i aytsmuke to get together and create a close nit community.  suggestions, is it a good idea?  bad idea?  have fun i just wanted to through the suggestion out there.

Irayo
Eywa ngahu  :D
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Mawey au 'ekong

I think clans are a good idea. It's a great way for like minded people to get to know each other and role-play as well :)
I'd be up for this, but how would you divide the clans? You don't really want to have a clan for every state, there would be too many lol
Maybe set clans with certain aspects and people could choose the one which they prefer. That could of separate people further into interests...

Anyways I'm just throwing some suggestions, what dyou think?

Eywa ngahu,
Mawey au 'ekong
Twitter: cassiusitsohver

'Ì'awn Menari

Quote from: Mawey au 'ekong on May 11, 2010, 04:02:42 PM
I think clans are a good idea. It's a great way for like minded people to get to know each other and role-play as well :)
I'd be up for this, but how would you divide the clans? You don't really want to have a clan for every state, there would be too many lol
Maybe set clans with certain aspects and people could choose the one which they prefer. That could of separate people further into interests...

Anyways I'm just throwing some suggestions, what dyou think?

Eywa ngahu,
Mawey au 'ekong

That works, and then every once and a while whenever the clan and its members are able, can meet every once and a while, like face to face, to make like a bond.  It wouldn't be as much fun unless you met your other members face to face (I think and it adds on to the trust a little).  It can use a little work and perfecting but that's why I asked for opinions, mine was a spur of the moment thing while driving with my parents lol. 
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

The clan idea has been brought up here from time to time. It is kind of a neat idea, but it never seems to get much traction. Perhaps, it is because people are expecting this to be a big deal. 'Big deal' things like this usually don't work on relatively low-volume lists. The language part of the Learn Na`vi site is certainly less busy than the fan section.

But having clan you can join when getting 'on board' that represent certain Avatar-themed things would be nice and may be not hard to do. This is along the lines that Iawn Menari suggested. For example: music plays a big role in the lives of the Na`vi (and there are musicians here, including the list founder Payoang), so a musician's clan could be a possibility. Or, an animal lover's clan. Or, a hunter clan, or a warrior clan. Maybe even an RDA-themed clan or clans. One could sign up to be a member of one or more clans. It would show up on your information, but beyond that, it would be of minimal importance. It would just serve to identify you as a musician, animal lover, etc. Optionally, there could be a forum for each clan.

The main point: KISS. The more complex this gets, the less likely it will succeed.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]