Conquer MS Word!!

Started by Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe, February 19, 2010, 07:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

Oh my, txan irayo!!
I tested it and it works very well. thank you thank you :)
tho you'll have to change the language back and fro from English to 'Esperanto', yes?
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

'eylan na'viyä

Quote from: Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe on May 04, 2010, 09:12:23 PM
Oh my, txan irayo!!
I tested it and it works very well. thank you thank you :)
tho you'll have to change the language back and fro from English to 'Esperanto', yes?

in OO you have to select the language either for the whole document or only a paragraph or selection. when you create a new one it always has the default language (which can be set too afaik). i havent looked closely but maybe you can set a hotkey for it.

'eylan na'viyä

i just noticed that there is also a possibility to use multiple dictionaries at once eg: en-US & Na'vi (even if some of them are already installed).
howto:
-open the .oxt file(of the other language eg: en-US) with a compression program eg: 7zip, winrar, ...
-edit the dictionaries.xcu file:
--replace the locale with eo:
Quote<prop oor:name="Locales" oor:type="oor:string-list">
               <value>eo</value>
           </prop>
-edit the description.xml file:
--modify the identifier to allow the same dictionary to be installed a second time:
Quote<identifier value="org.openoffice.en-US2.hunspell.dictionaries" />
--modify the displayname to be able to distinct it from the other:
Quote<name lang="en">American English Spell Checking2</name>

or you go the other way and change the Na'vi dictionary to match your language

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

well it's not so hard anyway. I see that the languages I had chosen (both Esperanto and English) is filtered from the rest in the language tab. So they're the ones I used.

thanks a lot :)
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

Tìmawey Mungeyu

i Don't know to what extent this is possible, but wouldn't  it be better to have a Document processor for Na'vi only. cause this way u could implement ur own spell check (only for na'vi) and u could add nifty features to it. which isn't possible in word.

u know im a 1st year ICT student. i have sufficient knowledge of java to try and put something together, but i have not actively learned the language anymore from a few months back (i know heresy ^^) but i just couldnt find the time back then. so i would need some help with the actual spel checking.

i cant promise anything but i will take a look.

'eylan na'viyä

i wonder if it is possible to use a different spellchecker-engine in msword.
The dictionary i made for open office and firefox uses hunspell. It seems to be able to do everything that is required except infixes.
If we could get word working together with hunspell we only need to solve the infix problem
I think there are 3 possibilities:
1. hunspell is open source. i have read several requests for adding infix support and somewhere else that it is maybe partially working, but i haven't gotten into that matter deep enough to find it out. So there might already exist something or we could request it again and hope it will be added in the near future.
2. we could modify hunspell ourselves
3. we could ask Tuiq to let eana eltu do the job by creating a list of verbs with all possible infix combinations in it (could become a huge list)

concerning grammatical questions i can help you (as far as knowledge exists about that topic)

links about hunspell:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunspell
http://hunspell.sourceforge.net/
http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/editing-the-spell-checking-dictionaries
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hunspell/forums/forum/480971

rules file (.aff) (a bit newer than the one in the open office spellchecker)

'eylan na'viyä

now there is also a spell check dictionary for Opera (tested with newest version)
(actually its only the Open Office that also works with Opera renamed into a .zip file)

-paste this into the adressbar of any half-decent file manager: %APPDATA%\Opera\Opera\dictionaries in windows or ~/.opera/dictionaries in linux
this should open the dictionary subfolder of your oper profile folder
-just put the zip file in it (do not extract it!)
-after a few seconds or a restart the dictionary should be available in opera.

Muzer

Fì'u lu txantsan!

Infix support is sort of a must though... also, it'd be good if this could be linked up with Eana Eltu so that it is updated automatically. I don't know if Opera uses the standard hunspell library or if it uses a proprietary version compiled into it - if the latter, it'll be much harder.

Oh, and Opera installation instructions on Linux are almost the same as in Windows:

Paste this into the address bar of any half-decent file manager: ~/.opera/dictionaries or go there in the terminal if you prefer.
-just put the zip file in it (do not extract it!)
-after a few seconds or a restart the dictionary should be available in opera.
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive