Countdown Signature Bars

Started by Swoka Ikran, February 06, 2011, 12:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoka Ikran

This one's yet another project of mine...signature bars that show countdowns.

This tool allows you to create a signature bar that can reflect the time to a user-settable date and time. You create them using an online form on my website, then just put in your signature like a regular signature bar with [img]. Most attributes, like font, color, and background are all customizable.

Example for Tirea Aean's return (5/21/11):

You can create them here: http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/ - The code to put it in your sig will be given at the bottom of the form after you've pressed create at least once.

You can view countdowns created by others here: http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/gallery.php

If you want to request a background, ask Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan. He helped me with the graphics that are currently available, and has offered to make backgrounds for those who want them.

Hope everyone enjoys it! Comments welcome :)
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

'Oma Tirea

Speaking of backgrounds...

You may have noticed the black strip in the sig bars gives away the fact more easily that the numbers are computer-generated.  I wonder if that text can just be overlayed onto the original sig bar image....

Txantsana project btw :)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on February 06, 2011, 11:33:50 PM
I wonder if that text can just be overlayed onto the original sig bar image....
It can. I have a few "no blank" images on the generator right now. If you don't like what I have, you can either ask Eanikran for a custom for it, or you can use the "Other..." base image, which lets you specify your own image from elsewhere (like imageshack). The only requirement is that the image is a PNG.

Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on February 06, 2011, 11:33:50 PM
Txantsana project btw :)
Irayo!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Swoka Ikran

Added 2 new fonts (Impact and Lucidia Console :P ) and fixed a few minor bugs.

Timers also now stop when they reach 0, instead of "turning around" and counting upwards indefinitely after the expiration date passes.

Ikran Ahiyìk

Countup would be cool also, something like "LN.org has started ..." :)
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on February 12, 2011, 08:57:33 AM
Countup would be cool also, something like "LN.org has started ..." :)
Not a bad idea...and relatively easy to implement too. (The initial release actually allowed this...I actually added a fix to make the timers stop at zero - without the fix, a count-up was as easy as setting the target to a day in the past.)

I'll add this when I get the time :)

Tsufätu Ayioangä

OMG YES!  I'm getting one so I don't have to manually change it every day

Ok I'm having a hard time getting the stuff positioned correctly.  is there any way you could give us a general set of numbers to make the one you have in yer sig?  And the colours too

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on February 16, 2011, 11:32:38 AM
OMG YES!  I'm getting one so I don't have to manually change it every day

Ok I'm having a hard time getting the stuff positioned correctly.  is there any way you could give us a general set of numbers to make the one you have in yer sig?  And the colours too
The one in my sig is as follows:

* X and Y for timer: X:150, Y:50.
* X and Y for text: X:10, Y:20
* Color is: R:180, G:255, B:128

I'll consider adding a color picker :)
Added in upcoming update.

EDIT: Updates coming either later tonight or tomorrow :D :D

New features will be: "count-ups", a color picker (no more RGB values!), and a major bug fix for an issue that prevented the setting for hours from being saved (as a result of this, every bar created so far has an "end hour" of midnight :P).

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on February 16, 2011, 02:17:53 PM

New features will be: "count-ups", a color picker (no more RGB values!), and a major bug fix for an issue that prevented the setting for hours from being saved (as a result of this, every bar created so far has an "end hour" of midnight :P).

Awesomesauce!  Irayo

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on February 16, 2011, 08:31:36 PM
Awesomesauce!  Irayo
You're welcome :)

I pushed out the update a few minutes ago, so you should have the color picker and stuff now. If there's any issues with it, let me know.

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on February 16, 2011, 02:17:53 PM

Irayo nìtxan!! ;)

Swoka Ikran

Ikran Ahiyìk

Swoka Ikran

Swoka Ikran

Updated again...minor bug fix to prevent negative values in the date/time fields. PHP doesn't approve of dates/times with negative numbers in them :P

Also, anyone got ideas for expanding this (maybe even beyond just doing counters)?