Daedalus Browser

Started by Irtaviš Ačankif, July 27, 2011, 03:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irtaviš Ačankif

UPDATE 20110801: DAEDALUS 5 FINAL RELEASE OUT!!!!!

The long wait to Daedalus 5 is finally over! Here are the new features:

Bug fixes
There were quite a few bugs in the Daedalus 4 line. One of them that never got noticed and never got fixed is that every time the browser is closed, the oldest bookmark disappears. Eventually this will eat all of your bookmarks, yom yom yom!  This is definitely not good. Others can be called pseudo-bugs. These include inactive tabs displaying only a domain name instead of the title, the title updating after the document finishes loading instead of after the title changes. These are all fixed.

Instant translation
Tired of flipping away at a dictionary, scrambling towards nawma Google Translate, or wasting your time typing the address of old-school Babel Fish just to find the translation of an unknown lif'ya? Waste no more of your time! With Daedalus just select any text and translate direct from the context menu, powered by Google Translate! Auto-detects the language and translates to English from the English version, and Chinese from the Chinese version.

Usability += a lot
Tired of the old-school Firefox 2-ish interface of Daedalus 4? You should. Now with Daedalus 5 you get a much, nìtxan, and muy better interface with semitransparent tabs and buttons. Additionally, Daedalus now uses a custom drop-down menu for the address bar, which gives you suggestions even if you type only the middle of an address and not the beginning. Usability improves a lot!

As always, the browser is at: http://www.alusoft.tk/daedalus.php

PS: Find all of the Na'vi words in the post!
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

akiwiguy

Epicness. I shall continue my work on FishPhish tomorrow after I get some sleep :P

Oh, and I've added support for Facebook and the Google Accounts login page. I'll send you my modifications when I have done some more.

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Irtaviš Ačankif

Irtaviš Ačankif

Version 5 released officially. See first post.

By the way, my browser didn't work with Facebook? I thought it did... I don't want a facebook plugin however. Daedalus should stay clean. Really clean.

Additionally, how is your work on FishPhish going?

Tirea Aean

This project looks very impressive. If only it were easy to run this on a Linux machine. I have had no luck at all with Mono in the past for running .NET. and of course, WINE doesnt even like .NET either. still, I like where this is going and just wanted to show my support and concern for any possible X-platform work for it in the future. The best to the dev team. :D

Irtaviš Ačankif

Yeah. I'm deciding to move to C++/Qt or at least make a Mono-compatible version for version 6. Sorry.

By the way, the dev team is just me  ;D

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on July 31, 2011, 07:53:11 PM
Yeah. I'm deciding to move to C++/Qt or at least make a Mono-compatible version for version 6. Sorry.

By the way, the dev team is just me  ;D

kudos to you then. ;D Qt works nice for cross-platform (but I'm not sure how difficult this is to develop on) Yeah, from the description and screenshot, I'm excited to use it whenever you have the time to go crossplatform ;D (I wish I could help, but I'm not experienced in these areas yet.)

akiwiguy

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on July 31, 2011, 11:44:38 AM
Version 5 released officially. See first post.

By the way, my browser didn't work with Facebook? I thought it did... I don't want a facebook plugin however. Daedalus should stay clean. Really clean.

Additionally, how is your work on FishPhish going?

No, I mean support for Facebook in FishPhish. Because fake Facebook login pages are everywhere.

And it's going alright. I shall send my modifications through to you tomorrow.

It _should_ work with Mono. I shall try that tonight on my Ubuntu box.

Irtaviš Ačankif

The Gecko wrapper doesn't work with Mono, since the Mono Windows Forms is very buggy.

As I have said, I'm going to use a Mono-compatible wrapper and GTK+ to write version 6. This will make it cross-platform...somewhat.

Edit: I have a Kubuntu 11.04 dual-booted, and it doesn't work. Case closed. Sorry ma eylan.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I really like the thinking behind your anti phising filter, but it needs to be much more tolerant for false posetives. The most apparent example is the PayPal logo which might get linked in from other websites, it ain't that uncommon.

Irtaviš Ačankif

Therefore I used the && statement and not ||  ;D

This means that there must be at least a few similarities (not just one or two) to be called a phishing site.

However this then bars the minority of phishing sites that look NOTHING like the original site (I even saw a wordpress-powered one with the default theme and paypal written on top of it) which gear towards pure ayskxawng.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Uhm, then I'm looking on the wrong file. In Fishphish.cs in the sourcecode rep you're using || operators.

akiwiguy

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on August 01, 2011, 05:10:31 PM
Uhm, then I'm looking on the wrong file. In Fishphish.cs in the sourcecode rep you're using || operators.

The FishPhish.cs in the Daedalus repo isn't used, the one in OpenGeckoSharp is instead.
https://github.com/quantum1423/OpenGeckoSharp/blob/master/Skybound.Gecko/FishPhish.cs

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on August 01, 2011, 06:03:25 PM
Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on August 01, 2011, 05:10:31 PM

The FishPhish.cs in the Daedalus repo isn't used, the one in OpenGeckoSharp is instead.
https://github.com/quantum1423/OpenGeckoSharp/blob/master/Skybound.Gecko/FishPhish.cs

But that is the one which has 

akiwiguy

Oh lol.
I'll fork it and fix it.

Irtaviš Ačankif

Merged back to main repo.

BTW, how is your improvements to FishPhish going?

Irtaviš Ačankif

Where by the name of Eywa has the new FishPhish lists gone?  >:(

akiwiguy

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on August 10, 2011, 06:41:34 AM
Where by the name of Eywa has the new FishPhish lists gone?  >:(

Sorry. I've been caught up with school work, studying is hell. I'll commit some changes to my repo later tonight hopefully and then I'll submit a pull request.