Our Only Home - Avatar Fan Film

Started by Alan, December 17, 2011, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

I think I've got the right place here.  ;)

I should have shared this some time ago, but it is only because there has been an addition to this project I thought I would share it with all you good folks.

What is he talking about, I hear you say.  Well, back in May 2010 I was on Avatar Forums and there was a discussion going on about the need to look after our home - this planet.  So I (foolishly!) said, instead of talking about it, why not do something about it.  Why not make a film!

I went away only to come back two hours later and find a heap of responses saying lets go for it!  So I set to work on a script.  Three months later we had our fan film ready, just in time for the release of Avatar SE.  20 people from 9 countries took part from Avatar-Forums and Tree of Souls forums, although I'm sure quite a number of them can be found here on LN too.

Anyway here it is:

Our Only Home.mp4

Because there were aysmuke sì aysmukan from different countires that didn't have English as their first language they provided translations.  So far there is Czech, Finnish, German, Portuguese and Spanish.  As well as English sub-titles for our hearing impared eylan.

We also made a two part 'making of' video that can be found on the You Tube Channel for the film along with the subtitled versions.  One of the production crew also created an App for the iPhone, iPod and iPad which can be downloaded free from iTunes.

Our fan film adventure did not end there though.  In November 2012, as Avatar SE was coming to an end in the cinema I thought it would be cool to have a mini meet up of fans to watch it together.  So I contacted the local IMAX cinema.  At the same time I asked if it would be possible to show our fan film before Avatar.  Much to my amazement they said yes!!!

And so on 5th Novemeber 2010 us Avatar Fans ended up having something in common with James Cameron:  We have both had a film shown at the IMAX cinema!  ;D

Hopefully soon I will be able to add Russian and Italian subtitle versions of our fan film and will post accordingly.

Anyway hope that was of interest.  It is amazing what all us Avatar Fans have accomplished together in our own way and something we can all be proud of; from expanding the Na'vi language and making fan films through to making new friendships and taking what Avatar has given us to grow ourselves.

Avatar woke us up in a way that we did not think possible.  It's like now is the reality and before Avatar was the dream.  I can barely remember my old life...

Eywa naghu,

Alan

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Hm. I was in the community by then, I wish I had heard about this. I would have loved to do something for it. Perhaps.....perhaps we could all make another one? Thoughts?

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Alan

Katxi Txonä,

Well, who knows ma tsmukan.  Just needs the right spark of an idea that relates to Avatar and brings the fan communities together.

Could be a story, a documentary, instructional, music...whatever...

Alan

We could probably pull something together at the next meet up :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Alan

Well, with all us Avatar fans there it would be the ideal opportunity to do something really cool.  ;)

I know we will be recording the event on video anyway, but there might be an opportunity for something else to as an activity maybe?

Duno, just a thought...

Alan

Tsmuktengan

I would also have loved to participate. I really like the video and this this is a great initiative. Great job!  :)

We are community with a unique ambiance and thinking with a conscious of the other and of the environment around us. This kind of video is good for showing a concerned worldwide community (communities actually) with the same pragmatic evolution in thinking. It can also be good to give these sites some visibility. ;)

Quote from: Alan on December 27, 2011, 07:17:13 AM
Well, with all us Avatar fans there it would be the ideal opportunity to do something really cool.  ;)

I know we will be recording the event on video anyway, but there might be an opportunity for something else to as an activity maybe?

Duno, just a thought...

Alan

Hmmmm....just tossing out an idea but with the amount of cosplayers there are going to be, maybe we could do a LARP film!

-Txonä Rolyu

Alan

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on December 27, 2011, 06:21:34 PM
I would also have loved to participate. I really like the video and this this is a great initiative. Great job!  :)

We are community with a unique ambiance and thinking with a conscious of the other and of the environment around us. This kind of video is good for showing a concerned worldwide community (communities actually) with the same pragmatic evolution in thinking. It can also be good to give these sites some visibility. ;)

Irayo for you kind words, ma 'eylan.  I agree with you, the Avatar communities really do have a unique ambiance about them.  Like multiple clans all willing to work together and say something too.

There maybe another community fan film in the future.  Just need the right spark of an idea that is worthwhile, inclusive and links to Avatar, it's message and the fan communities.  So only a slight challenge then!  Hehehe :D

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on December 27, 2011, 10:54:18 PM
Hmmmm....just tossing out an idea but with the amount of cosplayers there are going to be, maybe we could do a LARP film!

-Txonä Rolyu

It's a possibility, but might require some structure and maybe rehearsal or something.  Would be really cool to do something on the grass front outside the SMF.  Would need multiple cameras to shoot it ... Oooo I'm getting all excited!  Might be a possiblilty...althought it might eat up too much time... Worth a think though.  It would certainly be great to do something whilst all the Avatar fans are together.  Even if it just for us all to send James Cameron and his team 'a message'. Now this really has got my mind thinking...

Alan

Tsmuktengan

Hmm, I would have hoped for no cosplay in fact... never mind.  :-\

Alan

Nothing decided yet!  Just a bit of brain storming.  All ideas welcome when it comes to brain storming. :D

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Alan

Kamean

Alan

Kaltxi folks,

For any Italian aysmukan sì aysmuke we now have Our Only Home with Italian subtitles!

We need to give _Omaticaya_ from Avatar Forums a massive irayo for taking the time to do the translation and checking it through.

Well enough waffle from me.  Time to let the Italian subtitles do the talking:

Alan

Kamean

Quote from: Alan on December 29, 2011, 11:30:19 AM
Kaltxi folks,

For any Italian aysmukan sì aysumuke we now have Our Only Home with Italian subtitles!

We need to give _Omaticaya_ from Avatar Forums a massive irayo for taking the time to do the translation and checking it through.

Well enough waffle from me.  Time to let the Italian subtitles do the talking:

Alan
Well done. :)

Alan

Irayo.  (Thanks for correcting my spilling...errr...spelling too.  My brain doesn't always co-ordinate well with my hands! - hehehe)

Alan

Kamean

Quote from: Alan on December 29, 2011, 02:12:38 PM
Irayo.  (Thanks for correcting my spilling...errr...spelling too.  My brain doesn't always co-ordinate well with my hands! - hehehe)

Alan
Kea tìkin ma tsmuk. :)