Definition disambiguation

Started by Txonpay, January 18, 2024, 11:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Txonpay

I updated the first post with the ambiguously countable nouns (excluding ones used as both countable and uncountable on Na'viteri).  Now it matches the spreadsheet :)
Cuddling my ilu

Toliman

Txonpay

Hmm.  Should letrrtrr get "normal" in its definition? :-\ True to its definition, "normal" seems to be the most likely term people would search when they are looking for letrrtrr.
Cuddling my ilu

Toliman

Txonpay

Got it. :) Now I am also questioning if we were right to remove säfngo' and tson from the list of wanted clarifications/distinctions.  I just sort of assumed that a säfngo' isn't from a superior. :-\
Cuddling my ilu

Toliman

Txonpay

Should I add it back to the things to ask Pawl about?
Cuddling my ilu

Toliman

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Txonpay on April 04, 2024, 02:55:11 AMGot it. :) Now I am also questioning if we were right to remove säfngo' and tson from the list of wanted clarifications/distinctions.  I just sort of assumed that a säfngo' isn't from a superior. :-\

I kinda wasn't paying attention and have been thinking of säfngo' vs. tson more or less as requirement vs. assignment.

Of course I think it makes sense to add "(from superiors)" or similar if it's needed for tson (cuz it was explicitly stated on Na'viteri)
But I am not sure if the restriction of "(from anyone who isn't a superior)" for säfngo' is a thing or not

Quote from: Txonpay on April 04, 2024, 03:00:18 AMShould I add it back to the things to ask Pawl about?

I guess one more wouldn't hurt?  :-\
I'm curious about if the distinction I brought up here (requirement vs. assignment) is the case, and if so what best could we do to convey that in the definitions
Or, if the "from anyone who is/isn't a superior" distinction exists as what sets them apart, that would be cool to know as well

Toliman

QuoteI'm curious about if the distinction I brought up here (requirement vs. assignment) is the case, and if so what best could we do to convey that in the definitions
Me too :)

Txonpay

I updated the first post to reflect tonight's discussiontsyìp.  I will wait until Friday to see if any more things we notice come in before letting Pawl know about the changes 8)
Cuddling my ilu

Toliman

Txonpay

I also intentionally left out Na'viteri questions on posts after the u/ù list from the misc. questions.  I draw the line there and think that would be too much on top of a list of questions, and re-asking the new ones would be too soon.  The newest question on the spreadsheet is if kxutslu, lekxutslu and yeusey are ù-words (with the hypothesis that none of them are). :)
Cuddling my ilu

Toliman

QuoteThe newest question on the spreadsheet is if kxutslu, lekxutslu and yeusey are ù-words (with the hypothesis that none of them are). :)
That is a good question too, maybe we can ask for next time ;D  :)

Txonpay

Quote from: Toliman on April 04, 2024, 11:03:07 PMThat is a good question too, maybe we can ask for next time ;D  :)
It's in the spreadsheet and sent to Pawl the first time :D
Cuddling my ilu

Toliman

Quote from: Txonpay on April 05, 2024, 12:56:23 AM
Quote from: Toliman on April 04, 2024, 11:03:07 PMThat is a good question too, maybe we can ask for next time ;D  :)
It's in the spreadsheet and sent to Pawl the first time :D
Txantsan :D

Txonpay

I found a new question that was never answered on Na'viteri:
What does nrr with <er> look like? :-\ Is it ner given mllte + <ol> = molte?
Cuddling my ilu

Toliman

Txonpay

Cuddling my ilu