Eana Eltu: Translator, Dictionary, API and putxìng.

Started by Tuiq, January 07, 2010, 04:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'eylan na'viyä

there is now an even faster way to look up words.
There was an addon for firefox with wich you could perform a google search by selecting a word and then pressing 's'. I modified it to be more flexible. now you can use the keywords you can usually set for searchengines for execution from the locationbar(eg "g test" for googling for 'test').

to use it with eana eltu you need to(after installing of cause) click the arrow next to the searchbar; go to 'manage searchengines'; select eana eltu; edit keyword; enter something short eg: 'e'; ok and close dialog; now you can select a word by eg: doubleclicking it or select a complete sentence in Na'vi; and then write the keyword or press e if its just 'e'; a new tab should be opened. (with this method and ctrl+w for closing the tab it now takes easily less than 5 sec to look up a word)

btw: it works with every other searchengine too.

it is the first working thing, so there some unnecessary things left from the original plugin.

install link

Edit:
seems not to work on every browser config atm. ill figure out why
it should now work with most configurations

Edit2:
now its available on the mozilla site

Muzer

If anyone here uses Opera and wants me to, I can make a custom menu (with shortcut) to do that, just give me a shout and I'll upload mine.
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Tuiq

Verb infixes may are not recognized correctly, dictionary is broken for searching in Na'vi non-exact (only results in exact are shown). Oh, and we're halfways done moving to LN.org.
Eana Eltu: PDF/TSV/jMemorize

'eylan na'viyä

if you find some time during or after that could you please modify the behavior a bit.
some words dont have a german translation. it would be practical if it shows the english translation instead of an empty field.

Seze

I found an error in the NaviDictionary.csv file.  On line 549, "skxakep;probable; probably;adj., adv." there is a ; in the definition, which breaks my scripts that expect ;'s to only be used as separators.  Also, there are some rouge '{' and '}' characters that seem to be left over from the Latex file.  Could you fix this sometime?

Irayo

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Tuiq

I can't find that word in the dictionary. Guess you have to talk to Taronyu to change it. There is some LaTeX left, yes.

Taronyu

Changed the ; to a ,. No problem. Not sure what to do about the rogue { }. Tuiq will have to take care of that.

Seze

I also found this line: si;{\it do, make} auxiliary verb, postpositional non-bound verb;  which doesn't have a part of speech attached to it, just blank after the final ;

Seze

Another possible bug report,  I found one entry in the CSV file that was a complete duplicate, "vawm".  Also I found two other entries that have 2 definitions for the same word, and they are "tute" and "'awlie".  Should those two have the two definitions combined together into a single definition?  I have included all of the duplicate entries below.

Duplicate: 'awlie | once (in the past) | adv.
Duplicate: 'awlie | once | adv.
Duplicate: tute | female (person) | n.
Duplicate: tute | person | n.
Duplicate: vawm | dark | adj.
Duplicate: vawm | dark | adj.

Taronyu

Thanks for noting those. Fixed vawm and 'awlie. However, tute is correct: those are two different words. The difference is in the stress in the IPA.

Seze

Tam, irayo.  It looks like will have to get creative now.  On the CSV side of equation, it is impossible to tell them apart, since there is no IPA included in the CSV file. 

Seze

Hey Tuiq,

Would it be possible to get the IPA included in the CSV file?

Irayo

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Seze on May 18, 2010, 04:04:50 PM
Hey Tuiq,

Would it be possible to get the IPA included in the CSV file?

Irayo

I want this too, since it would be nice to have a reliable source of phonetics for my app. I don't trust the vocabulary page (and think that it would be alot better if that too were integrated with EanaEltu).

Seze

I've also noticed that all the Proper nouns are missing from the CSV file as well.

Tuiq

Updates to Eana Eltu have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Brain is restarted. The major changes include:

• Fixed the whole compound nouns, including even more than before
  • seiyi is now seiyi and not seii. seii won't be recognized anymore. All this-way-irregular-forms should work now.
  • Added new hats

Ftiafpi

Payoang

Tuiq

Ftiafpi