Get yourself a @skxawng.lu email!

Started by Sіr. Ηaxalot, July 19, 2010, 11:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nìwopxsiyu

Same error  :(

EDIT: looking at the error console, this is what I found, tell me if this makes any sense.

(smtp.skxawng.lu : server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555)
The purpose of life is a life of a purpose.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: ThunderbirdSending of message failed.
The message could not be sent using SMTP server smtp.skxawng.lu for an unknown reason. Please verify that your SMTP server settings are correct and try again, or contact your network administrator.

it worked once in the past.

just tried to test send to someone else:

Quote from: ThunderbirdAn error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  5.7.1 <email address here>: Relay access denied. Please check the message recipient (email address here) and try again.

<by the way, Nyoung3, I just tried to send you a test mail, but did it from the incorrect account...srry bout that>

Jameso

This is good. I think I will try it. :)

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Nyoung3 on July 24, 2010, 10:02:20 AM
Same error  :(

EDIT: looking at the error console, this is what I found, tell me if this makes any sense.

(smtp.skxawng.lu : server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555)

It looks like the Connection Security setting you are using aren't supported by Postfix. Try with another setting or try unsecure on port 25, 587 or 2525.

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 24, 2010, 10:19:01 AM
Quote from: ThunderbirdSending of message failed.
The message could not be sent using SMTP server smtp.skxawng.lu for an unknown reason. Please verify that your SMTP server settings are correct and try again, or contact your network administrator.

it worked once in the past.

just tried to test send to someone else:

Quote from: ThunderbirdAn error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  5.7.1 <email address here>: Relay access denied. Please check the message recipient (email address here) and try again.

<by the way, Nyoung3, I just tried to send you a test mail, but did it from the incorrect account...srry bout that>

The Relay access denied error generally happens if you didn't sign on to the SMTP server.

Tirea Aean

got it workin...I think.

just deleted the account off of Thunderbird, added new account, and changed the usernames all to [email protected] even on smtp. i believe it was like that before, but idk what happened. i sent mail and it didnt give me an error. lets see what happens.

Nìwopxsiyu

Quote from thunderbird after putting 487 or 2525 as my port. :(

QuoteSending of message failed.
The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server smtp.skxawng.lu failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server settings are correct and try again, or contact the server administrator.

EDIT: I also tried what you did, and it didn't work for me :(

Tirea Aean

it didnt work for me apparently either...is SMTP still down??

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with SMTP. Secure SMTP seems to work fine (at least from Gmail), the other ones should work, but aren't.

Nìwopxsiyu

Now I'm getting

QuoteAn error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  5.7.1 <Your email here>: Relay access denied. Please check the message recipient (your email here) and try again.

And I am not getting an option to sign into the SMTP... ???

Irayo ma SirHaxalot :)

Tirea Aean

I'm trying to use TLS with Normal password. I tried different security...even no security...wouldnt work.

EDIT: I got it to the point where it does connect to SMTP but it times out.

Jameso

I with proud pronounce that my account is opened as:

[email protected]

Nìwopxsiyu

I've probably tried all the combinations by now :) and none of them are seeming to work, unless I use smtp.googlemail.com to send my messages and the use pop.skxawng.lu for incoming mail.

EDIT: I've gotten to the point where it doesn't time out, but just sits there...and does absolutely nothing.

Tirea Aean

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Tirea Aean

Quote from: SirHaxalot on July 24, 2010, 11:48:28 AM
It *should* work now

Whatever you did, it WORKS. irayo seiyi nìtxan.

Nìwopxsiyu

No errors now :) Irayo ma 'eylan

EDIT: and now the flood of emails from threads I subscribed to HRH  ;D

Jameso

I test it now and everything works perfectly.

Irayo, ma `eylan!

Txonari

Quote from: Txonari on July 24, 2010, 01:43:57 AM
Does this service allow SMTP relays?

I'm trying to send mail from my server, relayed through your SMTP server. I'm trying to do this so I can have all my email messages stored on my personal server, but keep the "skxawng.lu" address. (If that's even possible...)
SMTP relaying should work. Do you get any errors?

The SMTP server was returning an authentication error, but it seems to be working fine now.

However in "from" field on any messages sent from my server, it still shows my servers address. Is there anyway I can change this to "[email protected]" without faking headers? I had assumed relaying the messages through your SMTP servers (authenticated with "[email protected]") would change the headers to display that, instead of my servers mail address.

Thanks!
All I want is a single thing worth fighting for.

Kekerusey

I now have kekerusey at the domain skxawng.lu  ;D

Kaltxì ma 'eylan

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Nìwopxsiyu

QuoteConnection to mail.skxawng.lu was refused...
Don't tell me.. now the POP3 is down?