Get yourself a @skxawng.lu email!

Started by Sіr. Ηaxalot, July 19, 2010, 11:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Alright, this is another loan of my own topic for news on the skxawng.lu Imageboard.

I came up with a new idea, modify an existing forum system to save time, which gave me this after not much time at all:

http://sir.haxalot.com/random/skxawng_lu_alt_prototype.png

What do you think?

kaltxi Angtsik

Thanks dude, can't believe jake was still available ;)
Yawey ngahu!
Oe nerume fte pivlltxe nìNa'vi.
pamrel si ro [email protected]

'Oma Tirea

I see a forum: http://phpbb.skxawng.lu/

Nice new addition, Sir.  What's it about?  Anything in particular?

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Well, it's the evolution of the Imageboard project I've written about earlier. I decided too look into modding phpBB to save time (since I don't have time to write finish whole new system). What's there now is about 2 hors modding work, and the most important features are done.

The possible downside of this solution is that I feel like it might become just another Avatar forum, which also is harder to advertise since most fans already is registered somewhere, but I don't have anything better to do with it, so wth :)

MrGoodbytes

all registered.  [email protected].  by the way, I LOVE the fact that you used my username in the demo.  hahaha

Kxeyo

Quote from: MrGoodbytes on October 12, 2010, 10:16:39 AM
all registered.  [email protected].  by the way, I LOVE the fact that you used my username in the demo.  hahaha

It's always fun to see this posts of innocent users who don't know the [ you ] tag. ::)
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

hemmond

Quote from: Hawnuyu Kelutral on October 12, 2010, 10:18:35 AM
Quote from: MrGoodbytes on October 12, 2010, 10:16:39 AM

It's always fun to see this posts of innocent users who don't know the [ you ] tag. ::)

Yep. I Laughed too. :)
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

MrGoodbytes

ummm...  Wow i feel like a skxawng

Txepä Tsyal

Quote from: MrGoodbytes on October 12, 2010, 03:57:38 PM
ummm...  Wow i feel like a skxawng
Don't feel bad, it happens to everyone when they first see it.
New personal modo:

akiwiguy

It's down...
It's a bummer, I was waiting for my registration email from Autodesk, and some emails from mailing lists...

Vawm tsamsiyu

they killed the [you] tag

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Dovecot, the IMAP/POP server had some problems with the change to Winter time, which have caused the problems. It's up and running again.

Luckily, it seems like all mail received during the downtime is now delivered, I can't guarantee that though.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on November 02, 2010, 10:11:59 AM
Dovecot, the IMAP/POP server had some problems with the change to Winter time, which have caused the problems. It's up and running again.

Luckily, it seems like all mail received during the downtime is now delivered, I can't guarantee that though.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

tis indeed.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I am interested in creating a whole set of emails witha  different ending (the skxawng.lu part)  how do I creat an actual domain and how much is it?

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Tirea Aean

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Oh sorry :)

I'm not really sure to be honest.  I'm thinking about trying to set up a set of emails that would be like '[email protected]'  So I guess the first one?

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Well, first step is to find a registrar for the domain (btw, withpride.com is taken). I don't know much about the registrars in the U.S. so I can't help much on that.

Second step is the email hosting. As long as you doesn't need a lot of domains I recommend Google Apps for that, they give you up to 50 email accounts. There should be instructions on how to setup your domain when you have registered your Google Apps account.