Get yourself a @skxawng.lu email!

Started by Sіr. Ηaxalot, July 19, 2010, 11:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 28, 2012, 11:46:18 PM
Hey, is there any way to know what all of the Skxawng.lu subdomains are? I'm just curious what other cool websites are on there. I've stumbled upon navinames.skxawng.lu earlier today.
uniltiranyu.skxawng.lu/
navinames.skxawng.lu/
tirea.skxawng.lu/
mail.skxawng.lu/
oeyautral.skxawng.lu/
swokaikran.skxawng.lu/
rda.skxawng.lu/
akiwiguy.skxawng.lu
dev.skxawng.lu/

(The list is likely not 100% complete.)
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Irtaviš Ačankif

Quote from: Sіr. Ηaxalot on September 23, 2012, 06:07:47 AM
The service has been reopened as read only. You will be able to receive mails, but not send anything. At this moment I can not tell when or if sending email will be available again.

Quote from: Talis on September 20, 2012, 05:38:41 PM
By the way, what exactly happened? Some Acc send thousands of mails or what... well and a mail-server got a limit? and because this was reached the ISP quit the connection?

What happened was that the password to one of the user account was leaked, not from my service but probably due to that user having the same password across many sites. My server was then found and tested by a spam bot that managed to successfully log in with those credentials and fill up the mail queue with a metric s***-ton of email. This caused the first downtime of the server since the mail queue became overloaded, and later on the second, longer downtime due to the ISP blocking the connection.

If I'm ever going to bring back the possibility to send mail I'll need to make sure that my server has much stronger filtering options and the possibility to automatically shut down offending accounts. I will also most likely need an external mail gateway in the form of a rented VPS where I won't have to relay all mail trough a ISP mail server.

The risk of incidents like this was the reason why I talked about shutting the service down in the first place.
I have a VPS with direct connection to the internet without a filtering ISP. THe bandwidth limits are high and probably wont be exceeded.
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Irayo nìtxan, ma Sir Haxalot for keeping this service alive and running!

I would not be averse to the idea of making a financial contribution every now and then to keep this serive operational.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Swoka Ikran

Haxalot: Can you please check the server clock? I just checked it and it thinks that it is ~6:47PM on 11/14...if I adjusted for TZs correctly it should actually be ~1:47PM on 11/15.

Either way, Twitter isn't happy about the current time :( :
int(401) ["response"]=> string(61) "{"errors":[{"message":"Timestamp out of bounds","code":135}]}"

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on November 15, 2012, 06:48:00 AM
Haxalot: Can you please check the server clock? I just checked it and it thinks that it is ~6:47PM on 11/14...if I adjusted for TZs correctly it should actually be ~1:47PM on 11/15.

int(401) ["response"]=> string(61) "{"errors":[{"message":"Timestamp out of bounds","code":135}]}"

Yeah the server clock has been funky the past month or two. At first the issue was total clock freeze. Is that upon us again? :/

And my mai clients have been having rage fits about skxawng mail, unable to login.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 15, 2012, 06:50:38 AM
Quote from: Swoka Ikran on November 15, 2012, 06:48:00 AM

Yeah the server clock has been funky the past month or two. At first the issue was total clock freeze. Is that upon us again? :/.
The clock was running last I checked...its just inaccurate.

Swoka Ikran

The clock is still inaccurate. :(

Anyway, I fixed my twitter script so it no longer cares what time it is on the server. It now just asks Twitter what time it really is and signs requests accordingly, so they can't be more than a few seconds off from Twitter's server clock. :)

@TA: Your sigbar looks fixed.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I've been having issues getting to it lately.  I keep getting the 404 Not Found message

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Run'ai on January 11, 2013, 07:29:12 PM
I've been having issues getting to it lately.  I keep getting the 404 Not Found message

The service was discontinued. As far as I know. The web interface was deleted. Ah mail cannot be sent from SMTP, and no new accounts can me made.

hemmond

That's really bad... :/  No redirects?
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Tirea Aean

Nope. And not even the image upload service works anymore. I think as result of incomplete server migration.

I sure hope no one wholly relied on Skxawng mail as primary service... I sort of saw this coming from day one.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Tsmuktengan

This is too bad. I honestly would have donated for this one.

Tirea Aean

I wonder if Hax would consider selling skxawng.lu so that someone can reinstall the email system and import the database and filesystem by backup? I also miss the image upload service. And the dictionary searcher.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 16, 2013, 10:47:29 AM
I wonder if Hax would consider selling skxawng.lu so that someone can reinstall the email system and import the database and filesystem by backup? I also miss the image upload service. And the dictionary searcher.
The image host disappearing was surprising...I expected the email to go since it was announced after the spam fiasco a while back, but the image host??

Also, the new server has been disappointing for other reasons. GD is buggy again, the new login system is terribly slow, FTP times out a lot more often now, SSH sometimes gives bogus access denied errors, and ping is blocked.

I'd love to see the old server (or an identical clone) back.

Tsmuktengan

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on January 17, 2013, 08:30:56 AM
What is GD?
The image editing library in PHP. It's the component that makes my sigbars work...

My issue is that GD's font handling randomly develops quirks between versions for no obvious reason. I had an issue with the letter 'j' a while back, but he updated it for me. In the new server, all my fonts are .5pt larger making some stuff not line up. >:(

hawnuyuna'viyä

After a 3 year hiatus, I have come back to the LN forums for this purpose. (I really liked having a @skxawng.lu email.)

I have sent Hax a brief PM about this, to see if he is open to transferring the domain to somebody else. (I already have servers I could setup for this)
Though, given he was last seen on LN in January this year, I can't say whether he is likely to respond.
In the event, I don't get a response, I will try following up in RL instead.

I am primarily interested in getting the email forwarding/system back up, other items (webspace, image hosting etc.) would follow depending on usage/funding.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: hawnuyuna'viyä on February 05, 2013, 12:59:15 PM

After a 3 year hiatus, I have come back to the LN forums for this purpose. (I really liked having a @skxawng.lu email.)

I have sent Hax a brief PM about this, to see if he is open to transferring the domain to somebody else. (I already have servers I could setup for this)
Though, given he was last seen on LN in January this year, I can't say whether he is likely to respond.
In the event, I don't get a response, I will try following up in RL instead.

I am primarily interested in getting the email forwarding/system back up, other items (webspace, image hosting etc.) would follow depending on usage/funding.

I saw him last night on the Tree-Of-Souls IRC. He's a regular there. irc.geekshed.net:6667 #TreeOfSouls

You might have better luck contacting him there.

Swoka Ikran

Down again. :( Anyone got an idea what's up this time around? His old server was decent and reliable over its 2+ years; this new one has stunk pretty much since it was installed.

Also, any know where PHPMyAdmin is on the new server?

Quote from: hawnuyuna'viyä on February 05, 2013, 12:59:15 PM
other items (webspace, image hosting etc.) would follow depending on usage/funding.
That'd be a problem. At the very least, I'd need the DNS for my subdomain kept active so everyone's links to my sigbar projects don't break (although I can provide my own hosting if need be).