Get yourself a @skxawng.lu email!

Started by Sіr. Ηaxalot, July 19, 2010, 11:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesireatu

Kaltxì ma frapo!
Oel kameie ayngati! Irayo! Now it worked fine! Kìyevame ulte ayngahu
Varför minns jag alla dåliga vitsar, men glömmer alla infix i Na'vi?? ???
Why do I remember all bad jokes, but forget all the infixes in Na'vi?? :-[

Jag älskar dig, Sara L!!
Nga yawne lu oer, Sara L!!

Irtaviš Ačankif

Quote from: Il Sogno Viandante on June 18, 2013, 04:54:27 AM
Kaltxì ma frapo!
Oel kameie ayngati! Irayo! Now it worked fine! Kìyevame ulte ayngahu
(Aside: why do you always put Na'vi greetings around your message?)
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Mesireatu

Varför minns jag alla dåliga vitsar, men glömmer alla infix i Na'vi?? ???
Why do I remember all bad jokes, but forget all the infixes in Na'vi?? :-[

Jag älskar dig, Sara L!!
Nga yawne lu oer, Sara L!!

hawnuyuna'viyä

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 18, 2013, 12:33:50 AM
Biggest concern will be space...if this gets significant use I'll may need to find somewhere else to host it.

We can cross that problem when it occurs.

And what is the max mailbox size for these accounts?
FAQ says:

5. Any mails sent to my account are being rejected. Why?
Accounts are currently limited to 100MB (+10MB of 'trash'). Check that you haven't exceeded this

Also, is there a reason my account is not receiving any mail right now in any client (tried iPhone, T-bird, web)? I can see what's in my account, and can send fine, but I sent 2 test emails from Gmail, and 1 from my university account and didn't get any of them. :(

Hmm. I am not sure about that. There is nothing suspicious in the logs for mails to you. (Though I don't see many messages to your account mentioned being received by the mail server). Your account doesn't seem to be anywhere near hitting quota limits.
(I am not seeing any problems with receiving messages).

Irtaviš Ačankif

Quote from: Il Sogno Viandante on June 18, 2013, 06:30:12 AM
Just to be polite.. Do you mind?
Nah, not really, just that nobody else does that haha.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: hawnuyuna'viyä on June 18, 2013, 07:16:38 AM
Also, is there a reason my account is not receiving any mail right now in any client (tried iPhone, T-bird, web)? I can see what's in my account, and can send fine, but I sent 2 test emails from Gmail, and 1 from my university account and didn't get any of them. :(

Hmm. I am not sure about that. There is nothing suspicious in the logs for mails to you. (Though I don't see many messages to your account mentioned being received by the mail server). Your account doesn't seem to be anywhere near hitting quota limits.
(I am not seeing any problems with receiving messages).
Figured it out...when you imported everyone's settings a while back, you apparently imported my old forwarding configuration from the Haxalot days, which was forwarding all my mail to gmail. Gmail spam filters drop mail that's sent and forwarded back to itself...I turned off the forwarding and issue is gone. :)

As for the webmail software, here you go. When logging into these, DO NOT include the @skxawng.lu in the username.
* Webmail Link (for both clients)
* Direct link to RoundCube
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Swoka Ikran

I hate my registrar (DOT.TK)...they canceled the domain I aliased swokaikran.skxawng.lu to and redirected it to a "sponsored site" of their choosing. So far I've seen malware and pr0n...yuck. I'm asking them to figure out why (I suspect too much traffic), and am waiting to hear back.

My swokaikran.skxawng.lu domain is down entirely.

I may need to get the CNAME changed to something else in the near future...

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

hawnuyuna'viyä

Ma Swoka Ikran,

I have changed it to an A record to the IP originally given. Is that helpful?

Swoka Ikran

It appears to be working using the A record. :)

Irtaviš Ačankif

I recommend just using afraid.org and grab a .mooo.com domain there that you can freely do DNS on, even delegate to another server using NS records, all for freeeee. They never move your domain to a spammer and their DNS servers are fast and reliable.

Tsmuktengan

On my side, I would definitely recommend Gandi.net since it is very popular where I am, and absolutely reliable. Their "no bulls***" trademark is their true footprint.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Ithisa Kíranem on August 03, 2013, 08:16:14 AM
I recommend just using afraid.org and grab a .mooo.com domain there that you can freely do DNS on, even delegate to another server using NS records, all for freeeee. They never move your domain to a spammer and their DNS servers are fast and reliable.
Afraid.org has a rather silly requirement that the name server have entries for the domain before NS records can be set. My host requires the NS records be set before it can set up entries for the domain. Since each requires the other be done first, it's unsupported.

The lack of support for them gets mentioned on my host's support forum on occasion.

Irtaviš Ačankif

Hmm. I don't think afraid.org has that requirement. Just add a domain, point the NS at it. You can even point the NS at a nonexistent address or something - Afraid.org would complain but the DNS changes do apply on the servers and when you have your server setup the warning goes away.

Swoka Ikran

Huh. Everyone who's posted on my host's support board can't get it to work. The hosting uses cPanel, which complains that the nameservers are wrong and shows it being set to afraid.org's own NS servers.

I'll have to try it myself when I get the time. Probably Tuesday when I don't have work...

Irtaviš Ačankif

My host complains too and it uses cPanel. However, it works, it just complains loudly.

Also, how did you use dot TK in the first place? Doesn't dot tk require you to set your nameservers to ns1..4.dot.tk?

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Ithisa Kíranem on August 04, 2013, 09:03:49 AM
My host complains too and it uses cPanel. However, it works, it just complains loudly.
Mine complains loudly, then explicitly says I cannot add it until I change the name servers. It seems silly, but there's a valid reason for it (an admin was willing to tell me the details, and it makes sense).

It's worth noting though that my host (these guys) is free, so things are a bit tighter to prevent spammers, pr0n, warez, botnet CNC servers, and other abuse from showing up. We get everything under the sun, only real limitations are the 500MB disk space and the requirement that you have to log into cPanel once a month.

Palulukanä Tarontu

I just realized that I forgot the password to the mail service. Is there a chance to reset this?
old gallery link?id=1817[/img]

"When people are sitting on s*** you want, you make them your enemy. Then you're justified in taking it."
- Jake Sully
[email protected]

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

Has something happened to the server?

IMAP and HTTPS access isn't possible, though the server responds to pings.

archaic

I can only access it if I use a web proxy, with hide my ass it works perfectly. :D 8)

Except I've forgotten my password too. :'( >:(
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on April 03, 2014, 01:31:09 PM
Has something happened to the server?

IMAP and HTTPS access isn't possible, though the server responds to pings.
Did it ever support plain IMAP? I recall it requiring a secure connection, since I wrote a webmail client for it and asked about it. IMAPS is working fine. HTTPS is responding with an OCSP certificate status error for me, so that's probably a bad cert that needs to be fixed.

If anyone who knows their password can't check mail through your normal means: Try getting your mail through my webmail interface. It's working as of this post.