Get yourself a @skxawng.lu email!

Started by Sіr. Ηaxalot, July 19, 2010, 11:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sіr. Ηaxalot

UPDATE: Skxawng.lu mail is BACK online, thanks to hawnuyuna'viyä. Server details and registration details follow:

Quote from: hawnuyuna'viyä on March 08, 2013, 03:50:07 PM
RL caught up with me again.

Anyway, I managed to get a user/password list (don't worry, the passwords were hashed) from SirHaxalot and have now imported it into my mail server.

Anyone who did have an account (and can remember their password) can now try logging in and using the service again.
Anyone looking to register an account/recover their password will have to wait until I setup an interface for this.

Server details:
mail.skxawng.lu (You can also use any of imap.skxawng.lu, pop.skxawng.lu, smtp.skxawng.lu interchangeable if you prefer)
POP3 at port 995 (SSL secured)
IMAP at port 993 (SSL secured)
SMTP at port 587 (TLS secured)

Your username/userid includes the domain (e.g. @skxawng.lu, or @ke.skxawng.lu)
Your password is whatever you set it to. (Since MD5-CRYPTed I can't tell much about it). On successful login it will be automatically upgraded to SHA512-CRYPT for future proofing.

Spam-assassin will attempt to scan/mark your mails as they are received. (Current threshold 4.0)
Currently learning is turned off. (I will turn it on and configure it at some point in the future).

Currently there is one mail server (no two backup MX records and another on the way)
Currently there is no webmail interface (since there was too much personal preference involved to make it worth my time admin'ing it). If you want webmail use Gmail (there isn't a better interface), or use a desktop mail client.

Comments?
HN

PS. Donations towards running costs are always accepted, PM me for details.

Quote from: hawnuyuna'viyä on May 22, 2013, 04:09:27 PM
Finally got a site up with user registration and configuration.

Check it out at https://mail.skxawng.lu.

It could do with being prettified, and being pen-tested, but seems to work ok. (Anybody got some rails pen-testing experience?)

@mods: Probably time to get the first post updated with some useful information now.

HN

Swoka Ikran

Just grabbed [email protected] - fastest registration system ever for an email account. No info beyond UN and pass required.

Any chance you could point skxawng.lu to the webmail client? I had to bookmark it.

Also, maybe add an option for forwarding? I use gmail as my primary email client.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tsamsiyu92

I wrote the password twice in the registration, it has an "ä" in it. I have also mistyped a password twice before, so can you send it to me or reset it?

Send me the pass by PM or email (see sig)
username: [email protected]

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on July 19, 2010, 12:18:31 PM
Just grabbed [email protected] - fastest registration system ever for an email account. No info beyond UN and pass required.

Any chance you could point skxawng.lu to the webmail client? I had to bookmark it.

Also, maybe add an option for forwarding? I use gmail as my primary email client.

I figured that I don't have any use of stuff like country and your name :) The only thing I need to know is that you're not a spambot, which is effectively solved with StopForumSpam and reCaptcha.

As for the forwarding, I'll add it if I get it to work.
And I could create a redirect on webmail.skxawng.lu.

Payoang

Tsamsiyu92

Got this up and running on my hotmail.

Quote from: Payoang on July 19, 2010, 01:31:28 PM
Neat! Except ...

LOGIN FAILED

:(
Did you use the letters ìÌäÄ in your password?

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Neat! Except ...

<div id="message" style=display:block;left:200px;opacity:0.85;"><div class="warning" style="background:url('https://kelutrel.haxalot.com/webmail/skins/default/images/display/icons.png') no-repeat scroll 6px -97px #EF9398;
border:1px solid #DC5757;margin:0 auto;
min-height:22px;
padding:8px 10px 8px 46px;
width:400px;">Login failed</div></div>

Did you use any special characters in your password? Maybe my fix wasn't enough..

Nanaki

This is awesome !! Irayo irayo irayo ;D

Really good idea ! :)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Kyle Kepone

Oe lu 'eylan lì'fyayä leNa'vi

My Blog, including Na'vi lessons: http://dissentculture.wordpress.com

Kemaweyan

Neat! Except ...

<div id="message" style=display:block;left:200px;opacity:0.85;"><div class="warning" style="background:url('https://kelutrel.haxalot.com/webmail/skins/default/images/display/icons.png') no-repeat scroll 6px -97px #EF9398;
border:1px solid #DC5757;margin:0 auto;
min-height:22px;
padding:8px 10px 8px 46px;
width:400px;">Login failed</div></div>

You should type login as "tstxo@skxawng.lu", not just "tstxo" ;)

Mine is [email protected] ;D
Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

Kxeyo

Okay, 3 quick questions:

1. What's up with that @ke.skxawng.lu?
2. Peu lu fì'u: POP3/IMAP: mail1.haxalot.com?
3. What do you mean with "Your username is the complete email you entered"?
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Taronyu

Kemaweyan

Quote from: Hawnuyu Kelutral on July 19, 2010, 02:08:40 PM

This is the server for mail clients like Outlook or The Bat!

My username for login form is "[email protected]", not "kemaweyan".

Tsamsiyu92

Kxeyo

Quote from: Kemaweyan on July 19, 2010, 02:15:05 PM

This is the server for mail clients like Outlook or The Bat!

My username for login form is "[email protected]", not "kemaweyan".

Tslolam! Irayo! :)
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I broke something while implementing the system. A few account doesn't have any password hashes at all now = login impossible!

I will remove those accounts when this is fixed. Please don't try to create new accounts until I have confirmed this as working.

Tsamsiyu92

I can log on with your webmail thing still ([email protected]), but I can recieve with my hotmail client anymore, which I could minutes ago.

EDIT: Works now  ;D

Kemaweyan

My account works now :) So can I redirect this address to my other mailbox (on gmail)? I like this address, but prefer to use gmail :)

Tsamsiyu92

Quote from: Kemaweyan on July 19, 2010, 02:31:50 PM
My account works now :) So can I redirect this address to my other mailbox (on gmail)? I like this address, but prefer to use gmail :)
I think gmail supports it, it is at least possible in hotmail (Windows Live Mail now).

Sіr. Ηaxalot

The encryption system should be okay now. The problem was that I used a native function in PHP that generated correct hashes almost every time. I deleted the accounts that hadn't any password hashes at all.

If you want to use Gmail, you can specify additional accounts to fetch mail from on the settings -> accounts page.
Specify mail1.haxalot.com as Mail server, your mail as username and your password as password