GiawaBot IRC Bot - QuizBot

Started by Giawa, February 04, 2010, 02:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giawa

Kaltxì frapo,

I've been toying around in the IRC channel with a bot (named GiawaBot for lack of a better name).  GiawaBot is a testbench of an IRC framework I wrote over the past day or two.  He can load Na'vi/English word lists and then quiz users on the English->Na'vi translations.  At the moment only simple commands exist, but I hope to make it so that multiple users can enter a channel with GiawaBot and have a competition to translate English words to Na'vi.  Perhaps GiawaBot will award points for correct answers (based on time?).

For now, GiawaBot is hanging out in the Na'vi channel, and will only response to private messages.  You can ask GiawaBot for a word by sending "next".  You can ask for a word from a specific category by sending "next CATEGORY".  I'll keep the list of categories that I've created up to date on this topic.  You can also type "giveup" if you'd like GiawaBot to give you the translation.

I created this bot to help me learn some Na'vi while I'm away from my desktop computer.  So, hopefully you can all have some fun with it too!  If anyone is interested in the IRC framework I am using, I'll be open-sourcing it shortly.  It's written in C#, and will compile in .NET 2.0 as well as the mono runtime.

Current categories are:
body - body parts
weapon - things that have to do with weapons, war and oppression

PM me if you have any questions, or send me a message in IRC.  Eywa ngahu,

Giawa