Good idea?

Started by Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem, April 10, 2017, 02:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem

So, if you have ever played Gmod/Garry's Mod, you should be familiar with the fact, that it has a large Roleplay community. From things such as; DarkRP (Realiferoleplay) and Millitary RP to Star Wars RP and Auschwitz RP (yes that's a thing).

Now, I have an idea. I have been wanting more Avatar game related stuff, especially after the news of the upcoming open world game in 2018. So I have an idea. Avatar RP. Cringey, I know. But it'd be fun. You can choose to be RDA, Na'vi or part of the Avatar program. Donations will be for things like, your own Clan, or high ranks within a clan or the RDA. That kind of stuff.

However, there's one big problem. Practically everything. There is no proper map, there are no models, and stuff like that. So before I decide on hiring map makers, and model makers, I just need some people to tell me whether it's a good or not. Thanks for reading I guess and please leave your responses below!

Tirea Aean

We have pretty sick RPs (still! :0) going on in OpenSim and Second Life ;) Those have gotten Very impressive over the years.

Although making a new RP sim sounds interesting given what different tools might be available in GM.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

BlueHusky2154

I'm currently working on ripping models from the Avatar game on PC. Maybe I can contribute by sending the files?
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem

That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem on April 11, 2017, 02:43:12 AM
That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
It will take several days but I can get them ripped. The final .zip file will be several gigabytes in size, due to the sheer amount of content.
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Aka`ula

Idea of such a thing has crossed my mind as well  ;)! Although if it were to happen, the main users of such an RP would be LN members moreso, and Hopefully no minges that gun everyone down in an RDM spree. Forcing people to mic chat more also is good, might also help with pronouncing strings of Na'vi better if that is RP'd by someone.

If you see it as a possibility right now to begin on, I think it sounds like a nice idea! I just don't know how many here have Garry's Mod. I think I would update gmod to play if it came out!

Yep the most challenging part is all the custom content, setting up the server itself isn't too hard, just time consuming.

Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem

Quote from: Tirea Aean on April 10, 2017, 02:37:36 PM
We have pretty sick RPs (still! :0) going on in OpenSim and Second Life ;) Those have gotten Very impressive over the years.

Although making a new RP sim sounds interesting given what different tools might be available in GM.

Is there anyway you can tell me how to access these Roleplay "servers"? I am subside whether it's a server or not.

I saw on Second Life a Pandora video. Just unsure how to get to it on both of them.

Could you possibly help?

Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem

I am also wondering on how to get the Na'vi skin/outfit

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I didn't know Second Life was even still around. I'm just afraid that if I got involved, I'd spend all my time there, or in some other sim.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on April 11, 2017, 04:42:21 PM
I didn't know Second Life was even still around. I'm just afraid that if I got involved, I'd spend all my time there, or in some other sim.

Could you possibly help me in the appearance if you played it in the past? I don't know how to get the skin and outfits.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem on April 11, 2017, 05:23:18 PM

Could you possibly help me in the appearance if you played it in the past? I don't know how to get the skin and outfits.

You may wish to talk to Ikxeru or 'eveng te atan.  They are doing the Open Sim. It's pretty awesome. I can't remember if there is a forum thread here for it or not. It could even be in the German forums. You might find those two people on Facebook. I wish I had better internet and a laptop so I could fetch you links..

And when I was on SL, I just browsed around until I found a good sim and asked around about skins. Someone gave me a nice one.

Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem

I managed to go to a place which gave out free Navi stuff so I got the body and skin and vice Verca. Then, I edited it slightly to make it "unique".

Thanks for your help and I'll be thinking more about Gmod RP!