Identification

Started by Mako, December 28, 2010, 10:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Okay, so this something I thought earlier today while in REI.

Quote from: Reyona te Tsateka Ray'i'itanWhat if we could get everyone on LearnNavi to wear some kind of identification that only we knew so that we could recognize each other in public?

Now of course, I know that this is of course a long shot, but it would be cool. We could find some sort of Avatar related identification, that would allow us to recognize each other. So, as always, this project begins with brainstorming. Ideas, ideas, ideas! I'm curious to see what everyone thinks. So here goes!

Tirea Aean

Interesting idea...

like for those who have no LN merch or are not comfortable to wear something obvious in public that would get ridicule

;D

Mako

I'm known for the crazy ones ;D

Eanikran

Quote from: Reyona te Tsateka Ray'i'itan on December 28, 2010, 10:28:51 PM
Okay, so this something I thought earlier today while in REI.

Quote from: Reyona te Tsateka Ray'i'itanWhat if we could get everyone on LearnNavi to wear some kind of identification that only we knew so that we could recognize each other in public?

Now of course, I know that this is of course a long shot, but it would be cool. We could find some sort of Avatar related identification, that would allow us to recognize each other. So, as always, this project begins with brainstorming. Ideas, ideas, ideas! I'm curious to see what everyone thinks. So here goes!
This is a cool idea :D although there aren't too many of us around where I live :(
I'll still do it though :D

It'd probably have to be something other than like a shirt, because you wouldn't wear a single shirt every single day. ;D
I was thinking something like those rubber wrist bands you see people wearing. there's a thread on here about making LN ones somewhere around here, too lazy to go get a link though ;D

guest2859

Did someone say 'Ikran Makto' headgear? Oh, wait...

Figuring I know I'm about the only member within a 3 hour radius, wouldn't exactly work for me, but I still support the idea.

Mako

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on December 28, 2010, 10:34:24 PM
Did someone say 'Ikran Makto' headgear? Oh, wait...

Figuring I know I'm about the only member within a 3 hour radius, wouldn't exactly work for me, but I still support the idea.

Yeah, this is true. But what about if you travel one day? You could be walking down the street and see someone with their id and be like "Kaltxì!" and they'd be like "Kaltxì!" and you'd have a right old time.

guest2859

All I know is I make occasional trips to Amarillo and Markì goes through Amarillo like twice a year, but other than that I really haven't had much interaction with other members.

Tirea Aean

yeah the shortage of people around that are a part of LN would probably make this difficult. but then again make us see members that we may not have known about. ;D

I vote WarPaint.

nah really the wristband thing sounds good. OH i do believe the thread youre talkin about may have been for the comic con last year?

Eanikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 28, 2010, 10:38:31 PM
yeah the shortage of people around that are a part of LN would probably make this difficult. but then again make us see members that we may not have known about. ;D

I vote WarPaint.

nah really the wristband thing sounds good. OH i do believe the thread youre talkin about may have been for the comic con last year?
lol sran, there was a necropost on it a day or two ago ;D

guest2859

Hm... I like the wristband idea, on a sort of down side for warpaint (ocd/clean here), and all the way for the (Ikran/Toruk) Makto gear.

Mako

Comeon, we can do better than wristbands ;)

Eanikran

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on December 28, 2010, 10:42:44 PM
Hm... I like the wristband idea, on a sort of down side for warpaint (ocd/clean here), and all the way for the (Ikran/Toruk) Makto gear.
The goggles Neytiri used, kefyak?

guest2859

This one.

Eanikran

ohhhh okay. that'd be badass! :D

would we do a 'make your own' kinda thing? cause it would probably be kinda tough for one person to make them for everyone and ship them out

Mako

That would be sooo tough to make :o

guest2859

I know how to do a 1/4" width "4444" weave. It's simple in theory but almost impossible to do when you don't have something to way down one end.

Eanikran

theres gotta be something easier to make and/or distribute

guest2859

(Well, start sendin' me money) /no

Um... the Na'vi tail thing?

Mako

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on December 28, 2010, 10:52:08 PM
(Well, start sendin' me money) /no

Um... the Na'vi tail thing?

The queue or the kxetse?

Ekirä

Quote from: Reyona te Tsateka Ray'i'itan on December 28, 2010, 10:49:51 PM
That would be sooo tough to make :o

HRH I'm making one of those right now, like Neytiri's not woven like Jake or Tsu'tey's. :D But they are difficult. ;)