jMemorize - Flash Cards for Your Computer

Started by Tirealì'u, December 21, 2009, 10:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numeyu

Irayo!  This is exactly what I've been wanting to practice with!  Now I won't need to write out 476 individual note cards.
Kaltxì frapo!  Oel Na'viti nerumeie.  Oeyä Na'vi kesìltsan längu slä fratrr fteria.

Zalorticus

I downloaded this at school so I could learn on my off time. Now, I shall download it at home.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Ptxèrra

i can only guess what they say to me at school, it would look something like: get a life you moron (i might translate that for them)
would be fun. :P

for the first time i feel geek myself  ;D
Oel ayngati kameie i was there

remember power corrups, absolute power..... is a whole lot of fun.
Sheepies: They just eat grass until something kills them,  it might as well be you!!

Beduino

OH - MY - GOD! CHANDLER BING! naah, just kidding..

OH - MY - GOD! This thing is amazing! Had never heard about it, and just figure out how to make cards and a practice, so I should be fine, dunno what the program is capable of, but, I'll figure it out ^^

Irayo tsmuk!
tsun ngal tslam fì'uti srak?

Taruia

This is so awesome! My first try with giving myself 20 minutes of test time, I got 21 words. I am pleased with that considering I started learning the language today. I might not get all the grammar yet, but I'm gonna be a vocab queen!

Motxokxen

never knew such a program existed, makes learning all the vocab easy. might also use this for Japanese.

Nìtxan irayo

Eyamsiyu

Heck, I'm using this for practically every class I have next semester where there is vocabulary involved.  No question about it.

However, I have to wonder how this would work with math...

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

pixel

As an alternative, Anki is a pretty neat program. http://ichi2.net/anki/
It's available for Windows, Mac, & some of the major Linux distros (or compile it!) as well as the ability to upload your decks and use them from other computers or any device that can access the internet.  (I used them yesterday at work on my Blackberry Storm and it worked very nicely.)

Anki uses flashcards in a spaced repetition system that is designed to help you learn faster by scheduling your flashcards based on how comfortable you are with it.

I will say I was a little overwhelmed at first but I've been very pleased once I got comfortable with the software.  I was able to import the tab separated file people are using for jMemorize and I believe I can share decks using the online utilities if anyone is interested.
PandoraMUSH is looking for Staffers! Check us out @ pandoramush.net
skype: thecatwasnot (Pixel)  |  irc: pixel (irc.learnnavi.org:6667)

OfPandora

I downloaded Anki and I tried importing the navi.tsv and na'vilessons.jml but Anki responds with "The file was not in UTF8 format" for each incident.
Help  :'(

EDIT:
Never mind. Using a word-program I was able to re-format the file to the correct format and now it works.  ;D
"Why do you get so excited before you sleep?"

"Because it is only in such state that I have access to Pandora."

Tsway'eion

has anyone done any other flash cards?

I think having some for

Grammar/Syntax

Pronunciation/Phonetics

Prefixes, Infixes and Suffixes

would help a ton, all i see now though, is the Vocab.

Txen-a Unilyu

Wow, this is really awesome. It'll be great for Na'vi and school stuff! Thank you so much for posting this!

pixel

Quote from: Hysvear on December 29, 2009, 02:01:40 AM

I think having some for

Pronunciation/Phonetics

Kaltxì ma Hysvear

I have a shareable anki deck for letters/pronunciation, and I might be able to export it in a way that jMemorize can use.  Let me know what you're using and I will see what I can do.

For Anki users go: http://ichi2.net/anki/wiki/DeckProperties#Synchronization
Enter the key: e94cf925dac4dc62

Beduino

Quote from: pixel on December 29, 2009, 08:10:34 AM
Quote from: Hysvear on December 29, 2009, 02:01:40 AM

I think having some for

Pronunciation/Phonetics

Kaltxì ma Hysvear

I have a shareable anki deck for letters/pronunciation, and I might be able to export it in a way that jMemorize can use.  Let me know what you're using and I will see what I can do.

For Anki users go: http://ichi2.net/anki/wiki/DeckProperties#Synchronization
Enter the key: e94cf925dac4dc62

Hey thx. I'm using anki also. I got a deck with 106 basic words, just for a start ^^
But anki and jmemorize don't export files in a compatible type for both :/
u can do that only if you have some program that can change the file type

pixel

Quote from: Beduino on December 29, 2009, 09:10:46 AM

Hey thx. I'm using anki also. I got a deck with 106 basic words, just for a start ^^
But anki and jmemorize don't export files in a compatible type for both :/
u can do that only if you have some program that can change the file type

kaltxì ma beduino :)
I'd love to see your basic word deck, if you'd be willing to upload & share :D
I did try to export the anki cards in a tab seperated txt file but I don't think that jMemorize can read it with all the xhtml in it :/  Too bad.
I'm attaching the file anyway, if someone wants to try.
irayo

Tsway'eion

jMemorize won't read the basic text file, but i think i can create the cards manually.

Beduino

Here it is. As I said, it has just some basic words that I was wrking around, just as a start. Pronouns, nouns, some verbs. BUT, just as an advise, I put Na'vi translations in english and portuguese  ;D

so maybe this can be a bit confuse for you, it's really mixed hahahaha
but, if you wanna take a look :P

Tsway'eion

Here are some flash cards for jMemorize that deal with Pronounciation and the individual letters, although for this to be even more useful, some example words in Na'vi should be added.
Enjoy.

pixel

Quote from: Beduino on December 29, 2009, 01:44:36 PM
Here it is. As I said, it has just some basic words that I was wrking around, just as a start. Pronouns, nouns, some verbs. BUT, just as an advise, I put navi traaslations in english and portuguese  ;D

so maybe this can be a bit confuse for you, it's really mixed hahahaha
but, if you wanna take a look :P
irayo ma Beduino!

I like it better when it's all mixed up ;)

NOTE: For anyone doing an import, if you don't want what you're importing to go on the current deck, you have to create a new one, THEN import. (Learned the hard way XD)

Maybe we should create a new post for anki users...

Beduino

Quote from: pixel on December 29, 2009, 05:10:13 PM
NOTE: For anyone doing an import, if you don't want what you're importing to go on the current deck, you have to create a new one, THEN import. (Learned the hard way XD)

Maybe we should create a new post for anki users...

I DID learn it in the hard way, but had exported the file I uploaded here ;) so was easy to have my deck back hahaha

and well, like you sugested, I did the topic for Anki users :)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Tirealì'u on December 21, 2009, 03:33:46 PM
As the Emporer has forseen. *nod*

Bwahahahahahaha!  ;D

(Thanks for a much-need belly laugh!)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)