Dictionary Desktop Search App (Windows, Linux, OS X)( + online version!)

Started by Sіr. Ηaxalot, January 13, 2010, 11:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesome?!

Yes
14 (73.7%)
Yes
4 (21.1%)
No
0 (0%)
D:
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

hemmond

I agree. Maybe during holidays I'll be able to make CZ languuage-pack. :)
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

The language packs will be based on Tuiqs system, so if you are interested in translating, it's him you should talk with :)

Rain

Issue: My computer keeps having an allergic reaction to the application and removing the file from my computer. It says it's an unsafe file. Is there any way to bypass this or get my computer to accept it? Also, is it possible to attach something to the files that says it's safe.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Rain

Quote from: Rain on June 07, 2010, 11:21:16 AM
Issue: My computer keeps having an allergic reaction to the application and removing the file from my computer. It says it's an unsafe file. Is there any way to bypass this or get my computer to accept it? Also, is it possible to attach something to the files that says it's safe.

Nvm. I fixed it. Now to start learning how to use it...

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Tuiq

Quote from: SirHaxalot on June 07, 2010, 05:02:24 AM
The language packs will be based on Tuiqs system, so if you are interested in translating, it's him you should talk with :)

That's... pretty new to me. What kind of language pack are we talking about? Database or UI?
Eana Eltu: PDF/TSV/jMemorize

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Tuiq on June 07, 2010, 12:06:08 PM
Quote from: SirHaxalot on June 07, 2010, 05:02:24 AM

That's... pretty new to me. What kind of language pack are we talking about? Database or UI?

I'm talking about the translations in the database, i.e. the content of the localizedWords table.

hemmond

I'm making .csv file for Jmemorizer, so if you'll be able to convert it to your file, it'll save a lot of work. :)

Tuiq

It won't be convertable and you're wasting your time.
Eana Eltu: PDF/TSV/jMemorize

hemmond

I'll make that csv file, because I need it for JMemorizer, so if you can't convert it, then I'll have to make translations in other format. send me parameters of the format that you'll be able to convert and I'll begin with translations (or send me EN packace and give me instructions, how to translate :) )

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I'm not following, but if you want me to send files, I cannot do that.

The update backend fully relies on EanaEltu and cannot take in data from multiple sources.

If you wan't to translate for EanaEltu, you should PM Tuiq and ask for access.

And just FYI, EanaEltu is also exporting jMemorize csvs.

Talis

Hey, I used the Window-version and (I hope you didn't say something like "this is not build in yet" ::) ) it didn't accept <am>-infix. I tested this in "fpe' ", "takuk" , "lonu".
<iv> is missing, too.
And <ay> is accepted but not in "takuk", why that?

Otherwise, nice program, thanks :)

Sіr. Ηaxalot

That's not built in yet.. j/k

You are right, those infixes aren't in the database yet. As for the ay infix in takuk, that's a bug in the search algorithm, which I'll probably change until the next release. Now that I have some nice data of where infixes are supposed to be in all the words :)

btw, Is there some handy list of all infixes and what they mean somewhere?

Plumps

Quote from: SirHaxalot on June 08, 2010, 10:51:37 AMbtw, Is there some handy list of all infixes and what they mean somewhere?

Taronyu's Dictionary, appendix D ;)

Otherwise, I compiled a document about infix positions, all (known) infixes but up until now it's only in German – if there's an interest in this, I could translate it...

Kekerusey

This utility is awesome ... it's up there with Taronyu's dictionary and Tree Of Voices!!!

Irayo ma tsmukan

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kekerusey on June 16, 2010, 04:20:19 AM
This utility is awesome ... it's up there with Taronyu's dictionary and Tree Of Voices!!!

Irayo ma tsmukan

Keke

hrh. it IS taronyu's dictionary...in a new body that is easier and quicker to search. I have it on my computers and like it. I find that I use Seze's iPhone app a lot as well. its basically a dictionary that is searchable, but it doesnt carry out searches WHILE you are typing(a feature that lags a little bit for me on this program.)

Rain

Just keep making this thing work as great as it does.

I wonder, is there work going on that would allow me to type in a word like "tolaron" and get "hunted" and vice versa? Or would that be cheating/way too much work for people who have real lives unlike me?

Also, I'd like to be able to search "past imperfective tense" and such. Tenses are KILLING me. Just suggestions! Take them with a grain of salt! I love the program as it is anyways, it's so fast!

Kekerusey

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 16, 2010, 12:49:04 PMhrh. it IS taronyu's dictionary...in a new body that is easier and quicker to search. I have it on my computers and like it. I find that I use Seze's iPhone app a lot as well. its basically a dictionary that is searchable, but it doesnt carry out searches WHILE you are typing(a feature that lags a little bit for me on this program.)

Yes ... I supppose I am giving some credit where it isn't due but the utility is very cool.

I assume the app that does that is only iPhone? If so I'm never likely to have it ... not much of an Apple fan I'm afraid :)

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Sіr. Ηaxalot

The Apps are available for all major platforms. This app for Widnows, OS X and Linux, and there is apps under development for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.

Taronyu

Tìmuiäyä'itan

Great work, wow! But I guess there a some little bugs:

Is it supposed to recognise case suffixes? Doesn't for me. Each time I enter the final -ä or -yä the program runs ot of possible words...
Same for Ergative. And when I enter words, the program keeps listing stuff that wouldn't match, too, like I eneter ye, going for yerik and it gives me (among others) -yu suffix... (update problem?)

And whenever something like a verbal infix could be there, it shows them up. Like I enter rol and it tells me about ro- adposition...

But generally a fine program, and a great idea to do such a thing (been ctrl-f-ing taronyu's dictionary, and that can be a pain in the ass if you look for something like "as"...)

Hope I could help to find some bugs. ;) Ah, my system is Mac Os 10.5.8

Kìyevame!
srungìri ftära tsyokxìl ngeyä
ke ivomum futa pesuru
lu srung skiena tsyokxta ngeyä
ulte Jesus a nerìn ayfo pamlltxe
san sutehu lu keltsun
slä Yawähu frakem tsunslu sìk.