Dictionary Desktop Search App (Windows, Linux, OS X)( + online version!)

Started by Sіr. Ηaxalot, January 13, 2010, 11:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesome?!

Yes
14 (73.7%)
Yes
4 (21.1%)
No
0 (0%)
D:
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Tsamsiyu92

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 28, 2010, 05:39:15 PM
Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on July 28, 2010, 05:29:59 AM
Option for font size, please?

Oeyä nari tse'ânga ke nìltsan

glasses/contacts? hehe I see nothing wrong with font...it is of rather decent size given the size of the program window. although the option would still be cool. Also, option to change window size would be great...I dont like horizontal scroll bars very much. Still no real complaints that have to do with its actual usefulness(imo)

Sorry for not telling more, I have 10% vision, which is far from blind and I can move around with little difficulty, only hard to read and I will never be able*cough*allowed to drive a car. It's just the small text and details that are hard to see.

I use contacts with +12/+13 (L/R) and the text on that program is really small in my opinion, I can read it barely with my face almost on the screen, A option to change text size is all I ask for and it will be greatly appriciated.

Tirea Aean

agreed, that option would be cool...OH

and if i already said this, I apologize, but Aylì'uä fwewyu has ceased to work on my vista machine...

i might try reinstalling...

EDIT: Reinstallation fixed problem. all is well.

C'tri Atan'itan

Unil'ite: Keye'ung! \0/
Oe: FÌTSENG LU PANDORAAAAAA

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

C'tri Atan'itan

Sorry to bump/necro the topic, but I have a legit feature request.

The app I have isn't automatically updating: many of the words in the dictionary that I can view on the PDF, or query directly, are not in the app.
Would it be possible to have a manual "check for updates" button? Or at least a "Dictionary Version No." somewhere on the screen?
Unil'ite: Keye'ung! \0/
Oe: FÌTSENG LU PANDORAAAAAA

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tuiq

I don't think the version number is anywhere but in the PDF.
Eana Eltu: PDF/TSV/jMemorize

Sіr. Ηaxalot

autmatic updating exists, but it could be broke. I'll look at that later.

I looked into that, it it should be fixed now. Try deleting or renaming the words.xml file if it still doesn't work.

Tirea Aean

Sіr. Ηaxalot

hemmond

Under Kubuntu (Lucid Lynx - LTS) automatic update isn't working at all. And search app isn't searching in that old XML file. Can anybody help?
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

I've just seen and downloaded it, and it's totally amazing :D Great job.

Herwìna

Siyevop nga nìzawnong ayukmì, vaykrr oengeyä mefya'o ultxaräpun fìtsap nìmun.

Oe zawng
nga zawng
nìwotx awnga zawng
fte oeti zeykivawng

Ngal yamom fì'ut srak?!

Le'eylan

So.. Mine died a long time ago, so I reinstalled it, it happened again last week and it worked for the following two days or so, but now it's dead again....... WHYYYYYY  :'( I love it I need it
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Died as in doesn't list any results anymore? I looked around on the server-side and well.. it generated some fishy data to the autoupdating system that I fixed, so hopefully it should work now.

Le'eylan

Yeah, it doesn't show any results.. I'll try again then   :)
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I'll do a major patch in the summer and with that I'll probably release the sourcecode. I have to look into what license to use though.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I am proud to announce that I now have an online version of this tool located at http://oe.skxawng.lu/ . This new online version will always be up to date with the latest dictionary, it supports multipile languages, and will work on almost any operating system or device!

Plumps

omängum fra'uti

I'd really love to see a version of this as a Chrome extension with a small popup window.  I've been using a chromeos laptop a lot, and popup windows can show over any tab, so I wouldn't have to keep switching between the dictionary tab and the windows I'm working in when I need to look something up.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Le'eylan

Mine still doesn't work.. I've given up on it :/ I've reinstalled and tried but it still doesn't seem to work.

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on April 26, 2011, 05:42:27 PM
I'd really love to see a version of this as a Chrome extension with a small popup window.  I've been using a chromeos laptop a lot, and popup windows can show over any tab, so I wouldn't have to keep switching between the dictionary tab and the windows I'm working in when I need to look something up.
This would be awesome!

=^● ⋏ ●^=