Dictionary Desktop Search App (Windows, Linux, OS X)( + online version!)

Started by Sіr. Ηaxalot, January 13, 2010, 11:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesome?!

Yes
14 (73.7%)
Yes
4 (21.1%)
No
0 (0%)
D:
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Kxeyo

Oh, uhm...mine doesn't work either. But I shouldn't bother, I'll get a new computer during the next days. And may I suggest oe.skxawng.lu in the meantime? ::)
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Yes, oe.skxawng.lu is working, but I'm still not sure why the desktop application doesn't work anymore. However, the hardest week schoolwork wise is over now so I should find time too look at it, recreate the lost sourcecode and release an update.

An browser extensions sounds like a great idea! Unfortunately I have no experience whatsoever with extension development, but I'll see what I can do. :)

guest2859

I created a quick dictionary-type layout in VisualBasic.Net one day, but I didn't have enough coding experience to actually code it. Perhaps you would like to look at it? The actual dictionary layout design kind of throws me off.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Nargacuga on May 06, 2011, 11:08:37 AM
I created a quick dictionary-type layout in VisualBasic.Net one day, but I didn't have enough coding experience to actually code it. Perhaps you would like to look at it? The actual dictionary layout design kind of throws me off.

You mean as a browser extension?

guest2859

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I was planning on trying to get this announced on the TA returns stream, but that didn't exactly go as planned, but here it is anyway:

http://oe.skxawng.lu/chrome/

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on May 21, 2011, 12:19:47 PM
I was planning on trying to get this announced on the TA returns stream, but that didn't exactly go as planned, but here it is anyway:

I wound up announcing that on the second round. I got your message too late. I'm about to test the chrome extension.

EDIT: okay so it's installed correctly, I click the button and a little pop up comes up, nice, but nothing happens when I type in the box. return key does nothing as well.

DOUBLE EDIT: http://oe.skxawng.lu indeed still does work, however.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Okay, I found the bug and an update is on it's way out. Until that, changing languages will solve the problem.

Tsmuktengan

Kaltxì,

I am posting here because I wanted to run your Linux binary, but it seems that the program does not work : typing a word doesn't give any result and clicking inside the "On the top" box only reloads the application without any change.

I am using Mageia 1 with KDE 4.6 and Qt 4.7. Apparently this runs fine on TireaAean's Ubuntu that also uses Qt 4.7.
* Tsmuktengan frustrated.

Tirea Aean

Just stoppin by here to say I just downloaded the same exact linux binary as Tsmuktengan and it works wonderfully for me. Ubuntu 11.10 QT 4.7 (whatever was installed by default)

Neytiri Na'Vi

Tsmukan, Windows Link Ke working...

Quote from: Sіr. Ηaxalot on January 13, 2010, 11:51:31 AM
Kaltxì!

I have completely rewritten the program to be able to natively port it to all platforms. Much of the program is the same, except from a major design difference. This new version also display which prefixes, adpositions and infixes it find in the word.

My plan was to release a pretty much final version yesterday, but seeing how poor performance is at older computers, I decided to delay it a bit further. Hopefully RC2 will be available in the end of this weekend.
Stay tuned!

Features:

• Simple detection of prefixes, ad-positions, suffixes and infixes.
  • Compensates for special chars (ä, ì).
  • Automatic updating of wordlist. (Based on CSV files SQL exports from EanaEltu (Creds to Tuiq and Taronyu!))
  • Multi platform

Screenshot:

Current version: RC2

New features:

• Automatic updating!
  • Resizeable window.
  • Always on top.

Fixes/Improvements/Changes:

• Better searching
  • Matching of suffixes.
  • Highlights unconfirmed words with red.

Windows
Linux (Requires Qt libraries)
Mac OS X

This application now have over 100 uniqe users!

Please tell me if you find any bugs!
Irayo, Neytiri.

Neytiri Na'Vi

Irayo, Neytiri.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Sіr. Ηaxalot on May 21, 2011, 12:19:47 PM

does this chrome extension still exist?