Dictionary Desktop Search App (Windows, Linux, OS X)( + online version!)

Started by Sіr. Ηaxalot, January 13, 2010, 11:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesome?!

Yes
14 (73.7%)
Yes
4 (21.1%)
No
0 (0%)
D:
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

omängum fra'uti

Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Carborundum

I propose ayli'uä fwewyu. I think a one-syllable name (or two, in the case of kame) will look a bit boring, to be honest.
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Carborundum on March 30, 2010, 10:13:33 AM
I propose ayli'uä fwewyu. I think a one-syllable name (or two, in the case of kame) will look a bit boring, to be honest.

I like this proposal, I really do!

Tirea Aean

Okaay, I vote for that now! XD nice one ma 'eylan!

Rain

*Posting here so I can follow as things happen...*
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: SirHaxalot on March 30, 2010, 04:30:49 PM

I like this proposal, I really do!

Okay--so how is that pronounced? All I see are a jumble of unintelligible letters. I like the idea. Please help us pronounce it.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Tirea Aean

and now watch as omängum fra'uti comes to the rescue with another recording XD aw come on KP, its not that bad XD i can say it.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

The application is more or less done now, the only thing thats left is making it work well on apple computers (it's extremely slow for some reason).

This in combination with my Apple dev machine not being available, and me going on vacation this week, will lead to RC2 not being available until earliest the end of next week.

Col Quaritch

No bug report but do have a request, how about an option to pin it so it stays on top of all windows. this little bugger would go along way in helping me do my translantions if it could do that beat alt+tabing back and forth.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I'll look at it, it seems to be a simple thing to do with the Qt framework :)

Col Quaritch

Got iPad now know if this will install on it?

Tirea Aean

I'm pretty sure that as of now, this is a Windows/Linux application? (or is it on OSX now? I havent been keeping tabs on this. lol)

tho i definately think that an iPhone/iTouch/iPad version would be EPIC.

Rain

"Warning: include(include/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/haxalot.com/public_html/download.php on line 3

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'include/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /home/haxalot.com/public_html/download.php on line 3

Warning: include(include/database.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/haxalot.com/public_html/download.php on line 4

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'include/database.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /home/haxalot.com/public_html/download.php on line 4

Fatal error: Class 'HaxSQL' not found in /home/haxalot.com/public_html/download.php on line 20"
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Problems with the download script have been solved once again!

And about an iPhone version; no, it won't happen. Possibly a Windows Phone 7 version, depending on how much else I have to do, if anyone really want one, and how easy it will be to copypaste code from this version.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

RC2 is finally here!

New features:

• Automatic updating!
  • Resizeable window.
  • Always on top.

Fixes/Improvements/Changes:

• Better searching
  • Matching of suffixes.
  • Highlights unconfirmed words with red.

Windows
Linux
Mac OS X

I've also made this signatur, that advertises the application:

[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/your-projects-other-resources/learn-navi-desktop-dictionary/][img]http://navi.haxalot.com/ad/ayliuafwewyu.php[/img][/url]

Taronyu

This is by far one of the more awesome things I've seen today. THanks dude! This is great!

What happened to the IPA?

Sіr. Ηaxalot

The IPA is gone because I'm having some problems with the automatic updating, which is turning all special chars into question marks.

The autosyncing hasn't been set up until now btw, if someone have noted that it isn't fully up to date.

Tsamsiyu92

Quote from: SirHaxalot on April 08, 2010, 12:01:17 PM
Problems with the download script have been solved once again!

And about an iPhone version; no, it won't happen. Possibly a Windows Phone 7 version, depending on how much else I have to do, if anyone really want one, and how easy it will be to copypaste code from this version.

iPad is just a overpriced oversized iPod touch. HP Slate is a cheaper, yet 1,6 x faster, has a camera, USB ports. It also has Windows 7, so you can use any Windows application on it without problem. Apple makes good products, but others do better cheaper.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I actually have to agree with Tsamsiyu here, I simply cannot see any good area of usage for the iPad. Other than eBook reader, it's just a (expensive) toy.

However, that is not the reason that I would not port to it, the yearly $99 Apple Developer fee is too much for one free app. Microsoft have the same fee, but I'm planning to release a few other Apps on the WP7 Marketplace, so I have to pay the fee anyway.

Imagine this, but filled with LearnNavi.org related stuff, such as the same search method, A-Z wordlist, Grammar, latest forum posts and other stuff. If I'm doing this, it will be a portfolio project, i.e. dead serious.