Learn Na'vi SETI@Home Team

Started by akiwiguy, December 29, 2010, 02:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Toruk Makto on April 02, 2013, 07:59:00 AM
Apparently the project is being moved from the labs to a real data center and will be unavailable until Friday.
Interesting. Thanks for this information!

BTW, I got the FreeBSD machine to work!
Tsantxan! :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tìtstewan

Server Closet Migration Outage (April 1-3)
We are in the process of moving all our servers to a new location. All SETI data servers
are currently unreachable. We hope to be back on line by the morning of Thursday, April 4th.

Source: SETI News

Edit: It's working now. :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Tìtstewan on April 02, 2013, 08:10:43 AM
Apparently the project is being moved from the labs to a real data center and will be unavailable until Friday.
Interesting. Thanks for this information!
Well, the new data center works great!
My GTX 570 graphics card gets a lots of work. My average points: 4,270.76 (I never reach that before. :o)

Tìtstewan

Ma frapo!

It's nice to announce, that our team has reached a nice milestone of 2,000,000 Points! Whooo!!

Yaknun

It is a great result - congratulation for us self  ;)
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Tìtstewan

Tse, it seems that my graphics card doesn't work correct. The driver crashes every ten minutes. So, I think my graphics card is going to die or my PSU has a problem.
I have to disable the folding on it....keftxo.
I will try to search and fix that problem.

Tìtstewan

Tse, ma smuk,
My GPU died today... So, I can't do SETI folding anymore. :( (No warranty anymore)
I replaced it by a small OEM graphics card.

Taronyu Leleioae

It could be the GPU.  It could also be the cooling fan has died.  Which some disassembly, a new fan, and cpu thermal paste, can fix.  But the only way to tell, is to both spin the fan with your fingers to see if it isn't seized/stuck altogether.  And to put the card back in and see if the fan is spinning freely (and not some slow grinding...)

Tìtstewan

I guess, a memory chip is died, because the cooling fans works great (no higher temperature than 65°C). I will take a closer look at this GPU to find out what happend...
Update: GPU fixed. There was a not well-unplugged cable...

Edit: Stopped my folding because I got a horrible bill for power consumption... :'(

EDit2: "Back-up" of my signatuer here:
LearnNavi.org [URL=http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=141712]SETI@Home[/URL] & [url=http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=198857]Folding@Home[/URL] Team