Learn Na'vi SETI@Home Team

Started by akiwiguy, December 29, 2010, 02:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

I'm noticed that Hanako Ikezawa's (guest as akiwiguy) account didn't exist anymore...
The LearnNa'vi SETI@Home founder leaves LN? :-\

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Yaknun

wow - we are 7 members now - it's sooooo great  :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) :D :D
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Yaknun on December 09, 2012, 01:15:23 PM
Thats great!
:)
But only 5 are active.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Yaknun

Quote from: Tìtstewan on December 09, 2012, 01:23:37 PM
Quote from: Yaknun on December 09, 2012, 01:15:23 PM
Thats great!
:)
But only 5 are active.

show not to minimum - show the great idea  :D
And I think - the visit to future is our goal  :D :D :D
Neytiri:

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Tìtstewan

Hey we reach a lot with so few members - that good! :D

Tìtstewan

Actual rank: 1240 powered by 5,407 points per day!

Tewti!
:D :D

Suratt

I joined the search, so my work units should now be showing as well.  >.<

Tìtstewan

Welcome ma Suratt

Well, I see your power of points per day makes it possible to reach this!
Irayo! :D

Yaknun

Ma Suratt

a warm welcome also from me in our Team.

Have good time in the LN-Forum.

Ta Yaknun

Neytiri:

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Suratt

irayo, I could bump the numbers up further, but I also run a few others through Boinc as well.  >.<  I think I have about 6 things running?  Plus it all grinds to a halt when I kick off a game.  >.<

Tìtstewan

S@h runs only on my graphics card for a few hours. My CPU is reserved for f@h. So I have 2 things running. :)

Yaknun

My PC run only for s@h - 24 hours per day. But my CPU is slow  :'(
Neytiri:

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Tìtstewan on December 19, 2012, 04:49:16 PM
S@h runs only on my graphics card for a few hours. My CPU is reserved for f@h. So I have 2 things running. :)

I looked at your stats. Wow! If that is from a few hours work each day, that is impressive.

My new computer, named 'Toruk' is alive and kicking. It has completed hardware testing and initial configuration. I am trying to get ZFS and MATE to run right on it. S@H will be one of the first apps to be loaded on it, even before things like email.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìtstewan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on December 21, 2012, 09:10:13 PM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on December 19, 2012, 04:49:16 PM
I looked at your stats. Wow! If that is from a few hours work each day, that is impressive.
Well, that's powered by 480 CUDA-Cores of the GeForce GTX 570. :)
I run S@h a few hours per day (4-6 hours), because that graphics card is not a enegy save wonder...

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on December 21, 2012, 09:10:13 PM
My new computer, named 'Toruk' is alive and kicking. It has completed hardware testing and initial configuration. I am trying to get ZFS and MATE to run right on it. S@H will be one of the first apps to be loaded on it, even before things like email.
So you will run only the CPU client?

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I got 'Toruk' fully on line last night. The distributed computing is generally keeping two cores (out of six) quite busy, and the cooling system sped up within a few seconds of starting processing. Surprisingly, it is using almost no memory.

I have the GTX560, and I have not contemplated doing GPU processing for essentially the same reason you give. I also do not know how much I can do with the GTX560. I almost put a 570 in, but opted in the end to spend more money on RAM than on graphics. (And I am in a position to revisit that decision in the spring.) Gaming is of interest to me, but is not at all my primary interest. Number crunching like this project is.

Fedora 18 Linux is the OS. It looks like it is going to be a good one (still in Beta, but everything works well), and they have brought back a GNOME 2-style desktop in the MATE desktop.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìtstewan

To save enegy, I undervolted my system so low as possible.
In idle, my CPU runs by 1600MHz with 0,648 Volt, load 3500MHz 1,125 Volt. (Standard load was 1,320V o.O)
I tryed to undervolt my GPU, but I was not succesful. My GPU will be instable if I try to run it with 0,925 V...

Suratt

Hmmm, I am noticing that all the work units I get that are using SETI Enhanced 6.10 fail with an error.  6.03 all work fine.  Anyone else getting this?

Tìtstewan

For me the version SETI Enhanced 6.10 works fine. If the client runs on your GPU check out the last graphics card driver.

Tìtstewan

Actual rank: 1232 powered by 6,052 points per day!

Tewti nang!
:D :D :D

Tìtstewan

Actual rank: 1045 powered by 6,722 points per day!
Tewti nang! :D :D :D

Soon: 1.000.000 points !