Na'vi congruences with Earth

Started by Zefanaya, January 23, 2010, 04:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zefanaya

Kaltxi, sorry for the title but kinda could not think of another one basically I set up this thread because I want to know what you have seen or heard that reminds of the way the Na'vi think or things that remind of the Avatar movie like songs or things you see or read, I will post a few times a week of what I see, hear, or read fell free to treat this like a micro blog.

One thing that reminds me of Avatar is the song "Famous Last Words" by My Chemical Romance, it reminds me of How Jake never gave up of you listen to the lyrics there are a few points which seem very much avatar related though the song was made befor one of them is "I see you lying there next to me" which reminds me of the scene right after Neytiri and Jake become mated " and another part makes me look at how our modern world eclipses beauty of earth and our lives "So many Bright lights, that cast a shadow But can I speak? Well is it hard understanding I'm incomplete A life that's so demanding I get so weak A love that's so demanding
I can't speak" and then how he switches between avatar and human "I see you lying next to me With words I thought I'd never speak Awake and unafraid Asleep or dead" [Famous Last Words and lyrics are property of the band my chemical romance and there recording companies] listen to it free here http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/album/Famous+Last+Words+Live+B+Side/613876
Eywa ngahu
[edit] changed url previous was incorrect link
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Eywayä lì'u

Kaltxì, I was walkin down the beach near to where I live, and I saw loads of birds all flying around and perchin on the rocks, and it really reminded me of when you see all the ikran flying around the hallelujah mountains and especially when the ikran clan of the coast all fly out on their
ikran
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Zefanaya

I was watching the sun rise the other day (WA State) the sky was so amazing i know they did not really show sun rises in avatar but it reminded me of what our earth could of been

Na'rìng

Eywa ngahu ma smukan.
Eywa'evengä yawne lu oeru.

It kraon. XD!!! (Speak it the Na'vi way)

Zefanaya

Quote from: Na'rìng on January 23, 2010, 06:32:44 PM
Of what Earth once was... :(

that too would it not be great if we could live with nature and not against it there a re some many ways we can keep tech and still live with nature

Na'rìng

The destruction of our mother nature, is what is killing me inside. To know we are facing problems that are nearly impossible to solve. Our very economy is based on the fundamental problems: power and money (materalistic items). Every other problem can be broken down to those two. We eliminate those we get one thing everyone with a brain wants: peace and tranquility. And hopefully, that would lead us back to our natural selves. There are many other factors, of course, but these are the most significant. Get rid of those, greed will be gone, and the need for fossil fuels can actually be replaced by environmental-safe sources, as greed (being the fuel for fossil fuels, which is the biggest source of money, which is also the reason there are very few environmentally-safe energy sources because they are dirt cheap in comparison, giving oil diggers less money)...

See what I mean? Only problem is: it is not going to happen without radical changes. And due to the fact history seems to repeat, and our current path has happened to many other civilizations, means that it will continue to other civilizations. Until death do us apart. Sickening, disgusting, but very, very true.

Eywa/God/Gaia help us all! Before it is too late!
Eywa ngahu ma smukan.
Eywa'evengä yawne lu oeru.

It kraon. XD!!! (Speak it the Na'vi way)

Zefanaya

Amen, that all i can say people like us I believe can make a difference we must not fall into the trap which hath consumed the rest of this planet.

Kiliyä

I saw a number plate today that was EKX, and said it aloud nìNa'vi... my wife looked at me strangely.  It was well worth it for that look alone!
Peu sa'nokyä ayoengyä?  Pefya ayoeng poeru kìte'e sayi?
Pefya ayoengìl poeti hayawnu, na poel ayoengit hawnu?

What of our mother?  How shall we serve her?  How shall we protect her as she protects us?

rakel_wolf

Zefanaya

Kaltxi,
As I said when i started this i would do periodoic updates on what is happeing in my life with Na'vi so the congruences between my life and the Na'vi:

Ok so I have been trying to publicly practice Na'vi language and the mindset of truly seeing... no I did not find a way to get to Pandora and make avatars or find the miracle cure to make our planet have floating mountains if i had of you would probable me watching me on TV right now, but by practicing Na'vi even something as simple as greeting your best friend with Kaltxi or oel ngati kameie, and replacing thank you with Irayo, I managed to make my friend want to learn Na'vi I have jsut been having a really good day and I guess so was he and we had just got done talking and as we were about to enter passing period at school he said to me hey I want to learn Na'vi now I think it would be fun (little does he know how hard some of the words are but he will get through it with my help and I will get through it with all of your help meaning the forums and anyone else who speaks Na'vi we are both mega avatar fans) So the first thing that I did was tell him to go to http://www.learnnavi.org and download and read the lexicon and I told him I would help him (I plug this site in like all of my posts to facebook twitter and myspace plug meaning promote) hopefully he did what I said and we should see him join the forum in a few day's... now I have to help him pick a Na'vi name. So overall great start to the week and as always may Eywa ngahu, ulte hawnu nÍwotx tirey, 'ivong Na'vi! (sorry for that being sketchy trying to work from memory)

Nume fpi sänume

Zefanaya

Glad your enjoying it I hope more people will start posting what they see.

Zefanaya

Just to let readers no I wont be posting much for the next few days FINALS damn i hate these things be back on in full soon no one smite me for not posting.

Eywa ngahu ma aytsmukan ulte aytsumke niwotkx ayuniltìranyu.

-Tirey Hawnuyu

Zefanaya

Hey readers, I wanted to know what you guys want to talk about and what some of your major questions or some of the things you have been learning about that are Na'vi or Avatar related, and as quick congruence update I keep listening to music and keep finding things that sound like they could be Na'vi related or in line with Na'vi thinking , let me know what you guts think.

Eywa ngahu