Matthew 26:25, The Communion

Started by Rain, February 22, 2010, 09:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Kayrìlien

Quote from: Rain on February 25, 2010, 10:21:16 PM
???

I haven't really posted anything of value at all, I've just been making references to Pulp Fiction.  :) Sorry for derailing your thread, oeru txoa livu, srak?

Anyway, this is a cool idea. Any sort of translations into Na'vi are really useful, especially when the source material is from arguably the most important book in the history of the world.

Kayrìlien

Rain

"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Kì'eyawn

Quote from: Kxalatsi on February 24, 2010, 12:14:37 AM
This is making me consider translating the Heart Sutra (Buddhist) into Na'vi.  It's short, little more than a page.

I think I'll claim that project now but wait until I have a better grasp of the language.  The vocabulary probably isn't diverse enough for this either at this point.  The other problem is translitrating Buddha without B or D!

I've been thinking about this, actually.  Buddha could transliterate as *Putxa (using an ejective to replace the Sanskrit aspirated dh)--although, since Buddha means "Awakened One" (srak?) you could translate that as Txena'awpo (my favorite) or 'Awpoatxen.  But there's a lot of words in the Heart Sutra that we don't have in Na'vi yet.  You could start by transliterating the mantra at the end--although that immediately raises the question, should you transliterate gate as *kate (i would, since it calls to mind , which is nice for the translation of gate as "gone") or *ngate

Maybe instead try writing Na'vi koans?  ;)
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...