The Na'vi "kxwerty" Keyboard Layout

Started by Tirea Aean, January 22, 2011, 09:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on July 05, 2011, 04:43:16 PM
dvorak version?

thought of it. I call it Na'vorak. it was not included in the zip for some reason. I'll try to find it and put it in.

EDIT: did not find it. I'll have to make it again.

Kamean

I had not noticed it.
Great work! :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kamean on January 25, 2012, 01:32:23 PM
I had not noticed it.
Great work! :)

Tstunwi. :)

I was wondering about that as you always recommend that other one to beginners ;).if you have any ideas or requests about customizing the layout, let me know :)

Kamean

I have no ideas. And I recommend that layout, because I use it (Linux version by Kemaweyan).

Tirea Aean

I see. Well the flaw with kxwerty is its strengths. Its main features namely double-character single keystroke cannot be crossplatform because of how xkb works on linux. I also am not able to use this because i am a linux user. Perhaps I will download Kem's kbl and give it a try. :)

Kamean

Tirea Aean

Kamean

Catch it. :)

Tanri

Quote from: Blue Elf on June 07, 2011, 06:44:19 AM
I am using Windows XP, but it probably doesn't matter. Ctrl+C seems to work well in Notepad, just tested it (with kxwerty layout), but not in Firefox. Here Ctrl+C opens new tab the same way as Ctrl+T. So maybe problem is in Firefox - can you install it and try?
Confirmed - Windows XP 32bit, every application I use works correctly, when I press Ctrl+ts, they get Ctrl+c. In Firefox not - it react as I have pressed Ctrl+t then Ctrl+s.

It seems to me that Ctrl+ combination are system-wide handled at lower level than normal letters, it looks like in case of Ctrl+c the keyboard driver recognizes the "copy" function and is sending Ctrl+c to applications, regardless of actual keyboard mapping.
Maybe Firefox installs its own keyboard handler, thus cannot receive nothing more than the currently mapped keys. Ctrl+t then Ctrl+s, not Ctrl+t then s, because in the moment of sending "s", the Ctrl is still pressed down.

Irayo seiyi nìtxan ma Tirea a fì'uri ngal ngolop fì"keyboard"it.
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Tirea Aean

I had the same thoughts. I'm sorry about that, I cannot do anything short of custom compiling a new firefox to fix that. Also be aware that there are a few small programs here and there such as pidgin and Xchat  for windows which do not like the double keypress keys. That's their fault for not liking my keyboard layout :P

Tirea Aean

NEW! NOW ALSO ON MAC THANKS TO Palalukan Makto !!! :D :D

Sorry, no Linux support :( :( *is Linux user*

Palulukan Maktoyu

Noticed the file is called navkb5.zip yet the hyperlink says navkb6.zip
so repasted link and changed file name and boom new zip file
was this a typo?

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 22, 2011, 09:18:28 PM
yeah, That's right. I'm FINALLY making an official thread for it.

questions, comments, requests, issues, bugs, report here. Thanks for downloading, and happy typing nìna'vi. ;)

NEWEST/CURRENT ZIP BUILD: http://tirea.skxawng.lu/navkb6.zip
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Tirea Aean

Tirea Aean

Just to let everybody know, the letter é (as only seen in "tuté") has long been a feature of the latest posted version in OP. You make é by using the Alt key on the right + e. That is AltGr+e.

Blue Elf

Good to know it. Until now I needed to switch to Czech keyboard to write it.
Irayo.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tirea Aean

Introducing kxwerty for Android Devices!

WARNING! IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AND USE HACKER'S KEYBOARD, THIS WILL OVERWRITE IT, AND UPDATING IT ON GOOGLE PLAY WILL OVERWRITE THE KXWERTY VERSION

I Grabbed the source code for Hacker's keyboard and made some edits. en-US is kxwerty and en-Dvorak is Na'vorak. en-GB was left untouched, so use that for typing English. Layout switching is as easy as swiping along the space bar.

See Original Post for download.

comment on this thread if you run into any issues

screens:

Tirea Aean

Links in OP fixed. Sorry for downtime. :)

Eana Tanhì

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Tìtstewan

It's still here:
hkb-kxwerty-mod.apk | Hacker's Keyboard Mod (KXWERTY for Android)
navkb6.zip | KXWERTY for Windows / Mac

Edit:
Added the correct links in the OP. The old links (these links) are still here for comprehensibility. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Eana Tanhì

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...