The Na'vi "kxwerty" Keyboard Layout

Started by Tirea Aean, January 22, 2011, 09:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

yeah, That's right. I'm FINALLY making an official thread for it.

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 19, 2010, 08:25:50 PM
hahaha. ;D well, I might as well update my custom Tirea Na'vi Windows keyboard layout to have a degree symbol...just in case. that way, i dont have to worry about it. I like the idea of "ONE KEY, ONE CHARACTER" or in some cases on my custom kb, one key, two characters...

EDIT: I have made a windows custom keyboard layout and put a link to it in the kxwerty picture in my signature. if you download and install it,

it will look like this:

SHIFT:

~ ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ +
Kx W E R T Y U I O P { } |
A S Tx F Ng H Ì K L : "
Z Ä Ts V Px N M < > ?

normal:

º 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =
kx w e r t y u i o p [ ] \
a s tx f ng h ì k l ; '
z ä ts v px n m , . /

download, unzip, and install setup.exe. done. now you can type Na'vi fast. switch back to your normal layout with left ctrl+shift.

EDIT: now going international. The zip contains EN, DE, PL, and FR

questions, comments, requests, issues, bugs, report here. Thanks for downloading, and happy typing nìNa'vi. ;)

NEWEST/CURRENT BUILD ZIP for PC/Mac: http://tirea.learnnavi.org/download/navkb6.zip

NEW! Now on Android Platform via Modified Hacker's Keyboard app.

screenshots HERE

WARNING! IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AND USE HACKER'S KEYBOARD, THIS WILL OVERWRITE IT, AND UPDATING IT ON GOOGLE PLAY WILL OVERWRITE THE KXWERTY VERSION

http://tirea.learnnavi.org/download/hkb-kxwerty-mod.apk

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

It's about time! ;) Anyway, comments from a long-time user:
This a great layout for fast and easy Na'vi typing. Definitely a must-have for any Na'vi speaker! Or....typer lol.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Tirea Aean

I'd like to point out that this is currently WINDOWS ONLY. a Mac version is in the works. Linux xkb hates kxwerty. I am saddened by this.

but yes. if you HAAAAAAAAATE alt-codes like me, and REALLY dont feel like usind dead keys all the time and making so much effort just to type Na'vi fast, this kbl is for you. Updates to come.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

It's awesome, BTW.  If you do download it, I've figured out that it is the blank one with no name in the language bar ;)

Stawmyu Feyä Aymokrit

Kaltxì ma eylan,
I'd be very interested in a French (azerty) version of this keyoard layout, I tried to do one with MSKLC, but it gave no result as I just couldn't get it to compile.

Nìtxan irayo

Stawmyu Feyä Aymokrit
Alt GR + 7 + i ==> ì
Shift + ^ + a ==> ä

Quote from: Jake S. (c)2154Cette langue est une vraie vacherie

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Stawmyu Feyä Aymokrit on April 20, 2011, 02:39:50 PM
Kaltxì ma eylan,
I'd be very interested in a French (azerty) version of this keyoard layout, I tried to do one with MSKLC, but it gave no result as I just couldn't get it to compile.

Nìtxan irayo

Stawmyu Feyä Aymokrit

Ngey Mokrit stolawm.

Nouvelle version dans le message original. :)

Stawmyu Feyä Aymokrit

Kaltxì
I downloaded the file and installed it.
Works like a charm

Nìtxan irayo ma nawma Tirea Aean

Stawmyu Feyä Aymokrit

Alt GR + 7 + i ==> ì
Shift + ^ + a ==> ä

Quote from: Jake S. (c)2154Cette langue est une vraie vacherie

xelloss

Kaltxì ma eylan oeyä

Quote from: Tirea Aean on April 20, 2011, 08:00:59 PM
Quote from: Stawmyu Feyä Aymokrit on April 20, 2011, 02:39:50 PM
Kaltxì ma eylan,

Nìtxan irayo

Stawmyu Feyä Aymokrit

Ngey Mokrit stolawm.

Nouvelle version dans le message original. :)
Yahouuuuuu !!!
Leiu txantsan nìtxan nìtxan nang ma Tirea Aean !

Fìkarmati ngaru teiìng oel ;)

Eywa ayngahu !!
Le premier homme qui est mort à du être drôlement surpris.
Partir c'est mourir un peu, et mourir c'est partir beaucoup.
La Terre est basse.
Les lénitions, en rouge

Le Na'vi fpi Ayskxawng 2022

Blue Elf

Ma Tirea, can I ask for one correction?
It works well, however if kxwerty layout is switched on, Ctrl+C shortcut doesn't work (I often copy some texts from/to webbrowser) as driver sends Ctrl+T/Ctrl+S. Even worse, in Firefox Ctrl+T opens new tab, what often confuses me.
Is it possible to fix driver to make Ctrl+C work as Ctrl+C even with kxwerty layout?
Thanks.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Blue Elf on June 06, 2011, 04:19:07 PM
Ma Tirea, can I ask for one correction?
It works well, however if kxwerty layout is switched on, Ctrl+C shortcut doesn't work (I often copy some texts from/to webbrowser) as driver sends Ctrl+T/Ctrl+S. Even worse, in Firefox Ctrl+T opens new tab, what often confuses me.
Is it possible to fix driver to make Ctrl+C work as Ctrl+C even with kxwerty layout?
Thanks.

good point. I guess for now remember to switch your layout while I investigate if this is possible :) If it is, I'll update the link and let you know.

guest2859

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 23, 2011, 08:41:23 AM
I'd like to point out that this is currently WINDOWS ONLY. a Mac version is in the works. Linux xkb hates kxwerty. I am saddened by this.

but yes. if you HAAAAAAAAATE alt-codes like me, and REALLY dont feel like usind dead keys all the time and making so much effort just to type Na'vi fast, this kbl is for you. Updates to come.

I figured I could hack Linux because the installable keyboards are there, just inactive. But I don't have Linux installed anywhere (I have Xu/Ub 11.04 on CD), but I have information on all systems that I need to keep.

Tirea Aean

I kinda gave up on xkb wanting to cooperate with 1 key 2 chars... It won't. You'd have to use an entire alternate keyboard processing structure. That's a little much to ask just for a single simple layout if you ask me.

If you are able to get this to work on Linux as it currently works on windows, and tell me how you did it, I would love you forever.

guest2859

I'll download the ISO tomorrow and use the archive manager to see what I find.

Tirea Aean

Now that I've booted into windows to investigate the issue, I tested it for myself before changing anything.

It seems to work correctly. Ctrl C does copy, Ctrl X does cut, and all the normal shortcuts work, even when the Na'vi keyboard is on. {Windows 7 Starter 32 bit on Eee}

Blue Elf

I am using Windows XP, but it probably doesn't matter. Ctrl+C seems to work well in Notepad, just tested it (with kxwerty layout), but not in Firefox. Here Ctrl+C opens new tab the same way as Ctrl+T. So maybe problem is in Firefox - can you install it and try?
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Human No More

Txantsan... I will have to check this out :) - if only I was better at Na'vi :(
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

guest2859

I just looked at the ISO to find the keyboard folder, it makes sense until you get to the 3rd folder level then it starts going into codex.

TanhìAtan

I was wondering when the mac version is going to come out?  No rush just curious.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: gleelover2 on July 03, 2011, 01:01:14 PM
I was wondering when the mac version is going to come out?  No rush just curious.

Linux also does not have a version. Eyamsiyu was helping me make the Mac version. If i OWNED a Mac, there would have totally been a Mac version by now. Thanks for your interest! :D I'm sorry about the lack of cross-platform support :(

akiwiguy