VrrtepCLI

Started by Tirea Aean, May 22, 2011, 03:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Well of course not all of them. I guess what I should have said is, I want to remove the need for vrrtepcli.sh And handle all the stuff it does inside the vrrtepcli.py file. I'm gonna hold onto the install, uninstall, and update scripts. Because the things that those scripts do are more system commands, not really part of using the program.

So yeah.

And What does everyone else think about a name change?

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Fwewyu is an interesting name. Since there is nothing demonic about the command line (to Linux/Unix fans, anyway ;) ), losing the vrrtep part would not hurt.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

baritone

I have succeeded to make a Russian language dictionary for vrrtepcli without of using NaviData.sql, and today I was playing in quiz from vrrtepcli in Russian.

P.S. Tirea Aean give me access to vrrtepcli repository, and all the dictionaryes and code for -ru option support are now in the ./vrrtepcli/txt/ and vrrtepcli/src/ respectivelly.

You can take the latest version of vrrtepcli with
svn checkout http://vrrtepcli.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ vrrtepcli-read-only
Then, if you use Linux and vrrtepcli is not installed, you can copy ./src/vrrtepcli.sh, ./src/vrrtepcli.py, ./txt/localizedWords.txt and ./txt/ru.txt files into the lin_release directory and run ./lin_release/install.sh
If vrrtepcli is installed in your home directory, you can simply copy all these files into ~/.vrrtepcli directory.

Blue Elf

There's some mistake in the data (missing infix positions for nulnew; same for new and zene):
C:\Windows\System32>vrrtepcli -n -i nulnew
Vrrtep CLI v1.95.0 by Tirea Aean
Windows version by Swoka Ikran
Standalone version

nulnew \n

Seems that other modal verbs are affected too
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tirea Aean

Interesting. This is an Eana Eltu issue bleeding through to this project.

I wonder how long this has been the case...

Nulnew is a head-final compound that I thought I'd handled in my serverside script for correcting EE's infix locations on compounds.

new and zene though... Maybe this dates back to the split of vim. and vtrm. from all other verbs. :-\ ???

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 13, 2014, 05:32:30 PM
Nulnew is a head-final compound that I thought I'd handled in my serverside script for correcting EE's infix locations on compounds.

new and zene though... Maybe this dates back to the split of vim. and vtrm. from all other verbs. :-\ ???
Really all modals have this problem, so splitting modals caused this issue. But why? Is it fixable?

Tirea Aean

technically it is fixable on my serverside script, but I'd rather it be fixed at Eana Eltu's level. I get how compounds are not easily scriptable so I handle those myself, but regular form modals should have infix location data from EE. I'd talk to Tuiq or whoever else knows how to deal with that monstrous Perl.. :S

Blue Elf

C:\Windows\System32>vrrtepcli -n -i ftxulì'u
Standalone version

ftxulì'u ftxulì'<1><2><3>u

ftxulì'u incorrectly show infix positions as 3,3 instead of 1,1

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 23, 2014, 05:08:29 PM
C:\Windows\System32>vrrtepcli -n -i ftxulì'u
Standalone version

ftxulì'u ftxulì'<1><2><3>u

ftxulì'u incorrectly show infix positions as 3,3 instead of 1,1

Will have to hack this in the update script.. 1s...

EDIT: Updated. When the serverside dictionary update triggers (which means when the PDF gets an update), your local copy will be updated. (unless you manually edit the data in the .txt files on your machine ahead of time)

Tirea Aean

This project has been deprecated in favor of a new similar project, called fwew.

I am calling for all of my vrrtepcli users to try out fwew and reply with bug reports. Thread for Fwew is here: http://forum.learnnavi.org/projects/fwew-a-better-crossplatform-navi-dictionary-terminal-app/new/#new

Blue Elf

Taken note. Fwew is shorter than vrrtepcli, so I assume it will be easier to use it :D ;D

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Blue Elf on April 03, 2015, 01:55:13 PM
Taken note. Fwew is shorter than vrrtepcli, so I assume it will be easier to use it :D ;D

to actually use it is much easier; it doesn't even require the user to have any other programs installed. So no one needs to have Go installed, no one needs to have Python installed, etc. Just run the binary program as it is.

To actually run the program from a terminal emulator is a very very similar process as before. Here is a list of examples of things that have changed:

OLD:

vrrtepcli -l test

NEW:

fwew -r test

OLD:

vrrtepcli -de yom

NEW:

fwew -l de yom

OLD:

vrrtepcli -l -de essen

NEW:

fwew -r -l de essen

and so on. See the readme at http://github.com/tirea/fwew :)

Blue Elf

Problem - vrrtepcli can't update dictionary files, seems they are not available anymore at site http://tirea.learnnavi.org/dictionarydata. Something has broken, or updates were discontinued?

Tìtstewan

He changed the server. I don't see any dictionary files in that folder, only the NaviRhymeDictionary.html

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tirea Aean

Yeah I need to get the system working on the new server.. sorry for the delay! I can at least manually update the files and put them there now within a couple hours but then I'll need to work on how to get it automated again.

Blue Elf

No sure whether data for vrrtepcli are still updated, but it says, that infixes for käteng are kät<1><2><3>eng. But in real, they are k<1><2><3>äteng