Na'vi Pamrel - offer №4

Started by Hashe, October 05, 2010, 01:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hashe

I was thinking about new alphabet yesterday, the idea was about a simple dividing of words on groups: vowels, consonant, diphthongs etc. Next are: suffixes, affixes, example (in the bottom of the 1-st photo): genitive case - it is one symbol. Alphabet is VERY simple to remembering, when i was ending this work, i had knew alphabet very well. On a studing i have spent max 30 minutes. So as u can see every group has one main symbol that can be changed, in the issue we got a new vowel. Work is unfinished, so if u have any ideas u can post it and i will consider it. Also i have many mistakes, but i was try to show u a new system, that i hope u will like.

How to write?
Support browsers: Internet Explorer.
Download total commander.
Configuration -> Options -> Display, set all ticks.
With help of total commander copy files to windows/fonts/EUDC.TTE, EUDC.TUF. If you have any in the folder, rename, then copy new files.
Go to Windows -> system 32 -> and open eudcedit.exe then close.
Install keyboard layout (attachments).
Later i will add keyboard map.

I repeat, symbols DON'T work in ICQ, MSN, AIM, SKYPE, OPERA, SAFARIi, MOZILA etc, because they aren't a unicode codding!

Other ways (working):
Install Pamrel font to your font directory, than use [font=Pamrel[/font], or press red "A" in the head panel, then change the font name.

Sireayä mokri

When the mirror speaks, the reflection lies.

Hashe

Corrected. Tomorrow i'll lay out more considered system, 'cuz current does not correspond to most used word combinations.

Sireayä mokri

I think it would be nice to create special symbols or combinations for most used words such as fwa, futa, tsun etc. and maybe even pronouns like oe, nga, po.

Hashe

Sure, i will add them and will try to make alphabet in a graphic editor for a pleasure viewing.

Ngawng

Ma Sireayä Mokri,

Um I think that a while ago someone made a writing system for Na'vi, before those three you posted up there....I don't have a link to anything about it, I forgo where I saw it...heh

29.f.australia

Hashe

We know, i just offer new system that can be more comfortable and easy to remember, your choice to select one of more appropriate. And i advice to read my post, before post "we have one, that's enough".

Ngawng

I was talking about the three links that Sireayä Mokri posted earlier (reply #1). I should have quoted it to be more clear, sorry.

I mean no disrespect whatsoever, I love that fans are making writing systems.

29.f.australia

Hashe

:)

I have seen that topics before, but some of them, first of all "pamrelfya aeoio" may scare newcomers, and i have been trying to create a system, not alphabet (everyone can post yours alphabet here), as i said 2 or 3 times, easy remembering alphabet system, that have same signs in every group and when we put a one point or line it changes to another word for example, the most close to me system of those 3 it is uniltirantokx alfapitbut there is no dividing, only same symbols.

Ngawng

Yes I can see that your writing system is well thought out :) It's also sevin lor nìtxan :)

29.f.australia

Sireayä mokri

Ma Ngawng, I only saw these three in this part of forum so I assume it would be number four at this place anyway ;) 

Kemaweyan

Quote from: Ngawng on October 07, 2010, 04:47:09 AM
Yes I can see that your writing system is well thought out :) It's also sevin nìtxan :)

Ma Ngawng, nga zenke sivar lì'ut alu sevin fte pivlltxe teri ayu. Nì'aw teri tuté. Rutxe sivar lì'ut alu lor ayuhu. Irayo ;)
Ngawng, you cant's use the word sevin to say about things. Only about female. Please use the word lor with things. Thanks ;)
Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

Hashe

The first update ready, added tense infixes, laudative/pejorative; genders; cases.
P.S.: Sorry for the rotated pic.

Sireayä mokri

I like it, your system is really easy to learn :)

Hashe

Sireayä mokri

Ma Hashe, I think kameie from your example is spelled wrong. It says kamänge.

Hashe

Yeah, i see. At the moment when i was writing the example, symbols werent replaced.

Hufwe Atxur

Just had the time to take a look on your writing system, and must say txantsan! It looks quite easy to learn, and because I love conscripts too, I'll definitely begin with learning this system ;)
I'm curious - is there a longer text in this alphabet?

Only the seperation into the groups Vowels, diphtongs and consonants as well as the round charakter of the chars remindes me a bit on Tolkien's Tengwar - don't see this as something bad, since I made the same with my conscripts and I like the Tengwar very much!
old gallery link?id=1630.jpg[/img]
NEW version of Seed of Language released! Click on the banner to find out more!

Hashe

Quote from: Eltu Lefngap on October 08, 2010, 12:27:05 PM
I'm curious - is there a longer text in this alphabet?
You mean example of a long sentence? Sry i dont get it ???

Only the seperation into the groups Vowels, diphtongs and consonants as well as the round charakter of the chars remindes me a bit on Tolkien's Tengwar - don't see this as something bad, since I made the same with my conscripts and I like the Tengwar very much!
I didnt know what is Tengwar before you said. I have been trying to make unlike alphabet, but it is very very hard and unreal :(

Hufwe Atxur

Yes, a long sentence, but this ain't necessary for me anymore since I've made one.

Quote from: Hashe on October 08, 2010, 02:02:25 PM
I didnt know what is Tengwar before you said. I have been trying to make unlike alphabet, but it is very very hard and unreal :(
Yes I know .. but I just remembered this alphabet when I saw yours ;) But good work!
old gallery link?id=1630.jpg[/img]
NEW version of Seed of Language released! Click on the banner to find out more!