Na'vi news

Started by Puvomun, May 05, 2011, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puvomun

A friend and I are planning on putting some kind of "na'vi news" site online. Things are still young and in the planning phase, but we envision a site entirely in Na'vi and meant to be fun.

A few things we came up with to put online are:
- the Navi wotd tweets
- a poetry section
- messages from ayolo'eyktan (that is the correct plural for olo'eyktan, srak?), which can be made-up announcements for  clan members etc.
- news flashes - made up events that happen around the various clans
- pictures
- contact ads (think up silly stuff, up to "Thanator would like to meet prey")
- ?

For this I would like to ask everyone here if they would be willing to contribute the occasional snippet of Na'vi material. We don't plan on making this a high volume effort with lots of articles every day. The messages from the leaders, for instance, could be rotating ones on a random interval.

I hope you get the meaning, and I am looking forward to your thoughts.

ta Puvomun
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Alyara Arati

There are some Na'vi tongue twisters and word puzzles out there, too, that you might be able to use. :)
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Puvomun

Quote from: Alyara Arati on May 05, 2011, 03:54:41 AM
There are some Na'vi tongue twisters and word puzzles out there, too, that you might be able to use. :)
Cool idea! :D

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Oma Tirea

There are some Na'vi tongue twisters...

Sran, such as the ones from the 'ÌTXTSTXRR in my sig.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Puvomun

Quote from: Inspirata on May 05, 2011, 03:57:48 AM
There are some Na'vi tongue twisters...

Sran, such as the ones from the 'ÌTXTSTXRR in my sig.

Those are totally kawng!! :D

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Alyara Arati

There are also a few under Kxayä Kxutu in nìNa'vi nì'aw.  And you should look at this: First Na'vi Magazine.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Puvomun

Anyone have a clue on where to find imagery that can be used without kicking against copyright?
I see that several wikis use all kinds of stuff which is online in plain sight...

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

If you need hosting I'll be able to set you up. I could probably help a bit with PHP coding and such too.

Puvomun

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on May 05, 2011, 01:54:00 PM
If you need hosting I'll be able to set you up. I could probably help a bit with PHP coding and such too.

Thank you for your kind offer; my friend has a hosting site herself so that is already covered. And she will handle most, if not all the coding and graphics too. As a kind of pet project. But if need be, I will not hesitate to pick ngeyä eltu!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Puvomun on May 05, 2011, 04:55:12 AM
Anyone have a clue on where to find imagery that can be used without kicking against copyright?
I see that several wikis use all kinds of stuff which is online in plain sight...
Can't you just horizontal flip the image like some people do on youtube when they have uploaded an episode of a TV-show they don't own to avoid copyright stuff.

And another idea, what a phrase of the day / week, like: its the small things in life that make it, but then in complete Na'vi
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Alyara Arati

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 05, 2011, 04:51:31 PM

And another idea, what a phrase of the day / week, like: its the small things in life that make it, but then in complete Na'vi

A lot like we've been doing with quotes in Word Football, kefyak?
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Puvomun

Quote from: Alyara Arati on May 05, 2011, 06:22:17 PM
Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 05, 2011, 04:51:31 PM

A lot like we've been doing with quotes in Word Football, kefyak?

Neat idea! :)  Irayo lu mengaru!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Blue Elf

Wou, great idea ma Puvomun!
I think that site should be understandable enough also for beginners (like me). I probably could be able to contribute into phrase of the day section sometimes, but I can't guarantee correctness :) I hope you'll have good Na'vi corrector, as content should be grammatically correct.
I have another idea, taken from our Ngaynume homeworks - get some pictures and create text for them like comic strips. This is funny and easy enough, so I can work on this (but you must send me graphics). We can try to create something like Red Meat (Eana tsngan in Na'vi :))
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Puvomun

Quote from: Blue Elf on May 06, 2011, 07:56:30 PM
Wou, great idea ma Puvomun!
I think that site should be understandable enough also for beginners (like me). I probably could be able to contribute into phrase of the day section sometimes, but I can't guarantee correctness :) I hope you'll have good Na'vi corrector, as content should be grammatically correct.
Nice ideas, ma Blue Elf. I have added that to the spreadsheet of options :) Irayo lu ngaru!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Kamean

Quote from: Alyara Arati on May 05, 2011, 04:09:42 AM
There are also a few under Kxayä Kxutu in nìNa'vi nì'aw.  And you should look at this: First Na'vi Magazine.
May soon be released a second number. But it all depends on how much will the authors of free time.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.