3 (60%)
Live Na'vi Admin Idea (Explained below)
1 (20%)
Txur Tirea's Idea (Explained below)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 08, 2011, 05:21:27 PM

Eana Ketuwong

This poll will end in two days. If you are on the team and do not vote, then sorry we are going with the idea other members chose.
If you wish to see Alyara's idea, please check out the writing discussions.

Live Na'vi Admin- "A novella written before Avatar. Tom Sully never died, and he arrives when Dr. Augustine is starting to plan the school house. The team consists of four other members. The main character is a female named Emily Embers, an Avatar driver. I have more details, but it's too much at the moment."

Txur Tirea- "Inside the Omaticaya, when the clan is first meeting the RDA. Main character is obviously Na'vi. Gender not decided. Written in 3rd person...Like Admin, too many details at this exact moment."

Please vote respectfully, based on your likeness of the idea.
Tumbling hard until 3 AM on a Wednesday night

Alyara Arati

I'm not asking for pages of explanation, but could I please see a few more details on the last 2 proposals, especially Txur Tirea's.
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Eana Ketuwong

Quote from: Alyara Arati on May 06, 2011, 06:17:28 PM
I'm not asking for pages of explanation, but could I please see a few more details on the last 2 proposals, especially Txur Tirea's.
Yes, here they are:
Txur Tirea- "The Na'vi have first met RDA...This is where I left off: The Na'vi at first are welcoming of the aliens, until they start to secretly destroy sacred places to the Omaticaya/Entire Na'vi population.
The Na'vi remain unaware of this for about a week, until a group goes out to visit the locations. They then realize that their new allies are distracting them, so they can use materials from those sites, such as unobtanium. I'm kind of thinking we could focus this onto the struggle the Na'vi go through, until Jake arrives on Pandora."

Live Na'vi Admin- "Ok, so I'm thinking that Emily arrives as an Avatar driver, not ready for Pandora. She knows everything she needs to know, and assists Grace on projects. Grace then introduces the team (There's 4 like I mentioned) to the School Project.
As you know from seeing the movie, Grace had a little school for teaching English to the Na'vi. Emily is put in charge of planning lessons for the 'teen' Na'vi, like Neytiri and Sylwanin.
That's all I have so far. I have it divided into four sections though; section three is called "Grace's Downfall", when Sylwanin is killed and the school is shut down."

There you have it! If you wish to hear more, let me know.

Alyara Arati

Thanks, this is very interesting and inspiring!  And I think that even for my idea, telling part of the story through Na'vi eyes would enhance it quite a bit, and make them seem less like nothing but victims.  One of the captured Na'vi could be particular friends with Grace and a strong secondary character.  I have a vision of the elder that is buried during the movie as Jake is learning their ways...  Not that I'm trying to rip off anybody else's ideas; this just came to me after reading the other two story options.
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Eana Ketuwong

I wouldn't worry about ripping off other ideas, because this group is about planning all together. And, yes I'm starting to like that idea about the elder. Pretty creative.

Tsteu nantang

I like the idea of the main character being Na'vi.  That being said I would prefer the story line to take place during the time Alyara proposed (During the VERY beginning of the human inhabitation).
http://livenavi.forumotion.com/ HELP US OUT
Quote from: archaic
Plus she's hot, in a 'nine feet tall, skinny, blue, stripy, with a tail' kind of way.
old gallery link?id=2029[/img]

Eana Ketuwong

Well, the results are in: Alyara Arati's idea won! Congrats!
But, if you would like to add to it, or even modify it to a completely different POV (As with the Na'vi...) then you are free to do so.