Na'vi Rhyming Dictionary

Started by Tirea Aean, June 01, 2011, 11:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Has anyone else been looking for a na'vi rhyming dictionary? I remember many months ago one existed...

well, here is one that I generate every time after the main LN dictionary is edited. Just thought I might bring it to light that it may be useful for those who like to write Na'vi poetry or lyrics or what have you.

http://tirea.learnnavi.org/dictionarydata/NaviRhymeDictionary.html

'Oma Tirea

As I have said on your pìloktsyìp:

QuoteTewti! :D

Ngian for -ä note that all nouns in the genetive case count too.
for -al don't forget about the pronouns oengal, ayoengal and awngal. Other nouns ending on a in the agentive case fall under here too.

On a related note (the important part of this...) you should add a note that additional rhymes can be formed from suffixes, such as the case markers (goes for -Vl, -Vt, -Vr, -ru, -ti, -ri, -o, -tu, -yu, where V is any Na'vi vowel).

Nì'i'a, you have the word a twice.

Part of the reason for these small quirks is that this dictionary was script-prepared.

Finally, I should mention that a Na'vi rhyme isn't quite the same as a rhyme in English.  They are more like "same last letter sounds".

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Wow, awesome idea! :D Irayo nìtxan for this. :)

Ikran Ahiyìk

How do you make the site? Would you please let me know about something on it..

Because I am now keep updating a list, it will be much more convenient if I can list them in another place like this. :)
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Tirea Aean

'Oma Tirea, did you miss the header of the page? Here's a copypaste.

specifically,
Quote*Note that MANY more rhymes are possible with using suffixes and enclitic adpositions.*

I'll go and delete the extra a.

--

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on June 02, 2011, 09:51:33 AM
How do you make the site? Would you please let me know about something on it..

Because I am now keep updating a list, it will be much more convenient if I can list them in another place like this. :)

What site? tirea.skxawng.lu ? skxawng.lu is SirHaxalot's domain. he let me have the tirea.skxawng.lu subdomain. I use ssh to update it.

you keep updating a list of what?

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 02, 2011, 10:01:51 AM
'Oma Tirea, did you miss the header of the page?

Apparently I did (oops :P)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Tirea Aean

It's okay. Maybe eventually I can even figure out how to make an exhaustive version with including suffixes and adpositions.

Ikran Ahiyìk

They are just all the same, aren't they? (or do you mean adding like -ìl, -fkip to the list? This is good)

What site? tirea.skxawng.lu ? skxawng.lu is SirHaxalot's domain. he let me have the tirea.skxawng.lu subdomain. I use ssh to update it.

For this.
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on June 02, 2011, 10:26:40 AM

For this.

Are you looking for a way to automatically generate that text?

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Would you be able to list the endings alphabetically?  That makes it a ton simpler.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on February 23, 2012, 04:41:38 PM
Would you be able to list the endings alphabetically?  That makes it a ton simpler.

I wrote in the header how to use it very quickly while it is not in Alpha order.

I plan to do that eventually but no matter what, specific page search is always much faster than scrolling.

One of these days I will edit that generator script. Im currently working on generated Quizzes.

Kamean

Wou, I have never saw this topic. :-[
Awesome idea, ma Tirea! And great work! :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Blue Elf

To make things simplest as possible, install vrrtepcli tool (http://code.google.com/p/vrrtepcli/), it contains rhyming dictionary too:
C:\Windows\System32>vrrtepcli -r tsawke
Vrrtep CLI v1.94.2 by Tirea Aean
Windows version by Swoka Ikran
Standalone version

'awve, 'ite, 'upe, 'upxare, atxkxe, ayoe, äie, ätxäle, eyaye, fìtsenge, fte, fteke, ftue, fyape, hufwe, kame, ke, kehe, kempe,
kìte'e, kllte, krrpe, kxetse, lahe, lumpe, mllte, moe, mune, munge, ne, nì'awve, nìftue, nume, oe, ohe, pe, plltxe, poe,
rawke, rutxe, sänume, seze, spe'e, srake, srane, Tawtute, te, tupe, tute, tsap'alute, tsawke, tsenge, tsengpe, tskxe,
tsmuke, txele, ulte, yawne, zamunge, zene, fkxake, pate, spule, zenke, luke, sre, holpxaype, hìmtxampe, lì'upe, tse,
nikre, syuve, tete, mekre, kxuke, trr'awve, trrmuve, trrpxeyve, trrtsìve, trrmrrve, trrpuve, trrkive, fnepe, trrpeve, pxisre,
'awlie, hewne, muve, pxeyve, tsìve, mrrve, puve, kive, volve, syeptute, smaoe, flefle, kxaylte, fuke, muntxate, 'eve,
'evenge, tìspe'e, nìFranse, nìToitsye, Sweriye, skxaypxe, wäte, tìwäte, säwäte, lewäte, nìwäte, lisre, slele, nìslele,
ye, somwewpe, tsyafe, wawe, txanwawe, nìwawe, säplltxe, koakte, 'are, fkxile, Toitsye, mìftxele, letxiluke, nìtxiluke,
way a plltxe,
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Blue Elf on February 24, 2012, 07:54:18 AM
To make things simplest as possible, install vrrtepcli tool (http://code.google.com/p/vrrtepcli/), it contains rhyming dictionary too:
C:\Windows\System32>vrrtepcli -r tsawke
Vrrtep CLI v1.94.2 by Tirea Aean
Windows version by Swoka Ikran
Standalone version

'awve, 'ite, 'upe, 'upxare, atxkxe, ayoe, äie, ätxäle, eyaye, fìtsenge, fte, fteke, ftue, fyape, hufwe, kame, ke, kehe, kempe,
kìte'e, kllte, krrpe, kxetse, lahe, lumpe, mllte, moe, mune, munge, ne, nì'awve, nìftue, nume, oe, ohe, pe, plltxe, poe,
rawke, rutxe, sänume, seze, spe'e, srake, srane, Tawtute, te, tupe, tute, tsap'alute, tsawke, tsenge, tsengpe, tskxe,
tsmuke, txele, ulte, yawne, zamunge, zene, fkxake, pate, spule, zenke, luke, sre, holpxaype, hìmtxampe, lì'upe, tse,
nikre, syuve, tete, mekre, kxuke, trr'awve, trrmuve, trrpxeyve, trrtsìve, trrmrrve, trrpuve, trrkive, fnepe, trrpeve, pxisre,
'awlie, hewne, muve, pxeyve, tsìve, mrrve, puve, kive, volve, syeptute, smaoe, flefle, kxaylte, fuke, muntxate, 'eve,
'evenge, tìspe'e, nìFranse, nìToitsye, Sweriye, skxaypxe, wäte, tìwäte, säwäte, lewäte, nìwäte, lisre, slele, nìslele,
ye, somwewpe, tsyafe, wawe, txanwawe, nìwawe, säplltxe, koakte, 'are, fkxile, Toitsye, mìftxele, letxiluke, nìtxiluke,
way a plltxe,

for Windows I recommend the Standalone version.

Tirea Aean

NEW!

I have altered the script to generate the rhyme dictionary in alphabetical order! :D

Check it out ;)

EDIT: And I know about the "a, a," deal. And I don't feel like fixing it. That is literally because a is listed in the main database twice. even looks like an age-old hack in the database:

$ cat metaWords.txt | grep ";a;"
120;a;a;\N;part.
124;a;a;\N;affix

If it bugs one of you extremely badly to the point you can't stand looking at it, I'll totally fix it.

Alyara Arati

Coolness of alphabetizing!  Thanks. :D
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Ean Hufwetulyu

Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

xelloss

Kaltxì ma Tirea Aean

Fwolew tìkangkemti ngeyä, slä ke tsun rivun oe nang  :(
Srake nga tsun nivìn ?  :D

Eywa ayngahu !
Le premier homme qui est mort à du être drôlement surpris.
Partir c'est mourir un peu, et mourir c'est partir beaucoup.
La Terre est basse.
Les lénitions, en rouge

Le Na'vi fpi Ayskxawng 2022

Tirea Aean

xelloss

Kaltxì ma Tirea Aean

Ngaru seiyi irayo nang  :D

Eywa ngahu !
Le premier homme qui est mort à du être drôlement surpris.
Partir c'est mourir un peu, et mourir c'est partir beaucoup.
La Terre est basse.
Les lénitions, en rouge

Le Na'vi fpi Ayskxawng 2022