@navi_wotd. Na'vi word of the day on Twitter.

Started by Puvomun, March 27, 2011, 10:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puvomun

Quote from: Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean on December 04, 2012, 09:08:10 AM
576: ìpxa :    ÃŒpxa tsawl soli ka fya'o a ìlä tsa'u moe nolew hivum.

498-506, 543, 547-548, 550-552, 554-561 have "Â" in the mp3 links example: "nìso'ha - adv. enthusiastically " the word itself is correct it seems that randomly across the entire list it's inserting that "Â"  at the end of specific words
not sure why but i suspect something server side
i stopped looking below 498 when i realised it's not a letter in the actual words it's almost like a formatting thing
I found something very odd in the base file. Behind e.g. ylltxep (543) there was a something which in the editor looked like a space but was something else, and many had that. I replaced all those by spaces now. Tomorrow's wotd will fix the problem - I have no idea what happened there.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Palulukan Maktoyu

I found something very odd in the base file. Behind e.g. ylltxep (543) there was a something which in the editor looked like a space but was something else, and many had that. I replaced all those by spaces now. Tomorrow's wotd will fix the problem - I have no idea what happened there.
[/quote]
the page is starting to look correct again.
but way down the page.
Pefya nga fpìl? - expr. What do you think?
ka wotx - expr. generally, for the most part (lit.: across the totality)
syeprel - n. camera

and more seems they were spread through the page, not sure what the trigger was
just a curious
i noticed the page ends in PHP
thusly does this mean the page upon view then polls the data it requires and then displays it as such to the viewer?
if that's the case whatever is causing it, i would think just like your already applied changes showing now corrected
would have immediate effect

edit: if you want a FULL list of every word line that has it i'll put that here if you want, just figured maybe something that can search and pull the offending character hrh
edit 2: just found this "numultxatu (n., nu.mul.TXA.tu) ‘classmate, member of a class'
bolded the odd character found in words 509 and 511 so far
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Puvomun

Quote from: Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean on December 04, 2012, 01:05:59 PM
the page is starting to look correct again.
but way down the page.
Pefya nga fpìl? - expr. What do you think?
ka wotx - expr. generally, for the most part (lit.: across the totality)
syeprel - n. camera

and more seems they were spread through the page, not sure what the trigger was
just a curious
i noticed the page ends in PHP
thusly does this mean the page upon view then polls the data it requires and then displays it as such to the viewer?
if that's the case whatever is causing it, i would think just like your already applied changes showing now corrected
would have immediate effect
edit: if you want a FULL list of every word line that has it i'll put that here if you want, just figured maybe something that can search and pull the offending character hrh

I changed the base file. I wrote a program that generates a datafile with the words of the day up to now and that datafile is uploaded to the site. I did not change the datafile and did not upload that. I did make some changes to the coding of the hard-coded text to make those look okay regardless encoding header in the meta command of the page.
In the base file I saw at least 30 wrong characters, which are corrected now - there, in the base file. Tomorrow a new datafile with correct codes will be created and uploaded.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Puvomun on December 02, 2012, 12:54:55 PM
Quote from: Puvomun on December 02, 2012, 11:59:39 AM
I do need to think of a better way to keep track of the words I have already used. With over 600 words in the list, checking if one was already used gets more tedious.

Is there a way to get a dump of the database or so? I could rig up something with that quite easily, I think. Would only work 100% if there is a refresh once in a while of course, but still.

vrrtepcli has copies of the database Tables and table elements as plain text dumps. Take a look at the install directory localizedWords.txt and metaWords.txt (the tables) and naviwords. txt, eng.txt, nl. txt, {lang_code_here}.txt (hand picked column elements) Those text files all update when a new dictionary comes out. (More accurately, when I have time to do server side updates on my end, and you run the vrrtep update script. Which reminds me, I gotta do this again very soon.)

Puvomun

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 07, 2012, 07:42:59 AM
Quote from: Puvomun on December 02, 2012, 12:54:55 PM
Quote from: Puvomun on December 02, 2012, 11:59:39 AM
I do need to think of a better way to keep track of the words I have already used. With over 600 words in the list, checking if one was already used gets more tedious.

Is there a way to get a dump of the database or so? I could rig up something with that quite easily, I think. Would only work 100% if there is a refresh once in a while of course, but still.

vrrtepcli has copies of the database Tables and table elements as plain text dumps. Take a look at the install directory localizedWords.txt and metaWords.txt (the tables) and naviwords. txt, eng.txt, nl. txt, {lang_code_here}.txt (hand picked column elements) Those text files all update when a new dictionary comes out. (More accurately, when I have time to do server side updates on my end, and you run the vrrtep update script. Which reminds me, I gotta do this again very soon.)
+1 :)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Palulukan Maktoyu

Don't know if this has anything to do with the recent odd character thing
but i found a 2 of the sound files had ì in then in place of ì
in the song title id3tag
625 nìpxi - adv. especially, pointedly, unambiguously
606 nìran - adv. basically, fundamentally, in essence

i've corrected them in my local collection but figured i'd mention it incase it had something to do with the recent problems as other files maybe affected
:o

Palulukan Maktoyu

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Words still seem to be having ì instead of ì in the Song title on the word itself
627 tìno - n. thoroughness, attention to detail
628 nìpxay - adv. many, manily

I'm not sure if this is related to the recent character issues but figured i'd report it =)

Puvomun

Quote from: Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean on December 14, 2012, 10:36:02 AM
:'( :'( :'( :'(

Words still seem to be having ì instead of ì in the Song title on the word itself
627 tìno - n. thoroughness, attention to detail
628 nìpxay - adv. many, manily

I'm not sure if this is related to the recent character issues but figured i'd report it =)

If you mean this is in the MP3, that is something I cannot fix. That is the area of Omängum Fra'uti who records them.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Palulukan Maktoyu

Yup it's in the mp3, just didn't know if the website had originally taken anything from it =)

Puvomun

Quote from: Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean on December 14, 2012, 11:06:51 AM
Yup it's in the mp3, just didn't know if the website had originally taken anything from it =)

Maybe the ID is generated from the info there, which originally had the weird code in it. That would be my best guess.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Palulukan Maktoyu

is it just me or is wotd 616 and 612 the same word?
"Yewla"

Puvomun

Did I already mention I need a better way to keep track of which word was already used?

b.t.w.: It's just you. ;)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Puvomun on December 19, 2012, 11:08:38 PM
Did I already mention I need a better way to keep track of which word was already used?

b.t.w.: It's just you. ;)
Hrh yea I think you mused on the subject h ;D
It just threw me as one had a sound file and the other didn't
As well they had different descriptions slightly

Plumps

Today's word got confused with epxang ;)
Please fix :)

Puvomun

Quote from: Plumps on December 23, 2012, 12:29:29 PM
Today's word got confused with epxang ;)
Please fix :)

Good catch, thank you. Site is updated tomorrow with the new word.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Vawmataw

The WOTD is wrong: it's supposed to be epxang.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Vawmataw

Today's word is special, 'cuz this is Christmas: herwiva. There are a lot of herwiva on the ground.  :D

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Na'vi a Kepekmì on December 25, 2012, 10:55:04 AM
Today's word is special, 'cuz this is Christmas: herwiva. There are a lot of herwiva on the ground.  :D

aww , all ours are broken , and came down as aytompìva  :'(

Vawmataw

Quote from: Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean on December 25, 2012, 10:57:59 AM
Quote from: Na'vi a Kepekmì on December 25, 2012, 10:55:04 AM

aww , all ours are broken , and came down as aytompìva  :'(
Oel ngeyä tìsrawit kameie.  :( Look at that snowstorm: http://forum.learnnavi.org/mgallery/?sa=album;id=267.

Palulukan Maktoyu