@navi_wotd. Na'vi word of the day on Twitter.

Started by Puvomun, March 27, 2011, 10:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

omängum fra'uti

The source word list is all hand crafted, it's just taking that list and posting it/making sigbars that is all scripted.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Puvomun

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 30, 2011, 12:43:23 AM
Oh. I thought it was all scripted?
Everything but adding actual new words to the list is scripted. I like picking out words myself. I'm weird like that. ;)
Initially I made a list of 180 words and got that to omängum, so he knows what's coming for the mp3s. We're little past halfway through the list now, so in a while I will add another bunch of words to make the first 365 (a year's worth) complete.
If I want to script that selection, I would need a text-file or sql-dump of the dictionary and keep track of what's already sent out (I want to prevent doubles). And of course I'd need updates of new stuff.
Creating the first list of 180 words took me about half an hour. Not bad for half a year's worth of words, I think. It has the advantage that I can control how the text is formated so the tweet does not get too long when the url to the mp3 is added to it. (And omängum warned me about a few that might go over the 140 char limit.)
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Puvomun

Okay. Service announcement.

• http://naviwotd.nlpagan.net is now international for 3 languages: English, German and Dutch. Click the flag to switch
  • The update-site for all languages but English are at http://nwyfre.homelinux.net/wupdater/wupdater.php.
  • There is a script in place that will run every 2 hours. It will check if there are modifications made to the separate translation files and will update those on the live site.

And it is quite simple for me to add another language.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

omängum fra'uti

Speaking of hand typing the word list, #106 should be mikyun not mikyan.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Puvomun

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on June 30, 2011, 02:02:47 PM
Speaking of hand typing the word list, #106 should be mikyun not mikyan.

Oy, thanks!!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

I have corrected the german page(I've marked the errors) You find it in the attachment.

Puvomun

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on July 01, 2011, 08:15:28 AM
I have corrected the german page(I've marked the errors) You find it in the attachment.

Thank you. I have installed 7-zip for this attachment but it can't open the thing. Windows is made of <censored>.

Could you please mail it as zip (or unzipped) to puvomun at nlpagan dot net ? Irayo!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Puvomun

Hi Omängum Fra'uti, I put an expanded list of words of the day here.
I extended the list to 230 words.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Oma Tirea

I notice a lot of color-related words have sequentially been popping up lately.  Maybe a little more word randomization is in order here?

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on August 02, 2011, 09:44:46 PM
I notice a lot of color-related words have sequentially been popping up lately.  Maybe a little more word randomization is in order here?

surely that was intentional in order to focus on colors this week. As said earlier, this list is handwritten and goes in that order.

Puvomun

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 02, 2011, 09:52:00 PM
Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on August 02, 2011, 09:44:46 PM

surely that was intentional in order to focus on colors this week. As said earlier, this list is handwritten and goes in that order.

Indeed. I also did all the numbers in a row, a while ago. Some things go well together. :)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

when do you update the list for translating?

Puvomun

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on August 03, 2011, 11:05:45 AM
when do you update the list for translating?
What do you mean by that? When the translations in German and Dutch are done? Or do you mean when there is a chance to make the latest translations?

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Swoka Ikran

Closing parenthesis is missing on word im - adj. yellow (colours
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Puvomun

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on August 03, 2011, 12:40:32 PM
Closing parenthesis is missing on word im - adj. yellow (colours
I just noticed. Am fixing.

Fixed. CSV is copied to the download position.

Problem was in the CSV file that I updated yesterday...

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ekirä

Puvomun

Quote from: Ekirä on August 03, 2011, 12:45:56 PM
Also--I believe im should be rim. ;)
Indeed. Something went wrong with the base file I use for the tweets. All the starting and ending letters were chopped off the file that is used for the wotd...  >:(

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ekirä

Quote from: Puvomun on August 03, 2011, 12:47:59 PM
Quote from: Ekirä on August 03, 2011, 12:45:56 PM
Also--I believe im should be rim. ;)
Indeed. Something went wrong with the base file I use for the tweets. All the starting and ending letters were chopped off the file that is used for the wotd...  >:(
Ahh tslolam. That sucks. :(