Na'vi Number worksheets

Started by Lrrtoksì nìhawng, February 26, 2010, 01:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lrrtoksì nìhawng

I'm working on a set of worksheets that sort of walk you through the octal counting system, plus Na'vi number word construction. You can pick up the beta version here: http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B31JcOcUoXlFZWNjMjJlYTQtNjlkOC00YTgyLWI0YjAtZTdiNGY3NWI3ZmNm&hl=en

If anything needs correcting or you think you know of a way I could explain it better please please PLEASE let me know! Even little nitpicky stuff. There's a TON of ways to make embarrassing typos when you're dealing with words like kivozamkizamtsìvomrr. There are more worksheets in the pipeline to cover the grammar rules like prefixes when dealing with quantities but my grammar skills are pretty much fail right now so it's taking longer. Also, if there are some puzzles you want to see more of, I can add those too.

Edit: The answers to all the puzzles are now compiled in a "spoiler" edition of the worksheets here: http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B31JcOcUoXlFY2NlMjU1MjEtZGVjYi00OTA4LTk1ZjYtYjdiZTlhNmI4NjI3&hl=en

Bonus: I re-uploaded the original worksheet set with a new puzzle and better directions for the jigsaw sudoku and typo corrections. Busy busy busy!
Eywa hangham fa aysyulang.

tìngay mungeyu

This is great! :D I love the sudoku part. :)

Irayo!

TesterScot

Quote from: tìngay mungeyu on February 26, 2010, 06:18:39 AM
This is great! :D I love the sudoku part. :)

Irayo! Me too!!!

I will be using this (a lot).

Irayoru 'Awve Tìkameie for the profile pic. Go to http://www.mpandoraln.weebly.com to see his ongoing work.
Brand New Learner - please correct my usage 8-)

Payoang

This is great! Sharing with the world.

SkyFox

Awesome.

You know, i was on wikipedia looking up the octal number system and apparently there are (or were; i'm not sure) civilizations that use the system. It said that they used the spaces between their fingers, rather than the fingers themselves.

just thought i'd share that interesting bit of information  :)

It's helped for me to do the same when counting in Na'vi instead of just not counting my pinkie, which gets a little tricky sometimes.

Uniltsamsiyu

Great worksheet! Irayo!!

And irayo for that information SkyFox. I never thought of doing that, counting the spaces between my fingers. I think that will be very helpful!

Nyx

Awesome, now I have something to do this weekend ;D

(I do have a life, trust me...)

Lenewa txe'lan

Will anyone please write the answers to the sudoku and tell me the rules of the "jigsaw sokodu"  :D

Lrrtoksì nìhawng

Quote from: Lenewa txe'lan on February 26, 2010, 05:56:22 PM
Will anyone please write the answers to the sudoku and tell me the rules of the "jigsaw sokodu"  :D

There's a "spoiler edition" with all the answers but it currently exists as a bunch of scrap papers all around my computer. I was concentrating on getting the goods out before I worry about that but I can start putting together something this weekend for the worksheets that are done.

The jigsaw sudoku has the same rules as the regular kind but the 2x4 rectangles are arranged in kind of a flower pattern instead of a straight grid. All you have to remember is to get 'aw through vol to appear in each block of colors, each column, and each row. I should probably add that to the official directions.  ;)
Eywa hangham fa aysyulang.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

pxay irayo! This is a wonderful, well thought-out tool. Octal is not a problem for me because much of computer science is based on octal (have done octal to hex to binary to decimal conversions many times in my head!) Takes some getting used to not having a zero, though :-[

The suduko puzzles are awesome. But I think I have found an error in the first puzzle, in that there is no legal place for [b[]mune[/b] in the lower right cell. Or, I am doing something really stupid (and I play a lot of  tawtute suduko).

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]