Translator @ReactOS looking for 5-10 Na'vi translators, anybody interested?

Started by Wakoyantanke, November 29, 2011, 08:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakoyantanke

Never give up, never surrender! :P

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on December 17, 2011, 05:47:05 PM
Quote from: Tsmuktengan on December 12, 2011, 01:32:57 PM
So, is there something getting started? I hear no news about this.

OK so this idea now seems dead, never mind.
Sorry for being absent my job only allows me to focus on these hobbies every 3 weeks or so.  This week I will be able to play the entire week.
Also I've been forced to battle with some Level 10 super bosses over at ReactOS for the last couple of weeks.  Trying to defend against ReactOS developers saying that Na'vi isn't a real language and all that fun bureaucracy, but I think all that is finally over.

News - week 51

1.)
The news is currently this.  I'm getting the technical help to get things started.
http://www.reactos.org/forum - Help with adding Na'vi to muilanguages.h file?

2.)
ReactOS forum don't want to create a Na'vi sub-forum for me to document the project the way I intend it.

3.)
Quote from: Tsmuktengan on December 04, 2011, 01:45:05 PM
Leave them the time to answer. Payoang for example is extremely busy. Be patient.
None of these guys have answered my PM yet.
So no LearnNavi.org forum with Na'vi sub-forum for me to document the project the way I intend it.

4.)
Might have to use my own website forum to create Na'vi sub-forum for proper documentations.  But this isn't the preferred official way I wanted.

Summary
So to sum things up first I need that ReactOS language file to be updated.
Then I need a Na'vi sub-forum on either ReactOS.org AND|OR LearnNavi.org.

Then I can start to do my thing...

Wakoyantanke

I have faith in rookie Na'vi translators!  ;)

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 05, 2011, 08:37:53 AM
Quote from: Wakoyantanke on December 04, 2011, 04:05:47 PM
Great!   :D

4 Na'vi linguists so far now I only need 26 more.  In order to prove to the ReactOS forum mods that there actually are at least 30 living people that uses this language.

Then they said I might get permission to open up a Na'vi language sub-forum in ReactOS forum for proper documentation and validation purposes.

finding 26 proficient people (willing to participate in this) is quite the task. Most here are beginners, or believe themselves to be beginners. I know they're out there... somewhere.

I have faith in rookie Na'vi translators, I don't need any expert linguists to do this.  That's my secret plan.  :-X  ;)

akiwiguy

Well then we'd better get started.
Should I set up a GitHub repo with a copy of the translations, so we can collaborate?

akiwiguy

doublepost: http://code.google.com/p/reactos-nvi/
i'm committing the translation files there (in the same directory structure as the main ReactOS tree) ready to be translated. email [email protected] with your Gmail/Google Account email address to be added to the list of committers.

Tsmuktengan

Wakoyantanke, try to drop an e-mail rather than just a PM then to Payoang. Emails are often more practical than forum PMs that can be a bit messy.

Wakoyantanke

Command Center - my place.

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on December 19, 2011, 09:01:08 PM
Wakoyantanke, try to drop an e-mail rather than just a PM then to Payoang. Emails are often more practical than forum PMs that can be a bit messy.

I think that it's best if I use my own website forum for documentation purposes first before I use ReactOS and LearnNavi forums for this purpose.  Then I can better admin the catalogs to my own liking much quicker.

I will give you my website link when I have setup things the way I want first.  Please hold...

GitHub

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on December 18, 2011, 05:35:41 PM
Well then we'd better get started.
Should I set up a GitHub repo with a copy of the translations, so we can collaborate?

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on December 18, 2011, 06:07:08 PM
doublepost: http://code.google.com/p/reactos-nvi/
i'm committing the translation files there (in the same directory structure as the main ReactOS tree) ready to be translated. email [email protected] with your Gmail/Google Account email address to be added to the list of committers.

Thanks, but I'm not very accustomed to GitHub so I don't know how to make use of it yet.  Please keep it for future needs when there's time for people to teach and show me how I can take advantage of it properly.  Right now all I need is a forum just like this to make the documentation I have in mind.

Bad News

Seems like it's holiday week and there's a new wave of bureaucracy for me to handle.  All my time this entire week might be tied solely to handling the bureaucracy.
http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9925

In the mean time I will start setting up the Command Center at my place.  And give you guys more info when it's ready.

// Happy holidays!

Wakoyantanke

Those of you who are interested in this project could start by creating an Avatar identification like I have done at my website forum.

http://virtualseafarer.com/forum/ - Avatar identification