online wiccan/pagan na'vi clan

Started by 'Ì'awn Menari, June 18, 2010, 11:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Ì'awn Menari

it's all right tsmuke =D.  now that High School is out i'm more nocternal (i'll have to be soon anyways cause of my work schedule whenever my boss wants to freakin hire me hrh)

so how about this as rule 4 or 5 (in regards to teh circle):  rules of ritual proceedures will be determined by the leader of the ritual or circle at the time. (i'm just worried about wording it)
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Tompa'Ivong

I think that makes good sense on the circle, cause afterall both cultures use the circle

edit, here is my FB

http://www.facebook.com/TompaIvong

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

'Ì'awn Menari

Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Nusumea Tirea

Quote from: I'awn Menari on June 27, 2010, 06:06:48 PM
where's our other council members i wonder...?

sleeping. I'm from Europe and writing this early in the morning  ;) The last I saw was your 2 minute old idea of the rede and the threefold law on facebook.

As there are many Versions around how to do things, I agree that the rules of a ritual or circle should be set by the person(s) leading them.
The other rules are fine by me. Respecting your Elders (maybe also Ancestors) is a good thing to do.
The only thing (and please correct me if it's not already there) should be, that we don't restrict sombody else's will or freedom to choose.

Tompa'Ivong

Quote from: Nusumea Tirea on June 28, 2010, 12:09:44 AM
Quote from: I'awn Menari on June 27, 2010, 06:06:48 PM
where's our other council members i wonder...?

sleeping. I'm from Europe and writing this early in the morning  ;) The last I saw was your 2 minute old idea of the rede and the threefold law on facebook.

As there are many Versions around how to do things, I agree that the rules of a ritual or circle should be set by the person(s) leading them.
The other rules are fine by me. Respecting your Elders (maybe also Ancestors) is a good thing to do.
The only thing (and please correct me if it's not already there) should be, that we don't restrict sombody else's will or freedom to choose.

Aynga mllte ko nang, that should be rule #4, Free will is afterall Free will, nothing is to be done by force

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

'Ì'awn Menari

Oe mllte.  the Lord and Lady gave us the freedom to choose our own paths we should honor that.  and Ean came with a rule onf Facebook and didn't seem to have put it on here.  he was thinking that once everything is squared away (like we come up with a name for the clan, the rules, etc.) then we speak and write niNa'vi to each other a majority of the time.  me and Amaya like the idea, what say you guys?

sìltsan? kawng?
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Nusumea Tirea

sìltsan, slä...
I think it is a good idea, even if my answers will be very slow at first, because my niNa'vi isn't really that good
(yet)  :-[
But it might be a problem if a beginner in niNa'vi want's to join us.

'Ì'awn Menari

yeah that could pose a problem...i already know i'm going to be slow when replying in full Na'vi.  maybe the beginners can still use english with the more fluent helping them when need be.  that way they still get in the practice of writing/speaking Na'vi, and the others can still talk in more fluent Na'vi.  i'm just brain stormin' compromises here XD
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Nusumea Tirea

Quote from: I'awn Menari on June 28, 2010, 07:44:55 AM
yeah that could pose a problem...i already know i'm going to be slow when replying in full Na'vi.  maybe the beginners can still use english with the more fluent helping them when need be.  that way they still get in the practice of writing/speaking Na'vi, and the others can still talk in more fluent Na'vi.  i'm just brain stormin' compromises here XD
I thought along the same lines. I don't think it would be a good idea to separate english and Na'vi threads. We should encourage all, to use Na'vi as much as personally possible and see how it works. As we found out with the chants that's sometimes not possible due to lack of words at the moment. Or think about describing a longer ritual in Na'vi  :-\

'Ì'awn Menari

well we didn't have to seperate the threads but oe mllte that with the gap with vocab and everything at least to use na'vi as much as possible.  we'd never be able to translate all we say...
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Elektrolurch

Quote from: I'awn Menari on June 28, 2010, 08:50:39 AM
well we didn't have to seperate the threads but oe mllte that with the gap with vocab and everything at least to use na'vi as much as possible.  we'd never be able to translate all we say...

But we're still a wiccan/pagan clan. ;D
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

'Ì'awn Menari

Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Nusumea Tirea

'Ì'awn Menari

Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Elektrolurch

It's good to have similar friends here. :)

'Ì'awn Menari

yeah =D. 
all righty then i can't think of any other rules (if you can please don't hesitate to share).  so our clan needs a name...thoughts, ideas? 
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

vamp120

Quote from: I'awn Menari on June 28, 2010, 01:24:31 PM
yeah =D. 
all righty then i can't think of any other rules (if you can please don't hesitate to share).  so our clan needs a name...thoughts, ideas? 
for a name, I was thinking Eywa's children of the earth, but I couldn't find the translation for "of the earth" in the vocab  :D

Elektrolurch

Earthyä? I mean.. Earth is a name, isn't it?

Amaya

'Rrta, if you want to do it completely in Na'vi :-*

Elektrolurch

The Na'vi see the Earth as home of the Sawtute.. But Earth is still wonderful. :)