Pamrelfya a'Eoio

Started by Prrton, September 02, 2010, 08:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikran Ahiyìk

It would make the numbers even more complicated. :P

Quote from: Prrton on October 27, 2010, 09:46:12 PM
I have NO IDEA. This is way outside of my domain of expertise. I don't see why not, but I have no idea how to pronounce them.
The silly way: °1234567 => 'aw-mune-pxey-tsìng-mrr-pukap-kinä ...

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on October 27, 2010, 08:48:36 PM
Change the question again...
If I want to use 'Eoio to show the number °1234567, what would it be?

This?
°

This?

Or this?
°1234567

I prefer the second one...

I prefer the 2nd one too.
Now I am trying to understand the ideas of all here...

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on October 27, 2010, 08:48:36 PM
Yeah, the "lines" I mean is... this... "ideographic numbers"
There's only a few vocabulary in my brain :P

This MUCH MUCH more English vocabulary in your brain than Cantonese in mine!!

But English is an international language. :o
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Puvomun

Just a word of thanks: I installed the font (in Linux) and it works great.
Irayo
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Prrton

Quote from: Puvomun on October 28, 2010, 01:29:41 PM
Irayo

Txantsan ! Ngal kop serar nì'it a fì'uri oeru teya si.*

Kemaweyan

Quote from: Puvomun on October 28, 2010, 01:29:41 PM
Irayo

Hmm.. And do all contextual substitutions work fine? I needed to recompile the pango with some changes to make it work :)
Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

guest2859

Could someone make a PDF that displays the Na'vi/Latin alphabet and the respective Na'vi/Eoio alphabet?

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Eana Nantang on October 30, 2010, 03:25:54 PM
Could someone make a PDF that displays the Na'vi/Latin alphabet and the respective Na'vi/Eoio alphabet?

...or full Eoio character descriptions, similar to what Unicode does?

Irayo in advance...

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Prrton

Quote from: Eana Nantang on October 30, 2010, 03:25:54 PM

http://forum.learnnavi.org/projects/pamrelfya-aeoio/msg302633/#msg302633

Does it have to be a PDF? Could YOU make it if a PDF is required?

Note that the form of 3 (pxey) has changed to avoid ambiguity between °23 and °32.

guest2859

Woah, that's confusing. Well, it could be anything document-relate (except DOC) that can be printed, but that chart is just way too confusing for me.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Eana Nantang on October 30, 2010, 03:37:07 PM
Woah, that's confusing. Well, it could be anything document-relate (except DOC) that can be printed, but that chart is just way too confusing for me.

Plus, the above chart may have undergone a few changes (e.g. the form for pxey)...

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Prrton

I'll document the font when Kemaweyan declares that it's DONE.

This is the Na'vi alphabet in Roman text:

( ' ) tìFtang, A, AW, AY, Ä, E, EW, EY, Fä, Hä, I, Ì, KeK, KxeKx, LeL, 'Ll, MeM, NeN, NgeNg, O, PeP, PxePx, ReR, 'Rr, Sä, TeT, TxeTx, Tsä, U, Vä, Wä, Yä, Zä

This is the same ordering in Eoio (requires that font be installed to display correctly):

', A, AW, AY, Ä, E, EW, EY, Fä, Hä, I, Ì, KeK, KxeKx, LeL, 'Ll, MeM, NeN, NgeNg, O, PeP, PxePx, ReR, 'Rr, Sä, TeT, TxeTx, Tsä, U, Vä, Wä, Yä, Zä

If the commas are confusing, here is the same thing without commas.

' A AW AY Ä E EW EY Fä Hä I Ì KeK KxeKx LeL 'Ll MeM NeN NgeNg O PeP PxePx ReR 'Rr Sä TeT TxeTx Tsä U Vä Wä Yä Zä

If you don't need to see the letter names spelled out:

' A AW AY Ä E EW EY F H I Ì K KX L LL M N NG O P PX R RR S T TX TS U V W Y Z

The new pxey (3) is not integrated into any version of the font that's available yet.

Ikran Ahiyìk

No need to print...

I think the place arranging of that pic is quite clear, classified by groups and levels.

You may take a blank paper and copy it down, I did so, but I don't have to look at it right after that day...

Maweyatan

Last night...I did the unthinkable... Prrton...I took your special glyph for Na'vi, drew it in a fashion that I liked...handed it to a tattoo artist...and I am not telling lies...I have dedication srak?

Picture is attached. The reasoning behind me doing so, was to cover up an old barcode tattoo that didn't look all that great to me. Warning, it's not going to look as good, because it's healing, but once it's over...it's gonna be epic. I also have to go back in, so I may ask, if the red has faded, if I could put green there, instead. xD

~Maweyatan

Update: The lettering does look crappy, but it is something that I have drawn (not an artist)...and that's all that matters! :D

Plumps

Quote from: Maweyatan on October 31, 2010, 07:58:24 AM
Last night...I did the unthinkable... Prrton...I took your special glyph for Na'vi, drew it in a fashion that I liked...handed it to a tattoo artist...and I am not telling lies...I have dedication srak?

Indeed you have ... let's hope the meaning of Na'vi doesn't change ... or the glyphs ;D

Prrton

Picture is attached. The reasoning behind me doing so, was to cover up an old barcode tattoo that didn't look all that great to me. Warning, it's not going to look as good, because it's healing, but once it's over...it's gonna be epic. I also have to go back in, so I may ask, if the red has faded, if I could put green there, instead. xD

~Maweyatan

Update: The lettering does look crappy, but it is something that I have drawn (not an artist)...and that's all that matters! :D

Ma Maweyatan,

I'm a bit stunned.

I don't have any tattoos and likely never will. Somehow I just don't think I could "pull it off" (double entendre intended).

I recently helped a friend of a friend decide on a tattoo design for the space immediately below her navel. Our mutual friend recommended that she talk to me about it because he knows that I have studied Asian calligraphy. I've actually never even met her (or even seen a photo of the outcome), but she selected one of the Tibetan words for "life" or "life force", which would be pronounced in Na'vi as [sok] if based on the modern dialect of Lhasa. She's actually older than I am and has put A LOT of thought into this over many years. She decided that now was just the right time for her.

I've never actively encouraged anyone to get a tattoo, because it's not something that I would do myself, but I agree with you that with an important, permanent decision like this, the only thing that matters in the end is that it be something that is meaningful to you, that you're proud of, and that it have a positive impact on your life. Often that's a difficult thing to know about something that will be with you permanently into the future at the time that it becomes un-undo-able.

I would generally recommend to anyone thinking of getting a tattoo to consider it very very carefully and to discuss it with parents, family, and other loved ones before taking action. As a species we attach a tremendous amount of importance to symbols whether they are abstractions of words like writing or physical objects/totems. This is part of what defines us as human beings, but it also is always open to interpretation and can be the source of a great deal of misunderstanding and passionate feelings.

You seem very pleased with your decision -- albeit self-described as "unthinkable" -- and I am happy for you for that.

Maweyatan

Quote from: Plumps on October 31, 2010, 04:39:00 PM

Indeed you have ... let's hope the meaning of Na'vi doesn't change ... or the glyphs ;D

xD Yes...I really do hope. :P
Quote from: Prrton on October 31, 2010, 06:19:27 PM

~Maweyatan

Ma Maweyatan,

I'm a bit stunned.

I don't have any tattoos and likely never will. Somehow I just don't think I could "pull it off" (double entendre intended).

I recently helped a friend of a friend decide on a tattoo design for the space immediately below her navel. Our mutual friend recommended that she talk to me about it because he knows that I have studied Asian calligraphy. I've actually never even met her (or even seen a photo of the outcome), but she selected one of the Tibetan words for "life" or "life force", which would be pronounced in Na'vi as [sok] if based on the modern dialect of Lhasa. She's actually older than I am and has put A LOT of thought into this over many years. She decided that now was just the right time for her.

I've never actively encouraged anyone to get a tattoo, because it's not something that I would do myself, but I agree with you that with an important, permanent decision like this, the only thing that matters in the end is that it be something that is meaningful to you, that you're proud of, and that it have a positive impact on your life. Often that's a difficult thing to know about something that will be with you permanently into the future at the time that it becomes un-undo-able.

I would generally recommend to anyone thinking of getting a tattoo to consider it very very carefully and to discuss it with parents, family, and other loved ones before taking action. As a species we attach a tremendous amount of importance to symbols whether they are abstractions of words like writing or physical objects/totems. This is part of what defines us as human beings, but it also is always open to interpretation and can be the source of a great deal of misunderstanding and passionate feelings.

You seem very pleased with your decision -- albeit self-described as "unthinkable" -- and I am happy for you for that.

Yes, I do believe know that I made a good decision with this tattoo. :)

~Maweyatan

Prrton

Quote from: Maweyatan on October 31, 2010, 08:40:13 PM

~Maweyatan

Txantsan!

"If you love it, it's epic."

We don't have a word in Na'vi yet for 'epic', do we?... Hmmm...

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Prrton on November 01, 2010, 12:56:24 AM

~Maweyatan

Txantsan!

'Epìkx

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 01, 2010, 10:13:13 AM

~Maweyatan

Txantsan!

'Epìkx
Fya'o asìltsan  hrh ;D

Prrton

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on November 01, 2010, 10:16:39 AM

~Maweyatan

Txantsan!

'Epìkx
Fya'o asìltsan  hrh ;D

Oh, right! «'Epìkx»!

Doh!

Oeyä feyl a'epìkx.  ;)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Prrton on November 01, 2010, 10:20:54 AM
Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on November 01, 2010, 10:16:39 AM

~Maweyatan

Txantsan!

'Epìkx
Fya'o asìltsan  hrh ;D

Oh, right! «'Epìkx»!

Doh!

Oeyä feyl a'epìkx.  ;)

'Epìkxa FEYL ma Prrton

EDIT: 'Epìkx evolved from 'epxkx. this was coined by me and a few in the early days of the LN Teamspeak3 server...good times. ;D