Plot and title - would like some help here

Started by Pand tlac Project, June 03, 2011, 07:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pand tlac Project

Hi everyone,, sorry about my prolonged absence...

I was thinking of some elements of a basic general idea in regards to a plot for the novel I have in mind:
-My people, the Kogg yalc - indigenous to Planet Pand tlac - orbits within the "Goldilocks zone" of the star HIP 56948 (about 217 LY from Sol; constellation Draco)
-Starts off with chaos that erupts on Pand tlac when an alien species from elsewhere seeks to invade and conquer the planet.
-Kogg yalc are a have quite a fierce aggressive disposition and have a society centered mostly around military, warfare, honor, physical and mental toughness and prowess in battle. Most tribes are bitter rivals - contacts between them are generally hostile and particularly so when conditions are tough (droughts and poor growing seasons).
-Kogg yalc tribes begrudgingly team up together to fight against the invaders, and defend their homeworld.
-Centuries later some greedy Humans belonging to some corporation ally with the alien invaders to defeat the kogg yalc.
-Due to these combined factors and the steadfast pride of their ethnic and cultural identity, the Kogg yalc tend to be xenophobic.
-Some years later a few Kogg yalc are brought to Earth, and all but a young boy are being secretly held captive by the US. government somewhere, for scientific research and whatnot
-Said Kogg yalc child (born and raised on Earth) is living amongst Human society, but everyone thinks he's just an oddball human with abnormal strength and a ravenous appetite. He is teased by his peers because of his unusual features, and rather prone to getting into fights.. Kogg yalc have tails though he hides his from the public.
-In the story, Kogg yalc are discovered to be the bases of the ancient Indian legends of monkey-like people (Vanaras), and the Hindu deity, Hanuman.
-Are also intrigued by anthropologists by their similarities to Neanderthal man (low sloping cranium, prominent brow ridges, protruding foreface and very robust stocky build), and close genetic relationship with Humans.
A greedy militant corporation from Earth (like the one in Avatar) travels to Pand tlac, and in efforts to take over the world they form an ally with the alien invaders, and begin to succeed. Other Humans that have learned as much as they could about their cultures and learned to speak the Kogg yalc language, who want to defend the kogg yalc and their homeworld, go there also. They try to make peace and negotiate with the indigenous Kogg yalc peoples on Pand tlac, to team up with them to help them in the battle against these invaders, but even when odds are against them,, they refuse.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated to make this a great story sure to get lots of people interested because I want to publish this... and tell what you think of it so far? Suggestions on what I can do to improve upon what I have written? Also, what would be a good title for this? Please give me as many options as you can..  

Below is a sketch I made of one of the main Kogg yalc characters..

Thanks in advance...