Making an MMORPG

Started by Tíngay outíngay, March 01, 2010, 01:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezy Ryder

Also a guitarist? By the way, how is it going?

swiräk

its doing... nothing...

we need organisation...

Ezy Ryder

Good idea... Maybe we should write down who's doing what?

hawnuyuna'viyä

Having a list of who is doing/will do what would help.

First however, we need to get the design sorted, so this section is particularly important for working with the artists here. At the moment we have a very vague sketch of the game and the gameplay.
Lets get some idea of what the storyline will be, characters we need, creatures we need, areas of gameplay, etc. 2D sketches of these is the right stage to be at to start with.

BTW> Shall we grab a github account for this? So that we can work collaboratively over that. Git's source control power will prove crucial in keeping people in sync whilst allowing ideas to develop with each other.

Tíngay outíngay

Me and some mates from school are creating a world and 9 races for this, we are making 8-10 classes all with their own ability trees, the work just goes slightly slowly :P considering that we have our HSC this year. Ill post when we get some conclusively built stuff, ill try to get that up in the next week or so. to make it easier we are gonna make all fo the races humanoid :P except maybe for one. but i do not like to post things that can be shot up. ill post the stuff when im happy with it for review is everyone okay with this?
This is not a signature... It is also not a blatant lie.

Tíngay outíngay

HOWEVER!!!! i am somewhat deficient in the area of the name for the world, its gonna be a fantasy MMORPG, at least the way me and my friends are designing it, so if anyone could help with names that would be wonderful, so far im just calling the world "Htgurlän" but apparently that is a bit hard to pronounce for anyone not on these forums

KxanìaTaronyu

Wow. I have a question, How long has this been in production? Also, I'm guessing the people are going to be Na'vi? Why don't you make a game like 'Sherwood'; Pretty good graphics and the best part is that it's web-based. If you would like me to help in any way (apart from programming or image designing) I would be glad to help..

Irayo, ulte 'Ivong Na'vi.

Ulte 'Ivong MMORPG ;D

KxanìaTaronyu.
"Oel kameie ayngati. Irayo ayngaru ulte Eywa ngahu. 'Ivong Na'vi aysmukan sì aysmuke. Aynga lu Eywayä ayeylan ulte aynga lu yawne oer. Kìyevame!" 

Swokéyan

Im very interested in this  ;D
But remember to make it look way different than other MMORPG's.
Like there are alot of them that look exactly like WoW with the same UI and graphics, and people will think the idea's and graphics are stolen from that game.
Also, u could try to make it exactly like Pandora with the Na'vi race and stuff, but i think you would need permission from JC first :/ lawl
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Tíngay outíngay

we are currently working on that, one of the things that i want is to not have humans as playable :P