pseudorandom Na'vi name generator

Started by Josef, January 09, 2010, 06:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagget00

"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Txon Ikran

My generated name was Tzmukan, seems pretty cool but how ever im no expert at this language at all so i wouldn't know if it is grammatically correct. lol i got to stop distracting myself, if i dont get into at least the basic's of the language, i'l forget about the entire thing. Me and my short attention span :P
Everyone Has Their Own Pandora, Wheres Yours?

Menari Eywayä

I think its not good.. i type 'star' it gives me 'tarya'   but in the learnnavi.org vocab. star=tanhi ,,,

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Beomir Vrykil on January 09, 2010, 07:14:53 PM
My generated name is Atan`eko but I'm not sure if this is grammatically correct... may you invent na'vi names by combining two words like this?

Eywa ngahu ma tsmukan!

I got the same one. In my opinion they just came up with 50 or less names, so expect repeats. I reccomend creating one on your own or using adjectives like Txur (strong)
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Josef

Quote from: Txur Taronyu on January 15, 2010, 06:30:27 PM
My generated name is Atan`eko but I'm not sure if this is grammatically correct... may you invent na'vi names by combining two words like this?

Eywa ngahu ma tsmukan!

I got the same one. In my opinion they just came up with 50 or less names, so expect repeats. I reccomend creating one on your own or using adjectives like Txur (strong)

That's exactly what I said on my first post ^^

Quote from: Josef on January 09, 2010, 06:51:02 PM
[...]
It's only working with a checksum system and the names are selected from a predetermined list.
But the results seems to be correct Na'vi names.
[...]
KLN => Kerusey ta Lrrtok Nìhawng

Danecki

Eywa ngahu ma tsmukan!

Mine is same :-)

MulleDK19

If I enter my real name, Morten, I get "Wor´itan".

If I use my nick name MulleDK19, I get "Tzmukan", lol. Get it? Tsmukan? xD

Zefanaya

Eywa ngahu ma tsmukan!

my name was not generated i translated Life Protector into Tirey (meaning Life) Hawnu (protect) and added "yu" (added to show someone specializes in something like the "er" in hunter some one who hunts) to hawnu to mean (if i translated it correctly) Life Protector Tirey Hawnuyu

so yes you can make a name by combining 2 words like that Neytiri's name is a combination of nere given name and daughter of her mother and fathers names sorry I forget what her full name was
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Skxawng Hawnuyu

-Oe Skxawng Lu.
-Ma Luke, oe lu ngeyä sempul.
-http://khalypso.deviantart.com/art/Create-a-Na-vi-Avatar-150133931

rakel_wolf

Basicly the best thing to do is to find the meaning of your name

im Matthew

which means gift of god i cant find the word of so i used from but you get the idea

i translated that and got Teswotìng Ta Eywa
this is probebly a more logical tranlatoion

Tare'tey

My REAL Name is Shannon..
And i Got Tsanten To lol

Nìftxavang Sreu

I'm still working diligently on my grammer, so for the time being, i just chose two words that I though best discribed my personality. Once I have more of the grammer down, I'll change it to the actual way it's supposed to be. There's a whole other page that talks specifically about the correct Na'vi way to create your name. personally I wouldn't leave it up to a fake name generator

Nìftxavang Sreu

proud member of the NSFC!!

Eltusiyu

Sílron`zem is my Na'vi name :D- from my real name  :D

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

JosieRees

I got Ninat (my real name is Andriana) but isn't that already in the movie? I think I'll make my own :)

Lukxasì

The mine is Tzumukan almost Tsumukan!!

Tefpakyu

Quote from: Lukxasì on February 21, 2010, 02:00:26 PM
The mine is Tzumukan almost Tsumukan!!
I think that's just the name generator failing at spelling, but good name  8)
-Tefpakyu-

Eyamsiyu

I got Mawey (that is exactly as it's spelled too).

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Kahmeh

I would guess that the Tsanten several people have gotten is a spelling error, since there is no such word (thus far) known in Na'vi, I don't believe... but I figure they meant Tsranten? It's a verb, though, afaik, so odd choice for a name. There's some other spelling issues in the ones that I came up with and that others have mentioned here, I think.

The one it gave me most often is Mawey... not what I was looking for, and I don't like the sound of it. :/

ETA: okay and after playing with it a bit more... almost everything I'm getting is either completely ungrammatical, doesn't make sense, or simply doesn't appear in the existing corpus, either as a whole or in compound. I like the sound of Marali, but... yeah. Amiryat was nice too, but that's even worse. Too bad, that thing is kind of useless.
~the ending has not yet been written~

Tefpakyu

I think it's designed for non Na'vi speakers who won't go and look it up   :P
-Tefpakyu-