Pum-Ti-A-Ta Tìrol NìNa'vi

Started by Ftiafpi, June 07, 2010, 07:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eanikran

Quote from: Ftiafpi on June 09, 2010, 12:20:24 AM
Quote from: Na'rìnga Taronyu on June 09, 2010, 12:08:55 AM
I always liked those ads  ;D
in fact I was just thinking about that when I found this thread :D

I'm not much of a rolyu, but if it's needed or if you guys think it would soundgood, I could record a simple bass line for backing  :)
just a bit of input, kìyevame ulte Eywa ayngahu  :)
We could always use a "Pum-Ti-A-Ta, Pum-Ti-A-Ta, Pum-Ti-A-Ta, Pum-Ti-A-Ta, Pum-Ti-A-Ta" for the background chorus at the end. That said, the song is very simple and designed so that even those with the most limited singing ability can manage. Don't feel like you have to a be a world class opera singer to participate.
I meant bass guitar :D sorry for theconfusion, should have clarified, lol
but yeah, just if you think it would be good/sound good. If not, that's cool :)

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Na'rìnga Taronyu on June 09, 2010, 05:37:44 AM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on June 09, 2010, 12:20:24 AM
Quote from: Na'rìnga Taronyu on June 09, 2010, 12:08:55 AM
I always liked those ads  ;D
in fact I was just thinking about that when I found this thread :D

I'm not much of a rolyu, but if it's needed or if you guys think it would soundgood, I could record a simple bass line for backing  :)
just a bit of input, kìyevame ulte Eywa ayngahu  :)
We could always use a "Pum-Ti-A-Ta, Pum-Ti-A-Ta, Pum-Ti-A-Ta, Pum-Ti-A-Ta, Pum-Ti-A-Ta" for the background chorus at the end. That said, the song is very simple and designed so that even those with the most limited singing ability can manage. Don't feel like you have to a be a world class opera singer to participate.
I meant bass guitar :D sorry for theconfusion, should have clarified, lol
but yeah, just if you think it would be good/sound good. If not, that's cool :)
Throw one up, we can try it out when we go to compile the video.

Eanikran

Alright, Ill work on it in the next couple days. Should I just put it up on YouTube?

Krrtspangyu

Could anybody explain me why it is "5) Sì tsawä 'u sì fam" and not just "u"? In the translation it's "things" so I thought in Na'vi there has to be the plural.

Kawturi ke tsun ftivang keye'ungit sawtuteyä
Klick bitte kurz drauf. Kerin Toruk'evil tìsrungit ngeyä!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Krrtspangyu on June 10, 2010, 07:48:27 AM
Could anybody explain me why it is "5) Sì tsawä 'u sì fam" and not just "u"? In the translation it's "things" so I thought in Na'vi there has to be the plural.
Whoops, typo, thanks for catching that, yes that was supposed to be "u" plural.

Olo'pizayu

Oe set plltxe: fì'u kìng lu leflä.

I'm a low range baritone/high range bass. Want some recordings of the lines? I can do a few on my computer (with crappy quality) or freak the s*** out of the sound lab professor (and get good quality and more than a few weird looks).
I enjoy this language. It means I can curse at people in it and they don't know what I'm saying. Of course, they often figure it out purely from the tone of what I say, but that's another problem.

Eanikran

alright, I'm recording my bassline tomorrow but since I'm not singing should I still do a video? or just leave it as the sound file?

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Olo'pizayu on June 10, 2010, 08:42:57 PM
Oe set plltxe: fì'u kìng lu leflä.

I'm a low range baritone/high range bass. Want some recordings of the lines? I can do a few on my computer (with crappy quality) or freak the s*** out of the sound lab professor (and get good quality and more than a few weird looks).
Excellent, either way is good!

Quote from: Na'rìnga Taronyu on June 10, 2010, 09:08:47 PM
alright, I'm recording my bassline tomorrow but since I'm not singing should I still do a video? or just leave it as the sound file?
Just the sound file please.

Eanikran

Alright, will do ;D

should I email it or put it on youtube? Whatever works best for you is good.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Na'rìnga Taronyu on June 10, 2010, 10:58:58 PM
Alright, will do ;D

A file sharing site is what would be best, preferably not youtube since I'd have to download it as a video and then rip out the audio and I'm sure it would lose quality though that. If you have to do email, we can do that, but I would prefer against it at this time.

Eanikran

Quote from: Ftiafpi on June 10, 2010, 11:11:47 PM
Quote from: Na'rìnga Taronyu on June 10, 2010, 10:58:58 PM
Alright, will do ;D

A file sharing site is what would be best, preferably not youtube since I'd have to download it as a video and then rip out the audio and I'm sure it would lose quality though that. If you have to do email, we can do that, but I would prefer against it at this time.
alright, I'll throw it up on mega upload tomorrow after school  :)

Ftiafpi

Created a sample song (forgive my singing, did this in like 20 minutes):

Sample song sung by Ftiafpi. Use to help your pronunciation and singing.
http://forum.learnnavi.org/MGalleryItem.php?id=678

Payoang

Sounds awesome already!

How about we add all the files to this handy dandy folder I maded in the Gallery: http://forum.learnnavi.org/mgallery/?sa=post;album=63 ? Alternatively, email submissions or something else may work too...

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Payoang on June 11, 2010, 01:46:15 AM
Sounds awesome already!

How about we add all the files to this handy dandy folder I maded in the Gallery: http://forum.learnnavi.org/mgallery/?sa=post;album=63 ? Alternatively, email submissions or something else may work too...
Even better. Though, for you people submitting, make sure you let me know what parts you did or something so I can figure out who did what and what goes where.

Rain

"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Ftiafpi

Modified the sample song, lowered and balanced the volume so it wasn't so crazy.

Ftiafpi

Alrighty, according to our "schedule" I'd like to get every part submitted by the 26th of this month, that's in a little less than two weeks. So, if you want to make sure your part(s) get a good review and have a better chance of being included make sure you get them in sooner rather than later. I'm going to do mine last so that I can fill in parts that haven't been filled at the end.

Also, if anyone's struggling with the Na'vi, let me know. I'm gonna put out a crash course on Na'vi video soon as well as a video showing the best ways to record the video and audio we need but let me know if I should get that out ASAP for you guys.

Anyway, can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Ftiafpi

GAH! I finally found where discovery hides the music for people to use to create their own videos (wiya they hide that stuff well).

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/world-is-just-awesome/?smid=YTDSC-YTD-THP

I've added the 5 songs into the gallery but I think we'll stick with our own to be unique and because the ones they have won't fit quite as well with our song as ours will.

hemmond

Great idea. I'll maybe try to sing some parts of it. I only need time and microphone (microphone I'm going to have tomorow). But I'll not be able to sing it until holidays...
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Vawm tsamsiyu

This is awesome I was just thinking how cool it would be to have songs in na'vi while I was listening to enya wishing there were songs like that in na'vi
nice to see it starting :D
they killed the [you] tag